5 Live and Radio Newcastle Tonight 5th August

trophyshy

Newcastle United special between 7pm and 9pm will debate the current situation at the club with special guests, including former Magpies defender Steve Howey.

Not sure how easy it is to get yersel along for a beer beel, but probably worth a listen.

This'll be torture. It'll be like listening to someone read out lo one of the threads on here about what's going on at the club (no offence intended to anyone there btw). No one will have a fucking clue, there'll be stupid people galore, and you'll probably feel more depressed and slightly stupider for having listened to it.

Of course there's always the obligatory idiot who's hindered by his accent to the extent he can't string a cohesive sentence together and by the time he's finished accentuating he's either forgotten what he wants to say or made little or now point whatsoever!

Of course there's always the obligatory idiot who's hindered by his accent to the extent he can't string a cohesive sentence together and by the time he's finished accentuating he's either forgotten what he wants to say or made little or now point whatsoever!

Speaking of which. :(

:nufc:

First own goal of the season :unsure:

Ouch! :nufc:

Steve Howey though!? I wouldn't even want to listen to him talk about a subject he's an expert on, never mind something he hasn't got a fucking clue about. It'll be "...terrible mess....fans don't deserve this....this club shouldn't be in the Championship....this needs sorting out sooner rather than later..." etc etc.

It's the frustrating sense of helplessness. No matter our disquiet there's fuck all we can realsitically do. We're still going to go en masse to the games, we're still going to buy the home shirts and programmes and we're still going to buy a pie or pint at the game.

If it was any other product, we'd have fucked off months ago.

:(

I think I might have fucked off actually. Haven't renewed, and won't be. Will probably go to the odd game, but honestly I've had enough of football in general and NUFC in particular. Waste of time and money, both of which I have better things to do with. If something had happened in terms of a sale a while back, I'd probably have renewed but the more it's dragged on, the more I've just thought nah fuck it, keep the 600 notes.

It's the frustrating sense of helplessness. No matter our disquiet there's fuck all we can realsitically do. We're still going to go en masse to the games, we're still going to buy the home shirts and programmes and we're still going to buy a pie or pint at the game.

If it was any other product, we'd have fucked off months ago.

:(

I think the crowds will obviously be down but on top of that people won't have bothered with ST tickets so much as they know they'll be able to get a ticket anyway. On top of that a bad start and the crowds could well get worse and worse. I think people are loyal to the club but see going as just putting money in Ashley's sky rocket. And who can blame anyone with that point of view?

I think I might have fucked off actually. Haven't renewed, and won't be. Will probably go to the odd game, but honestly I've had enough of football in general and NUFC in particular. Waste of time and money, both of which I have better things to do with. If something had happened in terms of a sale a while back, I'd probably have renewed but the more it's dragged on, the more I've just thought nah fuck it, keep the 600 notes.

Gem, I share your sentiments. I have never been more fed up of football as I am at this present time. Its been declining for me for the last few years I would say, probably since around 2007. This ongoing farce however, has really turned me right off. With the ridiculous goings on at our club, and the silly money summer going on elsewhere I just think football as a competition is finished. The governing bodies need to get a grip before it implodes.

I check on here everyday to see if there has been any movement in the sale but aside from that I dont really feel compelled to comment on team affairs any longer.

Doesnt Steve Howey run the security company thats employed by Newcastle? if so, then expect 2 hours of bullshit as he scrapes to save his contract. Oh and the NUSC have an invite to this shindig tonight so theres your non-cohesive, not a clue element

oh wait, no Im not going I'll be at the Strawberry. :(

Doesnt Steve Howey run the security company thats employed by Newcastle? if so, then expect 2 hours of bullshit as he scrapes to save his contract. Oh and the NUSC have an invite to this shindig tonight so theres your non-cohesive, not a clue element

I think I might pop along very soon, if ones shite you can always nip over the road to see the other, who'll take first billing? :nufc:

Gem, I share your sentiments. I have never been more fed up of football as I am at this present time. Its been declining for me for the last few years I would say, probably since around 2007. This ongoing farce however, has really turned me right off. With the ridiculous goings on at our club, and the silly money summer going on elsewhere I just think football as a competition is finished. The governing bodies need to get a grip before it implodes.

I check on here everyday to see if there has been any movement in the sale but aside from that I dont really feel compelled to comment on team affairs any longer.

Aye, I think I am regretting not cancelling my ticket when I had the chance. Paying the money for the season ticket, trains, hotels, money for scran and even just a few drinks I end up spending at least a couple of grand. I am fed up with it all and have been played like a mug by these crooks in charge of the club. I can't believe the season starts in a few days and in all honesty I dont really give a shit...they and the modern game and everything that is wrong with it is slowly killing any love for the game I had...

I think I might pop along very soon, if ones shite you can always nip over the road to see the other, who'll take first billing? :unsure:

I think you need tickets for Shearers, whereas we'll let any old riff raff in :nufc:

This'll be torture. It'll be like listening to someone read out lo one of the threads on here about what's going on at the club (no offence intended to anyone there btw). No one will have a fucking clue, there'll be stupid people galore, and you'll probably feel more depressed and slightly stupider for having listened to it.

You mean N-O shirley?

There's an ex doorman called Stevie How who runs a security company.