THE CCC is going to be a walk in the park................

accadacca

You really need to stop starting threads

We've played two games FFS and at current are pretty close to our full strength, certainly in attack and defence, we have a tiny squad from which players are still leaving and look like getting next to no one in to replace them

you are a clown

why, just because my pint is half full ? bet you are a real fun person to have at parties.

stop building the CCC as some really difficult league where cloggers reign supreme.

the fact is that most of the 24 teams have very little quality - anyone that shows promise is whisked away in to the premier.

just name me 6 teams that will finish above us and we'll see who the clown is.

Would you have said we'd be relegated 2 games into last season?

Never underestimate what Assley can achieve. :blink:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a weird division like. I thougt West Brow were ordinary last week and there for the taking and Reading were just garbage. Still early days like and if we lost Taylor tomorrow then we become more vunerable. I think we have a better starting 11 than many of the teams in the league, but if we start selling them (likely), don't bring any one in (very likely) and start to get injuries and suspensions (this is NUFC - very very likely) then we'll start to struggle. Personally, I havn't got a fucking clue how good this league is, so I'm just trying to enjoy the win.

sums up how i feel. we're pretty well placed to mount a promotion challenge as things stand but a lot can still change between now and when the transfer window shuts. nightmare scenario come sep 1st is ashley still in charge, half our first team squad sold and no decent replacements brought in.

That then results in us losing a fair few games and ending up lower mid table with further reduced attendances come January, Ashley shits himself at how little money is coming in and as a result sells the remaining squad replacing them with kids on YTS.

It's a weird division like. I thougt West Brow were ordinary last week and there for the taking and Reading were just garbage. Still early days like and if we lost Taylor tomorrow then we become more vunerable. I think we have a better starting 11 than many of the teams in the league, but if we start selling them (likely), don't bring any one in (very likely) and start to get injuries and suspensions (this is NUFC - very very likely) then we'll start to struggle. Personally, I havn't got a fucking clue how good this league is, so I'm just trying to enjoy the win.

sums up how i feel. we're pretty well placed to mount a promotion challenge as things stand but a lot can still change between now and when the transfer window shuts. nightmare scenario come sep 1st is ashley still in charge, half our first team squad sold and no decent replacements brought in.

That then results in us losing a fair few games and ending up lower mid table with further reduced attendances come January, Ashley shits himself at how little money is coming in and as a result sells the remaining squad replacing them with kids on YTS.

do you delight in being miserable or what ??

do you delight in being miserable or what ??

Im a realist, I can only be pleasantly surprised, you on the other hand have a season of disappointments ahead if you honestly think we even stand a chance of promotion this season under Ashley.

To get the 85-90 points needed to go up what you need is consistency above all else - grinding out wins week after week

look at Reading last season - in January they were certs for promotion but then couldn't score to save their lives.......................

you have to believe we can win 26 home games and draw all our away games and that, my friends, is a different side from the one that normally attends at SJP

We don't have the squad or the strikeforce for promotion.

we need a proper pacey finisher for this campaign and we don't have one, carroll and shola will not get goals every week just from punts being put upto them, especially when we pickup a few inevitable injuries.

walkover no chance, without serious squad bolstering and a couple of decent acquisitions were heading for midtable

That's not how we've played so far though.

maybe should have said "carroll and shola will not get goals every week"

i'd say shola used up a lot of his quota for the season yesterday lol

So what you were saying is the strikers won't score every week? :blink:

Owen's left man... Ant needs to direct his vitriol somewhere.... :razz:

To get the 85-90 points needed to go up what you need is consistency above all else - grinding out wins week after week

look at Reading last season - in January they were certs for promotion but then couldn't score to save their lives.......................

you have to believe we can win 26 home games and draw all our away games and that, my friends, is a different side from the one that normally attends at SJP

Wolves won the division and lost 13 games in the process, WBA did the same losing 11 games, Sunderland lost 12 last time they came up as Champions. That's winning the league as well so you can obviously lose even more and come up as runners-up / via the play-offs.

Edited by alex

Wolves won the division and lost 13 games in the process, WBA did the same losing 11 games, Sunderland lost 12 last time they came up as Champions. That's winning the league as well so you can obviously lose even more and come up as runners-up / via the play-offs.

Even when we 'walked the league' back in 92/93 we drew 9 and lost 8.

BTW - how the fuck can you win 26 home games?? There's only 24 teams in the league man!

Even when we 'walked the league' back in 92/93 we drew 9 and lost 8.

BTW - how the fuck can you win 26 home games?? There's only 24 teams in the league man!

I believe in Mike Ashley, he'll sort it out!

• 6 months later...
Whether or not Ashley sells before 31/8 or not, this season is going to be a piece of piss. I said this in earlier posts and got shot down - who's having the last laugh now eh ?

The CCC is very very poor with no one to match even the threadbare 16 man squad that is currently in operation.

The midfield is as solid as owt with Butt and Guthrie to cover Nolan/Barton/Smith/Spider.

The defence looks solid enough and the cover is there now with Simpson and even Geremi plus Kadar is ready to come in.

Upfront, Carroll looks the part, whilst CCC is Ameobi's level - he'll get 15-20 this season easy.

The club will be sold this week and changes will occur just in time so its onwards and upwards - nee bother.

:lol:

How old are you?? 16??

Thought it was time to have a little bumpy so the guilty pessimistics amongst you can see the error of your ways. :blush:

Well called Mr A

This league is anything but a piece of piss.

The fat lass hasn't begun to sing yet, but it looks like she's warming up.

Until someone who has made a prediction gives us catagorical proof of retiring to the Bahamas on the strength of a bet they placed on said prediction, I don't give any credit. A wild guess.

Fragile has not scored 15-20 goals (injury, or not).

The club was not sold.

On the whole though, not a bad wild guess :lol:

I didn't know the season was over? wait it isn't? exactly.

its done and dusted...............5 wins and couple of draws puts us on enough points.........easy fucking peasy

its done and dusted...............5 wins and couple of draws puts us on enough points.........easy fucking peasy

you need a fucking kick up the arse.

you need a fucking kick up the arse.

you need a kick in the fucking mouth.........wot u on about ....so u think we arnt going up.......fucking muppet

Whether or not Ashley sells before 31/8 or not, this season is going to be a piece of piss. I said this in earlier posts and got shot down - who's having the last laugh now eh ?

The CCC is very very poor with no one to match even the threadbare 16 man squad that is currently in operation.

The midfield is as solid as owt with Butt and Guthrie to cover Nolan/Barton/Smith/Spider.

The defence looks solid enough and the cover is there now with Simpson and even Geremi plus Kadar is ready to come in.

Upfront, Carroll looks the part, whilst CCC is Ameobi's level - he'll get 15-20 this season easy.

The club will be sold this week and changes will occur just in time so its onwards and upwards - nee bother.

How old are you?? 16??

Thought it was time to have a little bumpy so the guilty pessimistics amongst you can see the error of your ways. :blush:

Well called Mr A

Interestingly however, if you look at that post, hes only really right on us walking the league (so far).....

3 of those named dont get a game, while all but one arent good enough for next season. Guthrie is borderline and could be a squad player imho.

Amazingly, we score 6 and our "main striker" doesnt get a look in, Im not even sure he had a shot yesterday. Carroll is finished at this club once he goes down. As for Stroller, well history will tell his story.

Nuff said.

Just as the opposition are so poor they're letting us walk the league, so are they making our players look to be world beaters when in reality, none of them will have the top 6 banging down our door. We are going to be promoted but then the fun is over. :jonas:

I think it's a bit harsh having a dig at Carroll for not scoring yesterday when he has scored what? 6 in the last 6 before yesterday? Put in an excellent cross which gave him an assist and just generally had a decent enough game.

are you, accadacca and Xmas Tree the same person

How old are you?? 16??

Thought it was time to have a little bumpy so the guilty pessimistics amongst you can see the error of your ways. :jonas:

Well called Mr A

Interestingly however, if you look at that post, hes only really right on us walking the league (so far).....

3 of those named dont get a game, while all but one arent good enough for next season. Guthrie is borderline and could be a squad player imho.

Amazingly, we score 6 and our "main striker" doesnt get a look in, Im not even sure he had a shot yesterday. Carroll is finished at this club once he goes down. As for Stroller, well history will tell his story.

Nuff said.

Just as the opposition are so poor they're letting us walk the league, so are they making our players look to be world beaters when in reality, none of them will have the top 6 banging down our door. We are going to be promoted but then the fun is over. :jonas:

Fuck off sour grape man :blush:

No, we are just not stuck in the past! :lol:

No, we are just not stuck in the past! :lol:

unfortunately, some would say its back to the future. :blush:

£200 + a years supply of Coke,

in seriousness though its a piddling amount compared to the real prize of getting up there with the "big lads"

The real prize no doubt is the return to the Premier League Television rights 'cash-cow'.

I've no idea how much the actual prize for winning the league is, but I'd be interested to find out.

I'd also be keen to hear what sort of revenue Newcastle generated from television rights across this season (given the football league's vastly increased television deal came into play this year).

Lower positioned championship clubs should now be hoping that Newcastle, West Brom (and even Middlesbrough) are promoted this season as that will mean that the second year of parachute payments due to all three clubs would be divvied up amongst the remaining championship sized. If all three went back up it would mean an extra 36 odd million pounds to be spread across the 21 other sides. That payment would probably be bigger than the actual prize for winning the league :lol: (discounting the booty that lies waiting).