Sign in to follow this  
Optimistic Nut

Papa Bouba Diop

Swap deal for Faye?

53794[/snapback]

Could definitely see a player plus cash deal. The also have the same agent (Willie MacKay...also Robert's & Distin's agent), so he might be able to do something.

Talking of Faye, did Souness buy the wrong one? That one at Bolton looks a much much better player.

Skysports.com are saying we're lining up a bid for him in the transfer window.

What a signing he'd be...although where'd we fit him in alongside Parker & Emre? 3 in the middle with Luque & Solano/Dyer just off Owen?

53791[/snapback]

The rate our players go down with injuries it makes no odds. Didn't Fulham quote Arsenal 13 million for him not so long ago

What a signing he'd be...although where'd we fit him in alongside Parker & Emre? 3 in the middle with Luque & Solano/Dyer just off Owen?

53791[/snapback]

The rate our players go down with injuries it makes no odds. Didn't Fulham quote Arsenal 13 million for him not so long ago

53839[/snapback]

Something like that. Arsenal still want him though apparently.

Guest alex

53791[/snapback]

53839[/snapback]

The deal is £13million or £15million + Faye :D

Swap deal for Faye?

53794[/snapback]

Could definitely see a player plus cash deal. The also have the same agent (Willie MacKay...also Robert's & Distin's agent), so he might be able to do something.

Talking of Faye, did Souness buy the wrong one? That one at Bolton looks a much much better player.

53799[/snapback]

Also Babayaro, and Boumsong, and Faye's agent!

I'd be much happier if we signed a top striker to go straight into the team with Owen, and another good quality striker for backup.

That would be it for me. I don't want the club to over stretch and am wondering if FS already has iibafh.

Great player and if I remember correctly he was one of the players that with his ability and work rate made Diou and Diouf looked good for Senegal at the last world cup. But as others have stated where in our starting 11 would you play him.

Also just like Faye the club will be without him for the duration, up to a month, during Jan as they both head off to play in the African cup of nations.

The money could be spent better elsewhere.

I'd be surprised to see any big signings in the January transfer window.

54248[/snapback]

Me too. Especially now that fountain of all knowledge Alan Oliver has said as much. :naughty:

Here's the latest from Dr. Alan Oliver, MD on Shearer's operation:

"...while Souness says he wants his skipper back for the visit to Stamford Bridge a week on Saturday, I believe a more realistic return target for Shearer is the game at Everton on Sunday, November 27."