FM2010

Nyff

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a game with my mate atm but when I get bored of it I'd be up for it!

By the way, Defoe or Agbonlahor? Can't decide?!

I dobn't cae if Agbonlahor is rated in the game, I wouldn't sign him out of principle, with him presently being the most overrated player in Britain.

Finished 9th in my first season back in the Premier League, not too bad but I should have done better considering the money I spent. Minimum expectation was Europe as well... the board seem ok with me so far though.

Top 6 or bust next season I reckon!

Zoran Tozic and Marko Marin are natural left wingers. Hard to say how much they'll cos in your game, got Tozic from Man Utd for £4.5 million and Marin for £8-9 million at the end of the second season. I got Feghouli playing on the right but he was a freebie at the end of the second season and not really a winger but does a job as I was short in that department, plus he can be trained in the ML or AM L position which means he can play anywhere across the middle.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Aberdeen have just been taken over by oil rich investers....

They managed to splash some cash wisely untill they are in a postion to attract higher players..

So far. Amir Zaki, Garry O'conner, Eduardo Salvio, Mohammed abou trika, tom de mul, Jay DeMerit, Steven Taylor, javier Garrido and Vincent Enyeama....

;):D

I've made into the group stages of the europa league and beat Celtic on the first day of the season. ;)

They managed to splash some cash wisely untill they are in a postion to attract higher players..

So far. Amir Zaki, Garry O'conner, Eduardo Salvio, Mohammed abou trika, tom de mul, Jay DeMerit, Steven Taylor, javier Garrido and Vincent Enyeama....

I've made into the group stages of the europa league and beat Celtic on the first day of the season. ;)

I have just started a game with Aberdeen, going to try and keep the majority of the squad Scottish

Surprised myself by winning the league, Europa and Fa Cups at the end of my third season. Snooping round for bargain kids cos it's costing a fortune to get top players although forking out £20 million for Bueno and £8 million for Ochoa (Shearer started acting the twat in the press saying I'd paid over the odds).

October now in my third season. Got taken over in january in the championship by some italian and got 16m to spend, bought feronetti 1.8m, Vaughan 6m, and salvio for 3m. Boro got docked 10 points but still ended up 2nd. 12 points behind me. Forest got the third spot.

Next Season i got 70 mill, managed to sell off/ mutually terminate some of the old players and bought:

Ben foster 8m

Quaresma 6,75m

Beckham 1m

Oscar Cardozo 8.75m

Martin petrov 1.75m

Drenthe 1.8m

Yobo 10m

Srna 18m

Mauro Zarate 25m

They also upgraded my training and youth training.

End up 3rd, next season i get about the same amount of money and buy:

Criscito 15m

Jagielka 8m

Carrick 6m

Felipe Melo 20m

Gourcuff 24m

Vukcevic 10m

Sold Quaresma to real madrid for 21m, he is just a whiny cunt. Impossible to motivate and i cant believe i got that much ;)

Season objective is title challenge. Probably gonna end up 2nd because mancity are sick.

Edited by nortoon

I have just started a game with Aberdeen, going to try and keep the majority of the squad Scottish

Some very good Scottish kids in the squad like not sure how much they will improve but McRobbie is the next Joe Jordan.

There is also a kid in the reserves that is labeled the next Mick McCarthy.

Fraser Fyvie is promising in real life this season, so I've upped his PA abbiliity so can't advise if he is any good on the game. :D

Some very good Scottish kids in the squad like not sure how much they will improve but McRobbie is the next Joe Jordan.

Fraser Fyvie is promising in real life this season, so I've upped his PA abbiliity so can't advise if he is any good on the game. :D

I did try to keep it Scottish but so many good players on freebies etc :D

I did try to keep it Scottish but so many good players on freebies etc :D

You really need to get them a strong footing first before you start and build around scottish players.

Lee Miller is pretty decent for the league.

You can normally get 250k plus for mackie. (Pish in real life so never giving him a run out.)

Signed Krul and Charlie Adam in the January transfer window to cover African nations and give me a decent 2nd keeper.

Hopefully get my training and youth facilities upgraded at the end of the year and start getting some good Scottish re-gens coming through.

I'm on course to make 2nd and qualify for the champions league qualifying rounds as well.

Lost to Rangers in the League Cup Semi Final.

Blaming that on African Nations and DeMerit being out injured so leaving me scarce at the back.

Playing as Aberdeen. Dons and Newcastle go in for Matty Taylor after Boltons relagation. Yes I think after winning the race..

Well untill 3 news items later and wonder why I never got to confirm the deal.

Turns out newcastle won. :good:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing quite well in my 6th season. I'm battling it out with Chelsea for the title!

This is my lineup:

-----------Agbonlahor--Altidore

Jonas------------------------------Sessegnon

-----------De Jong-----Nasri----------

Enrique--Alex Silva--Taylor---Jesus Gamez

----------------Akinfeev------

Subs:

Skjelbred

Nainggolan

Jo

Victor Obinna

Johan Aberg (Regen)

Sergio Romero

Victor Kompany

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got this and finding is amazingly easy tbh! Only brought in Wilshere on loan, and although I'm not particularly concentrating on the league cup I have made it to the Q. Finals after beating City 3-1 and Arsenal 2-0 (both playing a full strength line up). Ameobi is on fire, and I'm 6th in the league, 2 points off the top place and with 3-4 games in hand over everyone above me.

8th season now after winning the league title back to back. Lost the Champions League final to last year to Barcelona :lol:. This is the lineup i'm fielding

---------Altidore---Coutinho

Aberg--------------------------Nani or Jonas

---------Skjelbred--Nasri---------------

Helan--Taylor--Pierre--Hoffmann

--------------Adler----------

Subs:

Paloschi

Obasi

Prodl

Nainggolan

Lansbury

De Jong

Obinna

Hoffmann, Pierre, and Aberg are all regens

I'm in 17-18 season atm. So far I've only won 1 FA Cup and 1 Charity Shield (both against Manchester City)! But every season I've improved in the league, last season I finished second!

Here's my record so far:

09-10: 2nd in Championship

10-11: 11th in Premiership (43 pts)

11-12: 10th in Premiership (55 pts)

12-13: 8th in Premiership (57 pts)

13-14: 6th in Premiership (65 pts)

14-15: 5th in Premiership (73 pts)

15-16: 4th in Premiership (68 pts)

16-17: 2nd in Premiership (72 pts)

Current season: 8th after 4 games!

My team:

Jo - Rivadero

Wakeford - Sneijder - Raul Garcia - Buchnev

Kremer - Santacroce - Musacchio - Corchia

Akinfeev

Subs: Begovic, Dos Santos, Nasri, Necid, S Taylor, Song, Enrique

Most of them are regens but they're very good. :lol:

It is! I've still got Guthrie and R Taylor, etc to keep up numbers. Not really many English regens about though that are cheap enough.

I've noticed like.

Had anyone decent through the ranks yet?

I started again with toon in the premiership to start with and gave us 10 million to spend.

bought Gianac and finished 9th. :lol:

32 million so spunk away second season.

Finally bought the game on Sunday and started as Aberdeen. Cannot do anything useful in the league, but somehow I'm amazing in Europe. It's January and I'm currently 11th in the SPL. Started shite, had a nice wee run to get up to 5th, and now playing utter pish again. It doesn't help that I'm losing late goals all the time. Lost last minute equalisers against St Johnstone and Hamilton and then a last minute winner for St Mirren in a game I completely dominated.

Ended up amazingly losing 7-6 at Celtic. :lol: Went 3-1 down after about 13 minutes so went completely and utterly gung ho. Got it back to 3-2 fairly quickly so kept with the nutty tactics. Ended up 7-3 down, but pulled it back to 7-6 in injury time but didn't have enough time to steal a draw.

Meanwhile in Europe I slaughtered some random team before beating Slavia Prague 4-1 in the 4th qualifying round. Drew Lazio, Benfica and Ekranas in Europe and pretty much gave up. Took an early lead away to Lazio in the first game before losing 3-2. Beat Ekranas 2-0 at home before winning 1-0 away against Benfica. Drew 0-0 with Lazio, beat Ekranas 4-0 away and then drew 1-1 at home against Benfica to finish 2nd and qualify. Can't even remember who I've got in the last 32.

Need to try and get my tactics sorted in the league because I can't beat anyone, and if I go ahead I can't hang on. But for some reason I'm amazing in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally started a new game last night that did not involve Newcastle or Aberdeen.

Started the game unemployed so that I would end up getting a completely random team. I was knocked back for many jobs over the first 4 or 5 months including the Newcastle job but strangely was given the Valencia job who were sitting 14th in La Liga.

Have managed to get them up to 6th with a few games of the season to go and I am currently in the semi finals of the Waffa Cup or whatever its called these days. I did sign Oscar Cardoza and Ruud Van Horseface (as a back up) but Zigic and Villa are goal machines.