FM2010

Nyff

How much of a ball ache is it to create a club lads?

Not too bad really, using the editor is quite easy to be honest.

You obviously need to create the club, stadium, and you're probably best off creating some decent board members. It's quite good creating the kit colours and design and stuff like that too I find, but that might just be me!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which editor are you using.

The official one that comes with the game. You'll find it in your Program Files - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2010 - Tools - Editor (I think!).

It's quite user friendly to be honest and you'll just need to remember to kick one team out the league that you're wanting to join.

Which editor are you using.

The official one that comes with the game. You'll find it in your Program Files - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2010 - Tools - Editor (I think!).

It's quite user friendly to be honest and you'll just need to remember to kick one team out the league that you're wanting to join.

mmm who to choose? :unsure:

What I did was just duplicated aberdeen and remove everyone and then changed things about.

Only downside Is that players that had Aberdeen as their fav now have my team.

Was looking forward to finding the first player to fall in love. :unsure:

The home grown/trained at club rule has become the biggest pain of my life, but I think I have just about managed to deal with it. The Liverpool team that I took over was a fairly decent team, if only because of the Midfield and because of Torres. So I already had a midfield of Afellay - Gerrard - Mascherano - Ribery to start on, although Gerrard is 31, and a few other players were reaching that sort of age. So I sent out my scouts to find some youngsters to pep it up a bit, as well as trying to sell off the vast amounts of dead wood. Made 35M by selling off the likes of Riera, Kuyt, Nemeth, Aurelio and a few others, then bought in a ton of regens that I hope will turn out well, and Vela, Azpilicueta, Ochoa and Bertrand (just for the bloody home grown rule >_>).

Started the season off brilliantly by beating Man Utd 3-1 in the Community Shield, and then beat Burnley 4-0 in the first game of the season. So far, so good! Still don't quite have the depth in numbers, and have a feeling that will work against me as we get further on into the season.

Fuck me I'm surprised you gerodies got computers that can run FM2010. Where you get them from lads? back of a lorry lol

Nah on a serious note go two clubs Liverpool and Man Utd. Rip of Man Utd and sell all their players. Then give the money to Liverpool and ritire from Man Utd.

Edited by kophead

Fuck me I'm surprised you gerodies got computers that can run FM2010. Where you get them from lads? back of a lorry lol

Seriously, do you even understand irony? :unsure:

Nah on a serious note go two clubs Liverpool and Man Utd. Rip of Man Utd and sell all their players. Then give the money to Liverpool and ritire from Man Utd.

Geordie sorry mate keyboard error not human

Seriously, do you even understand irony? :lol:

I don't think he does :unsure:

It's okay. Not every scouser gets a decent education.

so a scouser suggests "On a serious note", cheating at a fairly easy game? Where do they get the reputation for being thieving, cheating little twats?

David Goodwillie wins the first trophy in A.C Khay's History with a extra time goal. :unsure: (League Cup)

Celtic knocked we out of the Scottish cup.

Its still very tight at the top, but i'm now 6 points behind since my strikers have forgotten how to score in normal time. :lol:

just got a message Ive never had before on FM10

Mega rich newcastle chairman tom tanner has indicated that he is withdrawing his financial backing of the club with immediate effect.

then some other bollocks

Bad times!

Me and a lad at work are going to start a new season, creating two teams in the Championship (getting rid of Preston and Coventry)

Anybody want to give me a blow by blow route to doing this? Don't want to fuck up fixture lists/ parent-feeder clubs/ etc.

Bad times!

Me and a lad at work are going to start a new season, creating two teams in the Championship (getting rid of Preston and Coventry)

Anybody want to give me a blow by blow route to doing this? Don't want to fuck up fixture lists/ parent-feeder clubs/ etc.

Go into the editor and select the correct database that you want to edit.

Go to Clubs and select Add.

The fill in all the details (name, finances, etc.) You should probably create a person who will be your Chairman and maybe a Director as well, and what you give them in terms of resources, etc. will determine how much money they'll have to back you up with. Also I find it helps to make your new club their favourite club, so they'll likely not want to leave.

You'll also need to create a new stadium and selct this as your club's stadium.

In terms of entering them into a league you just need to choose the league they're in and make sure you take a team out so that the number of clubs in that league are what they should be. That's all you need to do to make sure the fixtures, etc are not messed up.

You can set a parent / feeder club in your club's details if you want. You'll also need to create your club's strip and colours, etc.

When choosing the club's Reputation (0-9999 I think) will determine the club's pulling power and so on. I think NUFC are around 6250 at the minute, so you need to figure out what size of club you want to create.

I've probably missed something out like, but that's pretty much the basics.

Am 6 games into the season with Liverpool (I take my time..!) and am in 2nd place. One point behind, of all teams, Wolves, and got a game in hand. Playing a 4-4-1-1 but my only real strikers are Torres, Vela (who I think plays better ML or AMC), Dalla Valle (who is only 20) and a regen called Pages (only 17..). Have had an offer accepted for Matt Derbyshire who looks like he should be a pretty sufficient backup, but I still think I'm going to need another AMC. Any suggestions? Might have to sell before I can buy..

I was surprised at how cheap I managed to get Vela, especially because of how much you had to pay for him on the last game. I got him for £7.5M, and he has 4 goals in 9 starts but has been playing AMC and ML as well as striker.

Now into the 2016/17 season with my newcastle team

playing 4231 asymetric

side finished second in the league and won the Europa League last season

GK: Adler

DR:Carlos Menendez (regen)

DL:Oronzo Granci (regen)

DC:Federico Fazio

DC:Felipe

DMC: Alan Wood (regen)

MC: Steven Defour

ML: Fabio Coentrao

AMR:Jesus Navas

AMC: Sergio Aguero

ST:Neymar

Subs

Joe Hart

Gareth Bale

Kyle Walker

Fernando Gago

Nemanja Matic

Ivan Rakitic

Borja (starts at atletico madrid)

Squad

Daniel Villalva

Steven Taylor

Scott Dann

Esteban Granero

Aitor Badiola - planned to be navas' replacement in a season or two

not sure how to replace felipe now hes getting a little older hes got 1 or 2 seasons left in him and I can either move menendez in to Cb and be after a new RB or go right for a new CB

Just lost my first ever game as Liverpool to Hull :/ 1-0 at Anfield. One of those games where you have umpteen shots on target but bugger all happens.

Just lost my first ever game as Liverpool to Hull :/ 1-0 at Anfield. One of those games where you have umpteen shots on target but bugger all happens.

annoying as hell, ive managed to get Notts forest and Hull as feeder clubs this season, Hull have a good chance of coming up to the PL meaning I'll have a Premier league feeder club :D

And then with almost the same starting 11 I thrash Olympiakos 6-0 away in the next game :/ Ah well, still got a game in hand that would take me top of the Premiership, and have the whole seasons ahead of me!

How are you finding picking out the good regens, Andrew?

annoying as hell, ive managed to get Notts forest and Hull as feeder clubs this season, Hull have a good chance of coming up to the PL meaning I'll have a Premier league feeder club :suicide:

Hull will get cancelled if they come up. :D