FM2010

Nyff

And then with almost the same starting 11 I thrash Olympiakos 6-0 away in the next game :/ Ah well, still got a game in hand that would take me top of the Premiership, and have the whole seasons ahead of me!

How are you finding picking out the good regens, Andrew?

tough to find them as kids tbh found wood and granci as youngsters but menendez cost me 30mil (worth it, hes unreal)

I have practically no reserves and my youth coming through are crap not had a decent player yet

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just lost my first ever game as Liverpool to Hull :/ 1-0 at Anfield. One of those games where you have umpteen shots on target but bugger all happens.

annoying as hell, ive managed to get Notts forest and Hull as feeder clubs this season, Hull have a good chance of coming up to the PL meaning I'll have a Premier league feeder club :suicide:

Hull will get cancelled if they come up. :D

awww

I have a few decent regens. I'm at around the same stage as Andrew.

I bought a keeper for £15m and he's now a wonderkid and went to the World Cup ahead of my first choice, Adler.

Picked up a Spanish centre back too, Juan for a couple of mill, and he's a wonderkid now as well. My scouts didn't say he'd be a leading player, but said he had the potential to be better than Simpara, so I signed him, sent him on loan to another PL club, and now he's in/around my 1st team.

Thought I would do a quick post on how my team is getting on. I have gradually been getting more and more bored with the FM series after a few games as they seem too easy and unrealistic. I now much prefer challenges or to build all nation teams etc. I have started a Newcastle game where the challenge is to sign no players at all and work with what I have and to improve the youth facilities and see what young talent I can bring through.

Season1.jpg

First season I sold Jonas as he wasnt the type of player needed for my formation and loaned out Harper to try and ease the wage bill a bit. As most do I pretty much walked the league at the first attempt.

Season2.jpg

I have just finished my second season which seen me let go of Pancrate and Lovenkrands and loan out Shola, Best, Routledge and Williamson and in what was a strange season that seen Everton win the league I managed to pull off 4th with the existing squad. (notice the relegated teams :D )

Youngplayerofyear.jpg

Ranger.jpg

Carroll.jpg

Vuckic.jpg

Most of my success has come through my attacking players in a strike force of Ranger and Carroll with Vuckic playing just behind them.

Inman.jpg

I have been giving a number of the younger players playing time with Kadar and Taylor being my main centre halfs but Tozer getting plenty of opportunities, Shane Ferguson being retrained to provide cover for Enrique at left back, in midfield Ryan Donaldson and Lua Lua have been included and my main surprise in the progression of Bradden Inman who has been a key player in my first season back in the premiership. Spear surprisingly has not progressed as well as he has done in previous games for me although I am still going to give him an opportunity in the hope that he provides another option up front.

squad-1.jpg

I think I am going to have to let some players go or loan them out again as I am struggling to keep everyone happy with and the likes of Nolan and Simpson have seen very little pitch time in this last season.

Player search and filter for favourite and put the club name in.

Anyone know how long before they become a legend?

its basically impossible, they have to spend years at the club and be consistently awesome for you

its worse to become one as manager

Thought I would do a quick post on how my team is getting on. I have gradually been getting more and more bored with the FM series after a few games as they seem too easy and unrealistic. I now much prefer challenges or to build all nation teams etc. I have started a Newcastle game where the challenge is to sign no players at all and work with what I have and to improve the youth facilities and see what young talent I can bring through.

Season1.jpg

First season I sold Jonas as he wasnt the type of player needed for my formation and loaned out Harper to try and ease the wage bill a bit. As most do I pretty much walked the league at the first attempt.

Season2.jpg

I have just finished my second season which seen me let go of Pancrate and Lovenkrands and loan out Shola, Best, Routledge and Williamson and in what was a strange season that seen Everton win the league I managed to pull off 4th with the existing squad. (notice the relegated teams :D )

Youngplayerofyear.jpg

Ranger.jpg

Carroll.jpg

Vuckic.jpg

Most of my success has come through my attacking players in a strike force of Ranger and Carroll with Vuckic playing just behind them.

Inman.jpg

I have been giving a number of the younger players playing time with Kadar and Taylor being my main centre halfs but Tozer getting plenty of opportunities, Shane Ferguson being retrained to provide cover for Enrique at left back, in midfield Ryan Donaldson and Lua Lua have been included and my main surprise in the progression of Bradden Inman who has been a key player in my first season back in the premiership. Spear surprisingly has not progressed as well as he has done in previous games for me although I am still going to give him an opportunity in the hope that he provides another option up front.

squad-1.jpg

I think I am going to have to let some players go or loan them out again as I am struggling to keep everyone happy with and the likes of Nolan and Simpson have seen very little pitch time in this last season.

Looks like a great game, and you've done unbelievably well. I don't think I would get anywhere near that much success with the restrictions you've placed on yourself there. The bank balance must be looking decent if you've not signed anyone for a few seasons?

EDIT - You really need a new skin and some updated facepacks mind! Looks far too dull!

Edited by Matty

Cheers lads re: the favourite clubs.

The best players interested are Liverpools Skjelbred and Ryan Donaldson...

Good work SM. Sounds very difficult. I assume you just keep asking the board to improve youth and training facilities with all that cash?

I don't use skins/facepacks either-do they slow the game down or take up much space?

no and no, not noticeably for me anyway

I tend to fiddle with kits and attribute colours too, default ones are really hard to read quickly

Cheers lads re: the favourite clubs.

The best players interested are Liverpools Skjelbred and Ryan Donaldson...

Good work SM. Sounds very difficult. I assume you just keep asking the board to improve youth and training facilities with all that cash?

I don't use skins/facepacks either-do they slow the game down or take up much space?

I don't find they slow the game down at all to be honest, and I've got so used to them now that when I see a game without them it just looks so bare.

I was never a fan of the new skin for this game so I'm using a darkened version of the FM2007 skin.

Looks like a great game, and you've done unbelievably well. I don't think I would get anywhere near that much success with the restrictions you've placed on yourself there. The bank balance must be looking decent if you've not signed anyone for a few seasons?

EDIT - You really need a new skin and some updated facepacks mind! Looks far too dull!

:D

Can't be arsed downloading anything to make it look flash, I think I can live without staring at some footballers ugly mug.

Bank balance isn't to bad, but have had no takeover yet so still got fat Mike in charge after a failed takeover by "Robin Williams" :suicide: Hollywood-tastic!

Aye that and constantly trying to upgrade my coaches to the best available.

Having a bit of an injury crisis. Got Collard (regen, CB), Agger, Lucas and Torress all sidelined, meaning my small squad is being stretched to the max! Also wasted my games in hand that could have taken me top, but am only one point behind Man U. About to go into December, and then January can't come soon enough!

Bad times!

Me and a lad at work are going to start a new season, creating two teams in the Championship (getting rid of Preston and Coventry)

Anybody want to give me a blow by blow route to doing this? Don't want to fuck up fixture lists/ parent-feeder clubs/ etc.

Go into the editor and select the correct database that you want to edit.

Go to Clubs and select Add.

The fill in all the details (name, finances, etc.) You should probably create a person who will be your Chairman and maybe a Director as well, and what you give them in terms of resources, etc. will determine how much money they'll have to back you up with. Also I find it helps to make your new club their favourite club, so they'll likely not want to leave.

You'll also need to create a new stadium and selct this as your club's stadium.

In terms of entering them into a league you just need to choose the league they're in and make sure you take a team out so that the number of clubs in that league are what they should be. That's all you need to do to make sure the fixtures, etc are not messed up.

You can set a parent / feeder club in your club's details if you want. You'll also need to create your club's strip and colours, etc.

When choosing the club's Reputation (0-9999 I think) will determine the club's pulling power and so on. I think NUFC are around 6250 at the minute, so you need to figure out what size of club you want to create.

I've probably missed something out like, but that's pretty much the basics.

Cheers fella, just launching a dry run now, before I go into work tomorrow night.

Rooney just retired from international football after he didn't make the Euro's squad. So he's had a 17 year international career. Not bad going.

Face packs are pretty good this time round. But the skins I've seen don't seem to make much difference, a poor crop this time round.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Was about to say I was finally free of my injury crisis, but in a League Cup game against the smoggies four of my players go and get injured. Absolutely ridiculous! Going to be a tough month ahead :/

Started a huge game about a month ago, loaded 57 leagues, including Israel, Slovenia, South Korea, Serbia, South Africa, Malaysia, etc. Going to try and win as many trophies in as many countries as possible before I get bored!

Started off with Rosenborg in Norway, started with Skjelbred and other solid players, and won the league the 1st time. Second season I got Haris Vuckic and Ryan Donaldson on loan and again won the league. I let that contract expire and went searching for new jobs.

I got offered the Birmingham job with a £25 million transfer kitty, but I had gone on holiday and forgot to check the box to end my holiday when offered a job :). Also while on that holiday the game accepted the offer from Shenhua in China, which I resigned from after 4 days, haha.

Accepted the offer from Dinamo Moscow with a £20 million transfer budget, and am currently a third of the way through the season and in the final for the Russian cup. Ill keep you guys updated!

Wow, how powerful must your computer be!? :)

Generally that is what I try, just on a smaller scale. Having won the World Cup with England on this game, and the FA Cup with Liverpool, I am hoping to clear up by taking the Premiership title, the League Cup and the Uefa Cup. Am three points behind Chelsea with two games in hand at the top of the league, and have got the League Cup final coming up. Have had major injury problems, but as long as Torres is fit then I'm ok! He's on 22 goals in 24 games at the moment, and after coming in in January, Derbyshire has 4 in 4. Depending on how much I get to spend at the end of the season, I might leave Liverpool for a team that I could take to Champions League glory - possibly in another country so I can start clearing up in Spain/Italy (the other two nations I have loaded).

The funny thing is, my computer isnt that powerful at all! Its a Macbook Pro with a 2.53 GHz processor and 4 GBs of memory. The loading when I press continue usually takes slightly longer than usual, but its still not too bad.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I'm the manager of the India national team as well :) Gonna try and see how far I can move them up in the rankings, my first goal is breaking 150, haha.

Is anyone else having trouble registering players?

I registered Marek Cech and Carlos Vela for the opening game against Liverpool, and after the game they were unregistered again. Same thing has happened for the next game vs Fulham.

Bug? :)