Would you move for love?

magelaide

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

move for love....aye,but only as far as the sitting room(dont want to run the risk f waking the kids!!)

54387[/snapback]

No need to move at all if you love yourself. :naughty:

54480[/snapback]

My God you've let these bastids affect your standards.

move for love....aye,but only as far as the sitting room(dont want to run the risk f waking the kids!!)

54387[/snapback]

No need to move at all if you love yourself. :huh:

54480[/snapback]

My God you've let these bastids affect your standards.

54483[/snapback]

It's true. I've become a pervert. :naughty:

You're considering leaving Perth to move to Sydney?

Let's analyse this a little closer here. You're leaving the second best state capital in Australia to move to the worst. From a city full of cool people to a city full of cunts.

In your case, I wouldn't move for love. I'd consider Adelaide, I'd go to Melbourne just because it's fucking fantastic, but never Sydney.

But Stephen, it has a 24hour pancake parlour (for those of us much too lazy to make our own)... AND... SELF. SERVE. SAUCE. AND. (if you go to Manly) SPRINKLES.

This place is not all bad :naughty:

[EDIT - Melbourne is a gazillion times better though.]

Edited by Lou

I'm in the process of organising a university transfer to Sydney to move closer to the Boy that I once loved and then lost.

Call me stupid, I know, but I love him so much that I'm willing to take a chance on us working.

Have you moved for love? Would you move for love?

No love humbugs ruining my thread either! :naughty:

54226[/snapback]

would like to reply but can't. I would say, yes, if the feeling is mutual and you are absolutely sure it is mutual. It is such a change for you, to revolve and change your whole life for someone who may not feel like you do.

So, when it comes down to it, you have to follow your heart, or you will regret it if you don't. But only you can know for sure.

But Stephen, it has a 24hour pancake parlour (for those of us much too lazy to make our own)

There is a 24 hour Pancake Parlour in Melbourne too. It's in Doncaster, not far from the big Westfield. But that's probably too suburban, you probably didn't get out that far. Doncaster's kind of a posh area, and the public transport out in the east sucks, but it's not far from where I lived. Many 2am pancake nights were had there.

Yes, it was much too far out for little old me. The only time we were anywhere near it in the middle of the night, we were still WAY too far out.

The one in Syd is city centre and happy walking distance from "home" (god bless city central backpackers and its rooms of random semi-naked hot dutch men and TV Guy who liked watching all the same shows as us and thought it very amusing that we knew every other person on the comedy channel).

The people at supermarkets in Sydney don't talk to you though. The girl I had serving me didn't even tell me the price. She just sat there, scanned stuff in, and then sat there waiting for me to give her the money. Then she gave me my change and sat there waiting for me to leave.

Whereas in Melbourne I had a guy serve me who decided to say "SCAN!!" everytime he scanned stuff in... and then told me the price without the decimal point, so that it was like "$1567" or something.

To be honest... I'm not entirely sure he worked there.... he might just've been a random who decided to join in the supermarket fun.

Much like the 15yr old boy who stole a tram and then KEPT PICKING UP/DROPPING OFF PASSENGERS until he was caught. Fan bloody tastic.

Things like that just don't happen in Sydney*

*and if they do, I don't want to hear about them.

Guest Toplass-101

If you have nothing to loose then go, if you dont, you will always wonder... what if ?

But if I was you I'd not buy a one way ticket... this could mean anything from renting your home out while your away, to making sure you don't lose touch with your mates back home, or just remaining independent.

I'd not go for him either, go for yourself, with an open mind and just enjoy it.

Things may work out exactly as your hoping now, but if they don't then its not the end of the world, just come home and you will be no worse off then you are now.

You never know, you may go and meet the lad of your dreams, and find out he isn't the lad your dreaming of now, who is actually a sodding nightmare!

Good luck anyways, and I hope things work out and you don't use the return ticket.

(ffs just read that lot back to myself, oi Marjory eat you heart out!)

Edited by Toplass-101

If you have nothing to loose then go, if you dont, you will always wonder... what if ?

But if I was you I'd not buy a one way ticket...  this could mean anything from renting your home out while your away, to making sure you don't lose touch with your mates back home, or just remaining independent.

I'd not go for him either, go for yourself, with an open mind and just enjoy it.

Things may work out exactly as your hoping now, but if they don't then its not the end of the world, just come home and you will be no worse off then you are now.

You never know, you may go and meet the lad of your dreams, and find out he isn't the lad your dreaming of now, who is actually a sodding nightmare!

Good luck anyways, and I hope things work out and you don't use the return ticket.

(ffs just read that lot back to myself, oi Marjory eat you heart out!)

54644[/snapback]

*clears a space in me wardrobe ready :naughty:

I have a decision making dice. Or "die" if you want to be proper.

It gives the answers yes, no, or maybe.

I asked it if you should move. It said "no". It does have a tendency towards negativity sometimes.

However, I find that if it says 'no' and I start arguing with it, then I know that I'm just going to go ahead and do it anyways regardless.

So, when I told you the die said no.... how did you feel?

Oh I'm so marvellously unhelpful sometimes.

Edited by Lou

I think I have confused everyone. We had been together for a long, long time before he got a job interstate, so we kinda called and end to things. We have kept in touch every single day and have both realised we want to give it a go.

I'd hate to die with a 'what if'.

However, uni is making it almost impossible to get a transfer at the minute. :naughty:

Is this the same bloke who you were going on about a while back? Haven't bothered looking for the thread but he came off as a bit of a user where you're concerned. Either way- to each their own. I have to second Catmag's opinion, especially in light of recent events here. If he returns the feelings sincerely then by all means do it- you only live once. But if it's just on an odd chance then no. No man/boy is worth it.

54347[/snapback]

Agree NO MAN is worth it! Even if they do profess to love you half of the wankers dont know what the word means!!!

Agree NO MAN is worth it! Even if they do profess to love you half of the wankers dont know what the word means!!!

55466[/snapback]

Love... that's when she lets you do her bumways... right?

Is this the same bloke who you were going on about a while back? Haven't bothered looking for the thread but he came off as a bit of a user where you're concerned. Either way- to each their own. I have to second Catmag's opinion, especially in light of recent events here. If he returns the feelings sincerely then by all means do it- you only live once. But if it's just on an odd chance then no. No man/boy is worth it.

54347[/snapback]

55466[/snapback]

generalisation ....

54347[/snapback]

55466[/snapback]

generalisation ....

55542[/snapback]

No, the truth ( in my experience as i couldnt speak for everyone. However i was only expressing my personal opinion)

54347[/snapback]

55466[/snapback]

Aye, women are paragons of virtue in comparison.

Or sanctimonious, self-obsessed, materialistic, vain, mawkish, shreiking harridans.

One of the two.

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll

54347[/snapback]

55466[/snapback]

generalisation ....

55542[/snapback]

No, the truth ( in my experience as i couldnt speak for everyone. However i was only expressing my personal opinion)

55651[/snapback]

You were generalising based on the experience of one person (yourself). How can you tell me I don't love my wife and that "I'm not worth it"?

You sound bitter tbh.

You were generalising based on the experience of one person (yourself). How can you tell me I don't love my wife and that "I'm not worth it"?

You sound bitter tbh.

55655[/snapback]

Well I don't love your wife so I guess I'm not worth it.