The Stroke Boy Thread

Billy Castell

I know it is early, and we've about a week to go before the deadline day, but I thought I'd put a thread up since the transfer merry-go-round seems to be warming up. This is for all those last minute panic buys etc. you get arond this time when Man City buy another 14 players without bothering with medicals, and Blackburn sign another Steadinho or Bothroyd on loan.

In case you were wondering, the title is named in honour of Sky Sports' Andy Burton (see below), a man whose health is always questioned around this time of yearfor reasons that are now self-explanitory.

3626387735_d8b9a2fbf2_m.jpg

OK, before this thread dies out, lets post a few transfer stories:

Blackburn closing in on former Mackem full back

Citeh looking after another striker

Warnock to Villa?

Looks like Blackburn are starting before Stroke boy has even sat down.

Edited by Billy Castell

'Appy 'Arry has said that there will no more comings or goings at White Hart Lane...

so expect an entirely new starting 11 come saturday, all tapped up and all to be followed by absolutely no ivestigations.

He turned Robson down and went to Arsenal which is how we ended with Bellamy. It might also help explain why Wenger is reluctant to splash out much.

like michael owen without pace... so that'd mean he had good movement and could occasionally shoot. wow.

Jeffers was the so-called "fox in the box". Sounds like he's shortly to be the berk with no work.

iirc he screwed Everton over royally, the club who nurtured his talent and helped him recuperate from a lengthy injury. He joined Arsenal on mega wages but was usually injured and did nowt. Since then he's been a journey man player as far as I can tell. No one seems to like him.....

like michael owen without pace... so that'd mean he had good movement and could occasionally shoot. wow.

Jeffers was the so-called "fox in the box". Sounds like he's shortly to be the berk with no work.

iirc he screwed Everton over royally, the club who nurtured his talent and helped him recuperate from a lengthy injury. He joined Arsenal on mega wages but was usually injured and did nowt. Since then he's been a journey man player as far as I can tell. No one seems to like him.....

Brian Laws clearly does.

We've been linked to Boro's Andy Taylor now, whilst The Daily Mail says that Fulham have signed Marko Janko from Red Bull Salzburg on loan.

Remember a programme he was on about young up and coming footballers where, incidentally he did an "Everton 'til I die" speech. Anyway, there was one bit in this posh bistro-type place down the Albert Dock and he honestly looked like he'd never held a knife and fork before.

Huth and Tuncay to stoke for 10mil combined, apparently.

Huth's definitely had a medical, anyway.

That's good for our promotion chances, now if only Everton/Aston Villa would turn their attentions to Wheater and Real Madrid would finally do that deal for Adam Johnson :cry:

Huth and Tuncay to stoke for 10mil combined, apparently.

Huth's definitely had a medical, anyway.

That's good for our promotion chances, now if only Everton/Aston Villa would turn their attentions to Wheater and Real Madrid would finally do that deal for Adam Johnson :cry:

Another team around us also being weakened.

11 million spend could also mean Shawcross is on his way, hopefully meaning one less team sniffing around Taylor.