The official Transfer Deadline Day thread

Park Life

I’m shocked that we’ve not signed any players on loan.

I think we still can.

Can't believe we signed Peter on a 3 yr deal......no imagination.

Exactly, a player of his age, position and injury record should never have been offered such a long deal. Maybe he wouldn't sign for a shorter duration but I really hope he's not on much at the very least. I simply cannot imagine him still being of much use to us in 2 years time, especially if we're back in the EPL.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we have but no cunt knows. I remember when we signed Nobby back after the 12 midnight deadline, waiting for conf all night till 3am, and it never came till the morning.

I presumed that as the Lovenkrands deal was announced at 5pm by the club that that was their contact to the media about the deals done. I was shocked that the club actually knew how to communicate with the media.

I’m shocked that we’ve not signed any players on loan.

I think we still can.

Can't believe we signed Peter on a 3 yr deal......no imagination.

Exactly, a player of his age, position and injury record should never have been offered such a long deal. Maybe he wouldn't sign for a shorter duration but I really hope he's not on much at the very least. I simply cannot imagine him still being of much use to us in 2 years time, especially if we're back in the EPL.

Smacks of desperation.

I'm not going to complain about the one contract Ashley has signed....having complained bitterly that he MUST sign someone.

I don't know where you lot get the front ;)

I know I should be thankful for small mercies, but I'm finding it quite difficult to get excited about re-signing Peter Lovenkrands....

Trying to be positive, at least no one else was sold.

;)

Sad that that's what that fat bastard has reduced us too. Our only positive is the fact he hasn't (not for the want of trying I'm sure) sold any more players.

Indecently just watching Sky bigging up this transfer window. Turd polishing springs to mind.

Can someone just clarify for me, we've signed Lovelykrands back and thats it?

;):

But we can still do loan deals.

Only emergency ones supposedly.

Free agents is our only real hope.

;)

Sad that that's what that fat bastard has reduced us too. Our only positive is the fact he hasn't (not for the want of trying I'm sure) sold any more players.

Indecently just watching Sky bigging up this transfer window. Turd polishing springs to mind.

For Newcastle or across the board? Don't see how it's turd polishing when the world record has been broken, Kaka's gone for over £50m and there's been fifteen £15m+ transfers.

We were never going to do anything other than loans and freebies were we. I said last night that today was all about holding on to what we had. It's probably more difficult to sort out loans today too when the other clubs are actually trying to spend or bring money in. Hopefully we'll get a few in by the time we play Cardiff.

Lovenkrands is a good deal for us btw. I can see him getting 15 goals this season in this division.

Can someone just clarify for me, we've signed Lovelykrands back and thats it?

;):

But we can still do loan deals.

Eh, I thought you couldn’t, only emergency loans outside the transfer windows, i.e. ’keepers.

The definition of emergancy loans is so vague that you can basically sign anyone you want anyway.

We were never going to do anything other than loans and freebies were we. I said last night that today was all about holding on to what we had.

I'm amazed he hasn't sold anyone else - it actually gives me a ridiculously optimistic view that something might be happening with the sale.

Harper

Simpson Saylor Collo Enrique

Raylor Guthrie Barton/Nolan Lovenkrands

Ranger Carroll

Capable enough to beat Cardiff imo.

Lovenkrands is absolute gash on the wing, hes a lot better playing up front or sitting just behind the strikers.

Aye im aware, his best position is Second Striker he looked much better there last season, but its just an excuse for me to start him with Carroll and Ranger ;) Alternatively we can 4-3-3

Harper

Barton Guthrie Nolan

Ranger Lovenkrands Carroll

But that wont happen

Harper

Raylor Guthrie Barton/Nolan Lovenkrands

Ranger Carroll

Capable enough to beat Cardiff imo.

Lovenkrands is absolute gash on the wing, hes a lot better playing up front or sitting just behind the strikers.

Gash against top class premiership defenders. Remember how bad Shola looks in the premier league and then think about his five goals in five games this season!

;)

For Newcastle or across the board? Don't see how it's turd polishing when the world record has been broken, Kaka's gone for over £50m and there's been fifteen £15m+ transfers.

Across the board. I guess I really meant today's deadline show tosh.