Newcastle season so far! -all the goals

harrynufc

really showed to me how much he wanted it, made me think that turning down those moves to Stoke and Ipswich were more about his love for the club and less about the wage cut.

First time in a long time I've felt that a few of the 1st teamers truly care about the club and not just the next pay-packet.

Harper, Taylor, Carrol and Shola, then a second tier of Smith, Nolan, Jose who care because it's just how they're built, and then finally R.Taylor, Barton, Colo, Jonas, Simpson, Lovenkrands who'll feign affection to win the crowd.

Although saying that, there seemed to be a team-effort to go and congratulate Colocinni, so perhaps he's better liked than we'd thought.

Nicely done sir.

I tell you what, it's lovely seeing our boys scoring from long range ala Taylor and Guthrie, the team actually look like they're enjoying playing again at last!

Fucking shit music.

(Decent vid)

Watching with no volume FTW.

Favourite goal is Shola's second from his hat-trick. The effort from Nolan to chase down the seemingly lost ball, then a few passes and a lovely cross before a great header.

Guthries is a great crack as well.

Fucking shit music.

(Decent vid)

Watching with no volume FTW.

Favourite goal is Shola's second from his hat-trick. The effort from Nolan to chase down the seemingly lost ball, then a few passes and a lovely cross before a great header.

Thing that struck me most about Shola's second against Reading was the inevitability of it. There was a spell of a couple of minutes where Reading didn't have a meaningful touch on the ball. Sure they headed away, but it was won and pushed forward once more. Nolan's sprint to keep it in play exemplified the energy and commitment of the entire team that game.

and Shola's barely surpressed grin when he had the chance to make it a hat-trick was great too.

Also? I think we're seeing his own personalised celebration, one arm out, the right hand on the badge.

Shola-Ameobi-kevin-Doocey.JPG

Thing that struck me most about Shola's second against Reading was the inevitability of it. There was a spell of a couple of minutes where Reading didn't have a meaningful touch on the ball. Sure they headed away, but it was won and pushed forward once more. Nolan's sprint to keep it in play exemplified the energy and commitment of the entire team that game.

and Shola's barely surpressed grin when he had the chance to make it a hat-trick was great too.

Also? I think we're seeing his own personalised celebration, one arm out, the right hand on the badge.

Shola-Ameobi-kevin-Doocey.JPG

Nolan chasing what the Reading players thought was a dead ball really sums up what I love about the squad at the moment: going against expectations and putting the hard yards in.

FUCKING LOVE IT!

Cheers for the vid.

Also, Fish, where did you get that photo of Shola from? I'd love to have that as a wallpaper.

• 1 year later...

Its only 5 minutes long but a good chance to relive the season so far. Dont forget to rate and comment.

This was my first post on this site, and it really cheered me up after the loss of Carroll. Lots of quality goals by Shola and it was a time the majority of us had lost faith. Come on son, its your time to shine!

Unfortunately Shola'a not going to suddenly cut it after 10+ years in the Newcastle first team.

Certainly capable of moments of brilliance and some quality goals, but inconsistent as and unfortunately the bad games outweigh the good.

BTW - Where's your video of goals from this season? :lol: