Only in America

Christmas Tree

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always have to laugh at the idea of people who supposedly like animals going to somewhere like fucking Sea World. Morons tbh.

:D :D :D:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :icon_lol::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Do you think Shamu or whatver its called enjoys swimming round a big pool all his life like? :D Nerve touched tbh.

Always have to laugh at the idea of people who supposedly like animals going to somewhere like fucking Sea World. Morons tbh.

:D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :icon_lol::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Do you think Shamu or whatver its called enjoys swimming round a big pool all his life like? :D Nerve touched tbh.

:D

I could go down the.... You fucking hypocrite, so it's ok to bet on horses being whipped round a race track bla bla bla argument, but todayi am at work on the iPhone and will not be able to battle properley due to one finger typing.

I have also got to go to my little animal prison and feed the chickens and rabbits before returning home to walk the dog, let the cats out and feed the fish.

I am also in a great mood because it's pub night and in 7 hours Kronnenburg will be wetting my lips.

I am much more in the mood for a happy face / fop battle of wills or a fish / stevie play yard scrap.

I am now going to sit on my hands and try not to chomp.

Edited by Christmas Tree

:D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :icon_lol::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

:D

I could go down the.... You fucking hypocrite, so it's ok to bet on horses being whipped round a race track bla bla bla argument, but todayi am at work on the iPhone and will not be able to battle properley due to one finger typing.

I have also got to go to my little animal prison and feed the chickens and hens before returning home to walk the dog, let the cats out and feed the fish.

I am also in a great mood because it's pub night and in 7 hours Kronnenburg will be wetting my lips.

I am much more in the mood for a happy face / fop battle of wills or a fish / stevie play yard scrap.

I am now going to sit on my hands and try not to chomp.

You couldn't because I don't bet on the horses. Unlucky.

Even if he has, I doubt he's ever said he's bet on the horses because he loves animals.... More about making money!

Two totally fucking different situations man, can't believe you're trying to compare them.

Chomp

think when at home I could dig up a thread or two where you've said different.

I've very occasional had a bet on them in the past but I very rarely gamble anyway and it's almost always on the football. But tbh, it's two different things. Dolphins are extremely intelligent animals who would normally roam 1000s of miles of Ocean etc. and they're being kept in what amounts to a tiny swimming pool purely for the entertainment of people. I think thoroughbred race horses have a pretty good life in comparison, don't you?

I think it's all well and good criticising people for appreciating Animals in Zoos and what not but not many people can really afford the alternatives.

Ask people what they would rather see - a Lion feeding in Edinburgh zoo or the same thing in the Kenyan wild and I'm sure people would give you the same Answer.

It's all about money (or lack of) and convenience.

I think it's all well and good criticising people for appreciating Animals in Zoos and what not but not many people can really afford the alternatives.

Ask people what they would rather see - a Lion feeding in Edinburgh zoo or the same thing in the Kenyan wild and I'm sure people would give you the same Answer.

It's all about money (or lack of) and convenience.

I can see your point Tom, with Florida being on the doorstep.

I'm not criticising zoos per se. I'm criticising places like Sea World.

I suppose it's again for convenience, there's probably quite a lot going on in Florida besides Sea world whereas to find a natural alternative there would probably be fuck all else going on.

Again it's again the matter of money - a package holiday is thrown together to be as cheap as possible, I don't even know what you would do for the same experience elsewhere.

Sea World and shite like that are just a cheapened version I suppose but that's America.

Sea World is not a Zoo like.....

A zoo is all about trying to re-create an animals natural environment as much as possible whilst giving people the change to witness it for real. Sea World is all about getting the animals to put on a 'show' in a very confined space.

I suppose it's again for convenience, there's probably quite a lot going on in Florida besides Sea world whereas to find a natural alternative there would probably be fuck all else going on.

Again it's again the matter of money - a package holiday is thrown together to be as cheap as possible, I don't even know what you would do for the same experience elsewhere.

Sea World and shite like that are just a cheapened version I suppose but that's America.

I know it's convenient. I just don't think that's a justification though, do you? It's a shame people didn't think beyond entertainment when it comes to things like this. Because that's all it is.

I'm not justifying it just pointing out why a lot of people wouldn't think twice about it.

Well, you seemed to be initially at least.

I went to the National American aquarium thingy at Baltimore once. They had an elephant seal there with a massive boner on. It was funny watching embarassed parents try and explain that one to their kids.

They had a 'Hooters' at Baltimore too, never been to a more cringeworthy place. Apart from the fact it's the usual fast food American fare, you've also got to contend with these young girls pretending to flirt with you, I'm not sure who it is more demeaning for. Oh, and the restaurant chain gets its name from a pun based on owls - 'nuff said.

Went to Orlando two years ago, not my cup of tea, people were alright, but the fact you need to drive everywhere did my head in and the fucking queues at Disney and Universal were unreal, standing around for rides so your kids don't get too upset, and being boiled alive in the unsheltered line. At Universal I had enough and used the girls bad behaviour as an excuse not to queue up for an hour a ride. You've got to be careful crossing the road on International Drive as well, if you're at a crossroad and the green man comes on, don't expect someone turning from the other junction to be stopping! We stayed at Quality Inn on the advice of the in-laws who go all the time and came with us on holiday this one time. Shit hotel, not enough room for a fortnight for a family of four but that I suppose was the fault of the Mother in law, not Orlando!

Met an American Mag I knew who lives in Orlando and had a 'night off' from the familia. We met in Hooters before going to a few bars, the Hooters girls were nice to look at but seemed a bit bored by it all which you couldn't blame them, to be honest, also got tapped up by a travelling pepper saleswoman who said I was 'going home with me' the way you hear them on the Jerry Springer type shows! (She was a poor mans sigourney Weaver and just got even more pissed when I told her my wife and bairns wouldn't really like that, still, she did get me a pint and some chicken wings to snack on, so it wasn't all bad!). I tried to fob her off on the Yank Mag I was with but I must have been a novelty for her, plus she couldn't understand a word I said.

Anyone ever contemplating going there I would advise to try and scrape together a little bit more dosh and go the villa rather than hotel route. You can get villas really cheap off the net and having your own pool and a home from home, really makes the holiday.

I'm not justifying it just pointing out why a lot of people wouldn't think twice about it.

Well, you seemed to be initially at least.

Pointing out why people go there.