Only in America

Christmas Tree

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerusalem Street Market: Browse the Middle Eastern marketplace, see the city well, and interact with Jerusalem’s own street merchants.

The Old Scroll Shop: Experience first century shopping.

Smile of a Child Adventure Theatre: Movies and toys for young travelers.

Coffee Shop: A gourmet coffee shop with milk shakes and sweet treats -- some directly from Israel!

Smile of a Child Adventure Land: Tackle a kid-friendly, rockclimbing wall, enjoy a laugh at the interactive presentations and visit Jonah in the belly of the whale.

Wilderness Tabernacle: Behold the High Priest as he takes you on a journey through Israel’s ancient priesthood, culminating with the glory of God revealed above the Ark of the Covenant. 30-minute presentations.

Church of All Nations Prayer Garden: inspired by the actual church built in Jerusalem on the Mt. of Olives in 1924 by the Roman Catholic Church.

Dead Sea Qumran Caves: Replica of the desert caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered and future home to our state-of-the-art JCTV youth center

The Judean Village: Outdoor vignette stage for dramas and musicals.

Calvary’s Garden Tomb: Visit the replica of the garden tomb where Jesus’ body was laid to rest before His glorious resurrection. Spend time reflecting, praying and enjoying our live presentations.

Oasis Palms Café: Feast on delicious meals in an authentic atmosphere.

Centurion Treats: The Centurion’s favorite seasonal treats, snacks and bottled drinks.

Temple Plaza: Soaring six stories high, the gleaming white and gold temple, which was the center of Jerusalem’s religious life, serves as a backdrop for the Temple Plaza. Hosts live musicals, presentations, and events.

Contracting leprosy and getting stoned to death are optional.

:D Central Florida is fucking shit mind. The Brits seem to love it though. Mind, I'd be tempted to go to that place.

Got to take you to task there.....

Orlando is brilliant. Theme parks, water parks, Guns, roaming aligators, Sea world, quality food and lots of lovely old white haired folk.

:D Central Florida is fucking shit mind. The Brits seem to love it though. Mind, I'd be tempted to go to that place.

Orlando is brilliant. Theme parks, water parks, Guns, roaming aligators, Sea world, quality food and lots of lovely old white haired folk.

Orlando is absolutely shit in my opinion. If I won a free trip there I'd think twice about going.

You guys know the Trinity Broadcasting Network mentioned in the scrollwork on the graphic have their own cable channel here, right? It's terrible. I even tried watching it stoned and it still isn't fun.

Orlando isn't bad, but I'd much rather hang out at Jax Beach or St. Augustine's.

Now my biblical knowledge is limited, but didn't Jesus get a bit miffed when money lenders and stall holders opened up in a temple? What would he have made of a theme park based on the bible? Especially one that sells over priced coffee etc.

Now my biblical knowledge is limited, but didn't Jesus get a bit miffed when money lenders and stall holders opened up in a temple? What would he have made of a theme park based on the bible? Especially one that sells over priced coffee etc.

Have you never seen the Tele-Evangelists over there? There's the number for your credit card donations constantly scrolling along the bottom of the screen. 1-800-PRAISE THE LORD :D

Still have to pinch myself when I think that the world's only superpower is utterly obsessed with worshipping a Middle-Eastern tribal God of old. Could have at least got themselves their own one.

What about that Creationist Museum as well? :D

Still have to pinch myself when I think that the world's only superpower is utterly obsessed with worshipping a Middle-Eastern tribal God of old. Could have at least nicked one off the Native Americans.

What about that Creationist Museum as well? :D

FYP.

Still have to pinch myself when I think that the world's only superpower is utterly obsessed with worshipping a Middle-Eastern tribal God of old. Could have at least got themselves their own one.

Even the one they made up that did well (Mormonism) is Jesus based.

I've read some stuff that suggests the religiosity goes back to the pilgrims being persecuted fundamentalists but that can't explain it all as lots of immigrants came for other reasons (though Irish, Italian, Polish and Mexican immigration doesn't help from a Catholic pov)

I've also read that the existence of the secular constitutional clauses which as outsiders we all admire have actually made it easier for insanity to propogate unlike Europe where notional state religions are both more universal but at the same time relaxed.

I've read some stuff that suggests the religiosity goes back to the pilgrims being persecuted fundamentalists but that can't explain it all as lots of immigrants came for other reasons (though Irish, Italian, Polish and Mexican immigration doesn't help from a Catholic pov)

I've also read that the existence of the secular constitutional clauses which as outsiders we all admire have actually made it easier for insanity to propogate unlike Europe where notional state religions are both more universal but at the same time relaxed.

All the religious stuff was taken over there by the Germans and Dutch initially....

All the religious stuff was taken over there by the Germans and Dutch initially....

The Pilgrim fathers were there before them weren't they? Weren't they persecuted English puritans predominantly from the South-West. To blame for the kerayzee gun laws as well I think.

The Pilgrim fathers were there before them weren't they? Weren't they persecuted English puritans predominantly from the South-West. To blame for the kerayzee gun laws as well I think.

No that was Van Halen iirc

Orlando is absolutely shit in my opinion. If I won a free trip there I'd think twice about going.

Swapped it for Cuba didnt we? (Florida not Orlando)

I did see a lass start on a bloke in an Irish bar in downtown Orlando a few months back. About the most interesting thing outside work i saw there in nearly 2 weeks.

Edited by ChezGiven

Swapped it for Cuba didnt we? (Florida not Orlando)

I did see a lass start on a bloke in an Irish bar in downtown Orlando a few months back. About the most interesting thing outside work i saw there in nearly 2 weeks.

Fucking hell man, the holiday capital of the world and you cant find nowt to do. Get a grip.....or life! :D

space_shuttle_launch.jpg

sea-world.jpg

disneyland%20paris_1195132957.jpg

golfpic1.jpg

hooters-girl2.jpg

etc etc et fucking cetera :D :D :rolleyes:

Not sure the space shuttle takes off every day; the next two are for kids; golf, fair enough if you're into that (doubt many on here are); and Hooters - wtf?! :D

Probably depends if you're a Las Vegas person or not, Florida's never really appealed to me personally (the fact you have to drive EVERYWHERE is a pisser as well). Only 2 weeks left til I hit Cuba though. :D