Recommend a barber

Guest Stevie

Bottom of shields rd, Ed. Fucking sound bloke, if you don't want to talk he won't talk to you and if you do he'll have a bit craic. It's a barbers, but I once got talking to him about how he ended up cutting hair and he's a hairdresser by trade. Always takes his time and does your neck with a cut throat at the end.

Plus he's got fucking piles of Nuts and Zoo magazines to keep you busy whilst you wait.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to Jeffrey's. Local to me in Brentford. Always does a good job. Last time I was in there, about 3 weeks ago, I had a good chat with Marcus from the last Big Brother series. Lives round the corner from me apparently. Nice bloke, took a photo with my boy and swore fuck loads. Haircut cost £12. Pretty standard round here. I could get it done by the immigrant over the road for £8 but he's a proper clipper merchant. I prefer a bit of time and a good go with the cut throat round the back of your neck afterwards so it's worth the extra four nuggets. 2 round the back and sides, bit longer on top and try and cut out the grey bits (although it's getting harder these days).

A load of my mates went through a stage of going to a place in Kingston called Stones, they'd hand over the best part of £150 and let the bloke cut and colour however he fancied. Apparently you'd get a beer and a head massage from a little hotty who worked there, but they'd come out looking like someone had put a jackson pollock on their bonce.

I go to Jeffrey's. Local to me in Brentford. Always does a good job. Last time I was in there, about 3 weeks ago, I had a good chat with Marcus from the last Big Brother series. Lives round the corner from me apparently. Nice bloke, took a photo with my boy and swore fuck loads. Haircut cost £12. Pretty standard round here. I could get it done by the immigrant over the road for £8 but he's a proper clipper merchant. I prefer a bit of time and a good go with the cut throat round the back of your neck afterwards so it's worth the extra four nuggets. 2 round the back and sides, bit longer on top and try and cut out the grey bits (although it's getting harder these days).

A load of my mates went through a stage of going to a place in Kingston called Stones, they'd hand over the best part of £150 and let the bloke cut and colour however he fancied. Apparently you'd get a beer and a head massage from a little hotty who worked there, but they'd come out looking like someone had put a jackson pollock on their bonce.

Oh I can't wait for Stevie to read this!!!!!!

Is that the one out of x-men? If so you should have stabbed him in the throat with a pair of blunt scissors

:D

I'm fairly new on here so you'll have to explain this to me. Is it a good or a bad thing?

Is that the one out of x-men? If so you should have stabbed him in the throat with a pair of blunt scissors

Yes, that's him. My wife can't stand him, she's known him since they were kids. Apparently her and her friends used to do unspeakably cruel things to him.

I'm fairly new on here so you'll have to explain this to me. Is it a good or a bad thing?

Stevie is a dyed-in-the-wool, ultra proud-to-be, Geordie and LOATHES southerners (though he's really a good lad and it's all pantomime stuff in all honesty) - especially NUFC supporting southerners. Southerners getting their hair cut at 'Jeffrey's ' or paying £150 for a clip could well result in a few broken blood vessels.

You'll never know. It'll be like the end of the Sopranos. Specially if your kids support Chelsea.

Guest Stevie

Stevie is a dyed-in-the-wool, ultra proud-to-be, Geordie and LOATHES southerners (though he's really a good lad and it's all pantomime stuff in all honesty) - especially NUFC supporting southerners. Southerners getting their hair cut at 'Jeffrey's ' or paying £150 for a clip could well result in a few broken blood vessels.

I do not, I like southerners. Well I like Londoners, proper Londoners, good crack - some are full of themselves, a bit like us. Give me a proper "haaas yer farva" Londoner over scouse or manc or brummie any day. Whoever paid £150 for a hair cut oh dear. I'd want Kelly Brook backing on to my cock, while Toni & Guy's best stylist doing my hair for that, and I'd still want some change. MykidsupportsChelsea I understand your stance about not going to the immigrants for your haircut, but you'll get chastised for such terminology on here mate, not by me like ye naa but just how some people are.

MykidsupportsChelsea I understand your stance about not going to the immigrants for your haircut, but you'll get chastised for such terminology on here mate, not by me like ye naa but just how some people are.

Your getting dangerously close to sounding like Fop.

NSFW etc.

Fair enough, if I was I probably would be too.

If it makes him feel better I'm half-north east (county durham not geordie though) and half-italian. I just happen to have been born in the south east and, due to marrying and having kids, haven't managed to escape yet.

If it makes him feel better I'm half-north east (county durham not geordie though) and half-italian. I just happen to have been born in the south east and, due to marrying and having kids, haven't managed to escape yet.

Oh Jesus

Run!

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!

I do not, I like southerners. Well I like Londoners, proper Londoners, good crack - some are full of themselves, a bit like us. Give me a proper "haaas yer farva" Londoner over scouse or manc or brummie any day. Whoever paid £150 for a hair cut oh dear. I'd want Kelly Brook backing on to my cock, while Toni & Guy's best stylist doing my hair for that, and I'd still want some change. MykidsupportsChelsea I understand your stance about not going to the immigrants for your haircut, but you'll get chastised for such terminology on here mate, not by me like ye naa but just how some people are.

I don't see what other terminology I could use? The fella is an immigrant. I wasn't being derogitory about him, I'm sure he's dead nice an all. Most of the Londoners who sound all knees up muvva brown are putting it on. Very few people actually sound like that, a bit like that ponce Jamie Oliver. I'm no cockney so I don't pretend to be.

Guest Stevie

I don't see what other terminology I could use? The fella is an immigrant. I wasn't being derogitory about him, I'm sure he's dead nice an all. Most of the Londoners who sound all knees up muvva brown are putting it on. Very few people actually sound like that, a bit like that ponce Jamie Oliver. I'm no cockney so I don't pretend to be.

There are people in my London office even from Kent who sound like knees up mavva braan to me. In West London the accent is definitely more refined though generally speaking, Sir Les had a good accent though to say he's from Hammersmith, but the area has more affluent areas like Chiswick and Ealing and what not.

Chiswick and Ealing are both 5 minutes from me. They're not that great. That whole area of West London is a complete paradox. You've got flashy appartment blocks, riverside flats and tree lined avenues with £2million houses and then you've got some proper ghettos 200 yards away, and I mean places you wouldn't go in the daytime let alone at night. I used to manage the William Hill in Chiswick, the punters I'd get in were mostly off the estates and mostly of west indian origin, but then I'd get some of the rich ones come in punting thousands. Ealing is the same it's bordered by Acton which is a complete hovel of a place which has sort of spilt over.

Personally, I wouldn't dream of moving any further into London than I live now, but those areas are considered desirable. You got Ant & Dec, Robbie Williams, Anna Friel, Jennifer Ellison and a shit load more 'celebs' living in Chiswick, but I think it's a dump.

Cant be arsed reading two whole pages of posts to see if its been mentioned but the best one in town is just down from the Empress (or whatever the fuck its called these days). A proper mans barbers, little doorway with the pole outside but when you walk in its like 1955. Old tiles, proper sinks and barbers chairs. Papers to read while waiting and a lollypop at the end if you dont cry.

Barbers wearing shirt n waistcoat who hold your coat for you before giving you a cheery goodbye as you head out onto the cold cold streets.

They also do all the proper stuff like hot towel shaves and the like but none of this poncy head massage shite :D

Bought clippers; when it gets to the point where you're only kidding yourself you're getting a "hiarcut", you may as well.

Last time I paid any money for a proper haircut was at "Dandy Browns" in Leeds. Got the full works though, hair-cut, cut-throat shave, head massage off a lovely buxom lass. Did an excellent job and cost about £30 if memory serves.

Would definitely do it again, but only before something special, like a wedding or FA Cup Final Appearance :D

Cant be arsed reading two whole pages of posts to see if its been mentioned but the best one in town is just down from the Empress (or whatever the fuck its called these days). A proper mans barbers, little doorway with the pole outside but when you walk in its like 1955. Old tiles, proper sinks and barbers chairs. Papers to read while waiting and a lollypop at the end if you dont cry.

Barbers wearing shirt n waistcoat who hold your coat for you before giving you a cheery goodbye as you head out onto the cold cold streets.

They also do all the proper stuff like hot towel shaves and the like but none of this poncy head massage shite B)

I bet you still go to Mark Toneys as well, don't ya? :wank:

Bottom of shields rd, Ed. Fucking sound bloke, if you don't want to talk he won't talk to you and if you do he'll have a bit craic. It's a barbers, but I once got talking to him about how he ended up cutting hair and he's a hairdresser by trade. Always takes his time and does your neck with a cut throat at the end.

Plus he's got fucking piles of Nuts and Zoo magazines to keep you busy whilst you wait.

I used to go to Eds a few years ago when he had the little shop on the corner and go along with all that. B)

Thank God I'm from Newcastle!

I used to go to Eds a few years ago when he had the little shop on the corner and go along with all that. :wank:

B)

Unfortunately I'm not. Although I wish I was. If my wife ever bins me off though I'll be straight up to live with my aunt in Newcastle. I always feel much more at home in the north east, which is odd for someone who has lived in London for 28 years.

Edited by My Kids Support Chelsea!!

Guest Stevie

I used to go to Eds a few years ago when he had the little shop on the corner and go along with all that. :wank:

B)

Unfortunately I'm not. Although I wish I was. If my wife ever bins me off though I'll be straight up to live with my aunt in Newcastle. I always feel much more at home in the north east, which is odd for someone who has lived in London for 28 years.

Do you know The Penguin MKSC?

B)

Do you know The Penguin MKSC?

As the porn star said to the bishop, come again?