The Guitar Thread

Tom

Is it my birthday? :lol:

He’s not quite there yet, but he’s picking it up fairly quickly tbh. 

I’ll let you know when I’ve gone deaf enough for him to get a pedal @Blastronaut, and thanks for the very kind offer. 👍

Tom, Andrew, come on lads, step up- what free stuff have you got for me,eh? :lol:

In Toms defence he did say he might be able to fix it up for you for free.  Wasn't @Andrewwanting rid of a Custom Shop Telecaster? 

It's no hassle though man. I remember offering a while back. I could probably wire in an internal switch that seriously limits the volume, tell him about that when he moves out.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ll let you know when I’ve gone deaf enough for him to get a pedal @Blastronaut, and thanks for the very kind offer. 👍

Tom, Andrew, come on lads, step up- what free stuff have you got for me,eh? :lol:

You fancy paying the postage from my place? :razz:

• Haha 1

Custom Shop Tele for postage costs and import duty? Thats a good deal btw @Monkeys Fist

Anyway, more seriously: did you ever bite the bullet on any of those guitars you were offered @Andrew ? Think I said I'd go for the V but in all honestly I'd be more likely to keep the Tele. Don't think I've ever bought a guitar without playing it first though, still not sure I could bring myself to after all the times I've had to leave guitar shops before doing something stupid like buy BC Rich Warlock over one one of the 50 odd Les Pauls I'd intended to buy.

Just now, Blastronaut said:

Custom Shop Tele for postage costs and import duty? Thats a good deal btw @Monkeys Fist

Anyway, more seriously: did you ever bite the bullet on any of those guitars you were offered @Andrew ? Think I said I'd go for the V but in all honestly I'd be more likely to keep the Tele. Don't think I've ever bought a guitar without playing it first though, still not sure I could bring myself to after all the times I've had to leave guitar shops before doing something stupid like buy BC Rich Warlock over one one of the 50 odd Les Pauls I'd intended to buy.

I didn't, the V was cool but not quite my thing and he wanted too much for the axis.

The other guy backed out when I turned out to fancy his two favourites of the ones offered.

Either way I've got a bid on the Tele now so it will probably just end up selling for cash which suits me fine.

Sold my Sheriff yesterday for a couple hundred more than I paid for it, which I am perfectly happy with.

Seems to be a common trope in my experience of people offering trades. "Will you trade for any for this?" "Oh no sorry, I'm not trading those ones, I like those too much I just wanted to show you all my gear"

Totally get why V's wouldn't be everyone's thing. Im not even sure I like them tbh, they're awkward as fuck but I've played a few Gibson Vs that were great. Probably just nostalgia. Back in my teens I jammed a lot with a guy that had 2, his main was just like the one you were offered. Loved that guitar, can't see a red or black Gibson V without thinking of those days.

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ll have a look, there might be something somewhere :lol: 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

PRS are gonna sell a FUCKLOAD of these. 

This video is a stroke of genius, getting Mayer to stand for 10 minutes telling people how great it is. 

oof at less than a grand they really are.

PRS are good at this, always get their artists to talk very very highly of the SE signature models, get them on stage a bit etc.

Love that he starts with saying "bit hard to keep it in tune". 

Edit, ah I take that back. Hes saying it's the song that is hard record live and keep in tune die to the complex chords. 

PRS stuff I've played has all been great tbh but I'll probably never buy one thanks to their fuckity scale length. I've already got like 4 notched straight edges and have no intention of making or buying another.

Edited by Blastronaut

@Monkeys Fist

Found the gig bag AND the pre-cut fretwire so that's in the bag too. 

I was looking at it again today and I reckon Dave might just be able to polish this out. I had it in my head it was a big gouge cos I had the memory of trying to play the guitar - basically if your frets aren't like glass, you can feel it really badly when you bend a string. 

But it's been massively exaggerated in my head as a result of how bad it felt rather than how it looks. 

Anyway you've got the frets, they're pre-cut and radiused correctly for this neck (12 inch radius, like my penis), so if Dave does want to replace them (it's two frets rather than one), that might save him some time. 

No no it's defo still yours, don't worry about that! This creates a space on the rack for my next one - a point that hasn't gone unnoticed by my lass. :lol:

I'm more pleased that it looks like an easier repair job. 👍

• Haha 2

👍 Sound, just wanted to be sure you don’t feel like you have to. 

Good luck blindsiding the Mrs when the next strangely guitar-shaped Amazon parcel turns up :lol:

*edited for fingers like pig’s tits- wiseman…wtf? 

• Haha 1