Danny Simpson is ours!

jamie_gordon

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find him very average tbh and dont think he'd fair so well after promotion.

very average...who do you want? we are Newcastle united not Real Madrid and we are in the championship the second tier of english football.Everyone who plays for us is very average according to this site! At the moment we are a very average team in a very average league.

very average...who do you want? we are Newcastle united not Real Madrid and we are in the championship the second tier of english football.Everyone who plays for us is very average according to this site! At the moment we are a very average team in a very average league.

you have a very average outlook and average ambition

no i live in the real world...

to sign Danny Simpson from Manchester united is a very good step for a championship club or should we signed Glenn Johnson for £18million?

to sign Danny Simpson from Manchester united is a very good step for a championship club or should we signed Glenn Johnson for £18million?

it would have helped if we had not sold Bassong and Beye for 10m, Milner for 12m, Given for 5m [whatever it was], N'Zogbia for 8m [whatever it was]. We would not have been relegated and we may have attracted better class of international footballer to the club as a result, as befits a club of our size and support and potential. It isn't so long ago we actually WERE run like this.

it would have helped if we had not sold Bassong and Beye for 10m, Milner for 12m, Given for 5m [whatever it was], N'Zogbia for 8m [whatever it was]. We would not have been relegated and we may have attracted better class of international footballer to the club as a result, as befits a club of our size and support and potential. It isn't so long ago we actually WERE run like this.

if players want to go they go!

unfortunately we are now in the championship not the championship league anymore.Danny Simpson is a great signing for the club as it is at the current time. IF we was in the premier league i would have a different opion.Who else do we have a right back at the moment?

unfortunately we are now in the championship not the championship league anymore.Danny Simpson is a great signing for the club as it is at the current time. IF we was in the premier league i would have a different opion.Who else do we have a right back at the moment?

Players want to play for progressive clubs, they dont' want to leave ambitious clubs the size of ours, very few wanted to leave during the years when we showed ambition, we even signed the worlds number 1 striker for a world record fee and his partner gave up the number 9 shirt for him, another top international footballer.

That isn't average, its the people that run the club who set the club up like this.

Unfortunately we are currently set up like an average club, but it ought not to be the case. The current owner has set up the club in such a way that you are lowering your sights. I suggest to you that the current position of this team, and the standard of footballers we have signed lately, is actually the limit of the current owners ambition ?

Players want to play for progressive clubs, they dont' want to leave ambitious clubs the size of ours, very few wanted to leave during the years when we showed ambition, we even signed the worlds number 1 striker for a world record fee and his partner gave up the number 9 shirt for him, another top international footballer.

That isn't average, its the people that run the club who set the club up like this.

Unfortunately we are currently set up like an average club, but it ought not to be the case. The current owner has set up the club in such a way that you are lowering your sights. I suggest to you that the current position of this team, and the standard of footballers we have signed lately, is actually the limit of the current owners ambition ?

great point but we cant sign players because years ago we signed SHEARER for a record fee.We are a massive club bigger than Tottenham,villa,Everton ETC but what the players do on the pitch and what happens up stairs is completly different

Edited by jamie_gordon

great point but we cant sign players because years ago we signed SHEARER for a record fee.We are a massive club bigger than Tottenham,villa,Everton ETC but what the players do on the pitch and what happens up stairs is completly different

I know its a great point. I always make great points. The POINT is that we should never have settled for average in the first place and you should not be proclaiming average players as great signings when we still have the 3rd biggest crowd in the country to tap the potential of.

I know its a great point. I always make great points. The POINT is that we should never have settled for average in the first place and you should not be proclaiming average players as great signings when we still have the 3rd biggest crowd in the country to tap the potential of.

yeah and im there most weeks and cant wait to get to plymouth saturday but attendances dont win you silver wear

What we should be doing in this transfer window is bringing in a couple of quality players to play in the premiership to strengthen the promotion push and build for next season.

Pay the money.

Like we did when we bought Cole and Sellars.

What we should be doing in this transfer window is bringing in a couple of quality players to play in the premiership to strengthen the promotion push and build for next season.

Pay the money.

i agree but will fatty pay the money?

we have the players to win this league and do well in the prem we have better players than Wigan,Fulham,Birmingham,West ham,Hull,Pompey etc we have just got to get them playing to there best and i think we will do...........look to the future

Pay the money.

we have the players to win this league and do well in the prem we have better players than Wigan,Fulham,Birmingham,West ham,Hull,Pompey etc we have just got to get them playing to there best and i think we will do...........look to the future

I don't agree. I think if we want to just stay up he will have to replace getting on for half the team he has sold, names mentioned earlier.

Plus a quality striker.

Pay the money.

I don't agree. I think if we want to just stay up he will have to replace getting on for half the team he has sold, names mentioned earlier.

Plus a quality striker.

we have better strikers than the teams i just listed

Pay the money.

Plus a quality striker.

Do we fuck.

:D

Look, we'll get promoted in a few months. Why sign a player who will need replacing then? We have some players that stand out in this league who will be avg - ok in the Prem (Shola, good example - gash in the prem). Can you imagine what an avg player in this league is like in the prem?

:D

Look, we'll get promoted in a few months. Why sign a player who will need replacing then? We have some players that stand out in this league who will be avg - ok in the Prem (Shola, good example - gash in the prem). Can you imagine what an avg player in this league is like in the prem?

I'll put the house on that we won't

Pay the money.

Plus a quality striker.

name the players that are better than our strikers..zamora and cole

Do we fuck.