Danny Simpson is ours!

jamie_gordon

He's been on holiday cruising round the South Atlantic ocean for the past 5 days. Guesswork from the mail?

Could have been agreed in principle before he left? Didn't the Mail break the Ferguson extension? ;)

And lets not forget its the agents who turn up and battle it out with Dekka, not the players. They just agree options with the agent, he goes in and chews the fat.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been on holiday cruising round the South Atlantic ocean for the past 5 days. Guesswork from the mail?

Could have been agreed in principle before he left? Didn't the Mail break the Ferguson extension? ;)

Taking my ITK and posting it on Newcastle Online you cernt ;)

Taking my ITK and posting it on Newcastle Online you cernt :)

;)

At least I said where I got it from, not like your mate who would have said something like "Danny Simpson HAS signed a 5 year contract, he was in talks this morning and it's a DONE DEAL"

:clapping:

Taking my ITK and posting it on Newcastle Online you cernt :)

;)

At least I said where I got it from, not like your mate who would have said something like "Danny Simpson HAS signed a 5 year contract, he was in talks this morning and it's a DONE DEAL"

:clapping:

No you didnt. :clapping: you said you got it from the daily mail when you actually got it from me. You could have bigged me up as the next ITK. :clapping:

Right back is an area of the team I'd definitely be looking to improve on.

Agreed. However, I'm glad we've tied Simpson up on a contract; I know he's not great and has been found lacking, but we're so thin at the back I'd hate to lose another body.

My ITK tells me there has been a stumbling block in the simpson contract and if the don't resolve it in the next few days he wont sign - if they do - he will.

Has another 2 years to run on his contract anyway. Why couldn't the club have shown this sort of foresight in resigning Enrique before he was in the final year of his?

Danny Simpson: Fans right to expect European campaign

DANNY Simpson believes Newcastle United fans have “every right” to expect a concerted push for Europe from Alan Pardew’s rebuilt side next season.

The dust has barely settled on their satisfactory return of 13th place last term but already United are looking to make moves in the transfer market.

Lille midfielder Yohan Cabaye will complete his move to St James’ Park when he returns from international duty, while The Journal understands that the club are edging closer to clinching a deal for a left-back and a striker.

The forward is one of Kevin Gameiro or Gervinho while Cheikh M’Bengue has been earmarked to replace Jose Enrique if the Liverpool target departs.

Talks with the Spaniard’s advisor are pencilled in for this week, with Newcastle already having rebuffed interest from the Reds.

Those players will join a squad that performed well last season but will be expected to move up a gear next year. And, as Simpson admits, the pressure will be on.

“We all know there’s going to be added pressure next season. We’ve had a laugh about the fans wanting Europe or whatever, but it’s true and they have every right to expect that,” he said. “We want to kick on ourselves anyway.

“We’ve done well this season, even though we had a few injuries and a few players left, but now we’ll have a full pre-season with the new manager, and we’re looking to move forward.

“I’m sure that the manager will want to bring in new players, but we are determined to keep the same team spirit that’s been so important to us this season.”

That will be a key part of United’s plans for next term, along with the extensive recruitment being plotted in the St James’ Park boardroom.

New faces are inevitable and for Simpson (pictured above), that is a positive.

“I think it’ll be nice to have a few fresh faces at the club,” the defender insisted. “We all know that it’s a squad game now, and we need a squad to help us finish as high up the league as we can.

“There’ll always be injuries and suspensions, and it’s healthy to know that your place is always under threat. Just look at a club like Manchester United.

“There are big players being left out there every week, but they know the whole of the squad will be used at some stage.

“We have quite a small squad. I know the manager wants to bring in a few fresh faces and we all welcome that. It’s certainly not something we’re scared of.”

Simpson is unlikely to be disappointed in his wish for new faces, as there continues to be activity behind the scenes at St James’ Park.

Top target Gameiro is now engaged on international duty but Newcastle hope to invite him to Tyneside for a tour around the club’s facilities when he returns from playing for France.

They also retain an interest in Gervinho, but The Journal understands that there are reservations about bringing him to Newcastle because he is likely to have African Nations Cup commitments in the winter months for the next two seasons.

Ivory Coast are already close to qualification for next year’s edition in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea, and will be expected to make it to the 2013 tournament – provisionally scheduled to be played in troubled Libya.

The Lille striker could miss up to six games and told an English website yesterday that he will chose a club this week.

“During the week I'll announce my decision so that everyone knows,” he said.

“I love the Premier League, but I have interest from Spain and Germany as well, so let’s wait and see.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastl.../#ixzz1O0cKQjij

Guest alex
decent first time cross on him.

Aye, quite pacy and a good engine too, i.e. an athlete rather than a footballer. Doubt he'll be on a lot though which makes him a better asset than Enrique apparently.

Has had a much better season, ok going forward and actually a very good tackler but he stand off too much when players run towards him and lets them in the box which has cost us goals. He needs to learn to either take them down in those situations or show them as wide as possible! Positionally he is not superb but I actually think he is getting better with the amount of game time he is seeing and i wouldn't write him off just yet, still only a young lad and look how shit enrique was first season!

EDIT: I know we have had simmo for more than one season but i do think he still has progression in him!

Edited by GeeForce

Guest alex
Has had a much better season, ok going forward and actually a very good tackler but he stand off too much when players run towards him and lets them in the box which has cost us goals. He needs to learn to either take them down in those situations or show them as wide as possible! Positionally he is not superb but I actually think he is getting better with the amount of game time he is seeing and i wouldn't write him off just yet, still only a young lad and look how shit enrique was first season!

EDIT: I know we have had simmo for more than one season but i do think he still has progression in him!

Firstly I think he's been very poor this season. He started well (just like last season) but has gone rapidly down hill. Positionally he's hopeless and I've seen no improvement whatsoever. Enrique wasn't shit in his first season either imo, it's a myth that's been perpetuated due to Allardyce's refusal to play him early doors. He was excellent towards the end of that season in KK's 4-3-3.

Firstly I think he's been very poor this season. He started well (just like last season) but has gone rapidly down hill. Positionally he's hopeless and I've seen no improvement whatsoever. Enrique wasn't shit in his first season either imo, it's a myth that's been perpetuated due to Allardyce's refusal to play him early doors. He was excellent towards the end of that season in KK's 4-3-3.

At the start of last season I thought he was pretty decent too but thought he ended quite badly - a lot of the goals which cost us so much could be put down to him imo and I think we should look at replacing him or at the very least having some competition for him - I don't count either Taylor as a threat for that purpose.

I thought Enrique was poor in his first season, like a rabbit in the headlights. I agree with him not being played enough to settle and the likes of NZog being played ahead of him.

Anyway, Simpson after his injury last year and the start of this year was good. He was excellent away to Arsenal(although nearly fucked up massively late on).

Here's a link to Enriques passing stats against Wigan in 08/09. It was one of the worst performances I'd seen from a defender-he was terrible.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkbo...O5lahl12VcZzTC8

I have to say I found Enrique's inability to pass the ball 5 yards to a teammate in his first season incredible but he has drastically improved on that score.

Guest alex

Aye, I'll accept he had some Lionel Blairs like. None of which has anything to do with Simpson's shortcomings I might add ;)

I think the notion that players like Simpson (and Shola obviously) are okay and don't need improving on is as dangerous as replacing Barton etc.