Danny Simpson is ours!

jamie_gordon

Skysports.com understands that Newcastle have agreed a deal to sign Danny Simpson from Manchester United.

The 23-year-old right-back has had a highly successful loan spell at St James' Park over the opening half of the season.

He returned to Old Trafford on Tuesday, as talks over a permanent deal failed to materialise.

However, the two clubs have now agreed terms and Simpson is set to pen a permanent deal on Tyneside.

Simpson is set to undergo a medical on Wednesday before signing a two-and-half-year deal with Chris Hughton's side.

Link

some good news at last. he's young, got a bit of pace and is good enough for this division. hopefully he will continue to improve if we are promoted

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's shit.

Quoted for truth.

Have been saying it in the pub for months now. I don't see any strengths that the guy has at all. Not a great defender and poor going forward IMO

quick? young? better than r taylor? better than most other rbs we're likely to attract?

He's shit.

Quoted for truth.

Have been saying it in the pub for months now. I don't see any strengths that the guy has at all. Not a great defender and poor going forward IMO

quick? young? better than r taylor? better than most other rbs we're likely to attract?

An average young defender that's already blended into the squad and seems to have been signed quite cheaply; preferranle to taking a punt on an untested player.

if it were in a more critical position or we were being shown up time and again down the flank I'd be concerned. But £500k seems a reasonable price for a reasonable player.

I think like many have said already he is a decent right back defensively but going forward he is poor. Maybe its a confidence thing i dont know but at a young age its something that can be taught.

Once we are promoted though i hope we go in for a higher quality RB and use Simpson as a back up. Ebondo? Beye?

there's no way this board is going to sanction the signings of 2 new players for the exact same position!

IMO, we should have tried another loan until the seasons end, see what division we'll be in, and then see who's available.

there's no way this board is going to sanction the signings of 2 new players for the exact same position!

IMO, we should have tried another loan until the seasons end, see what division we'll be in, and then see who's available.

I never said now did i? Once we are promoted...

NEWCASTLE United have completed the permanent signing of Danny Simpson for an undisclosed fee from Manchester United.

The 23-year-old has been on loan at St.James' Park since August of last year and has impressed during his 22 appearances this season.

Simpson pens a three-and-a-half-year deal with The Magpies and will continue to wear the No.12 jersey.

Manager Chris Hughton told nufc.co.uk: "We're delighted to complete a permanent deal for Danny.

"He's a player who has been with us since the summer and has played a key role during the first half of the season.

"Danny is a very popular lad in the dressing room and he took no time at all to settle in.

"He was always a player we wanted to keep at the club and he was very keen to stay given how much he's enjoyed his time here."

For those who can't be bothered to venture to .cock

• 1 year later...
Newcastle right-back Danny Simpson is set to sign an improved five-year contract.

The defender has impressed for the Magpies since his move from Manchester United - and was even tipped to break into the senior England set-up.

He has two years left to run on his £10,000-per-week deal at St James' Park. But talks over a new long-term deal have already taken place and Simpson, 24, is keen to commit his future to Newcastle.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz1Ny6xZhma

He's been on holiday cruising round the South Atlantic ocean for the past 5 days. Guesswork from the mail?

Could have been agreed in principle before he left? Didn't the Mail break the Ferguson extension? ;)