Our new addition

peasepud

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers all, at the time of posting all appeared well, about two hours after they whisked him away to Special Care where hes been ever since. Its mainly for observations but it turned out that he had the cord wrapped round his neck which obviously distressed him a lot, since then hes had a bit of a wheeze when breathing so hes on oxygen and fed through a tube, hopefully however he'll be out of the SCU tomorrow and with mam.

Have to say that words cant convey just how professional and spot on the staff at the RVI are, basically the midwife took a look at his monitor,calmly said to us that she wasnt too happy with what she was seeing and pressed a button, within a minute the room was full of people who each knew what they were doing and how to do it, doctor took a look and rushed E straight into Theatre, Aneasthetist meanwhile was measuring up and sorting the drugs and I was fitted with a great pair of white wellies and non matching pants, top and hat.

Into theatre, on with the suction pump, some pushes from E and voila our own little coneheaded smurf, all within about 10 minutes of a midwife spotting a possible problem.

How any government can argue the toss when it comes to paying these people properly is beyond me.

Now its bed time, I would have went two hours ago but have been dozing on and off on the sofa since getting in.

gpw1.jpg

gpw2.jpg

gpw3.jpg

gpw4.jpg

Are you sure he's yours Peter?? He looks normal man.... :D

Looks in fine fettle to me - hope George's head has been suitably wetted even though it was Ellie who did all the hard work... :icon_lol:

Sounds a similar carry-on to when Charlotte was born only the midwife in our case literally put one foot on the bed for leverage when they started with the venteuse.

Congrats again big fella :rolleyes:

Cheers all, at the time of posting all appeared well, about two hours after they whisked him away to Special Care where hes been ever since. Its mainly for observations but it turned out that he had the cord wrapped round his neck which obviously distressed him a lot, since then hes had a bit of a wheeze when breathing so hes on oxygen and fed through a tube, hopefully however he'll be out of the SCU tomorrow and with mam.

Have to say that words cant convey just how professional and spot on the staff at the RVI are, basically the midwife took a look at his monitor,calmly said to us that she wasnt too happy with what she was seeing and pressed a button, within a minute the room was full of people who each knew what they were doing and how to do it, doctor took a look and rushed E straight into Theatre, Aneasthetist meanwhile was measuring up and sorting the drugs and I was fitted with a great pair of white wellies and non matching pants, top and hat.

Into theatre, on with the suction pump, some pushes from E and voila our own little coneheaded smurf, all within about 10 minutes of a midwife spotting a possible problem.

How any government can argue the toss when it comes to paying these people properly is beyond me.

Now its bed time, I would have went two hours ago but have been dozing on and off on the sofa since getting in.

Fucking well said that man- Almost exactly the same experience 2 yrs ago.

Marvellous staff at RVI.

Hope the little 'un is well

His head looks fine,

could be worse like...

coneheads.jpg

Tell you what, this cord problem must be dead common. We had the same problem with Matt. Only difference was that the midwife opted for forceps. Bruised the poor little buggers face.

Still, all's well that ends well and all that.

BTW, did you get my text earlier or am I texting the wrong number again. Dont worry if I've got the number right and you've just not replied - it's not like you haven't been pre-occupied or nothing :icon_lol: Just want to know if I'm texting random people with congrats :rolleyes::D

Oh and I'm probably going to be up in Feb. If you're able to we'll belatedly do head wetting, I've still not caught up with Cath either (I know, I'm bad).

Cheers all, its hard at the mo because we're now no longer able to touch him as its causing his body even more work to deal with the touch therefore for his recovery he needs to be left alone which really isnt a good feeling as new parents, you just feel so helpless not being able to even cuddle him.

Its bad enough for me but for Ellie its a lot harder as shes in there with him all the time and just wants to hold and feed him. No doubt it just means he'll get even more when he does come out but at the mo its gut wrenching to walk away.

Still at the same time you realise just how lucky you are, the other 3 on his Bay are all tiny, all of them were born ridiculously early and all were under 1lb in weight, as the dad of the one next to him said "its like picking up a mobile phone", all however are moving forward under the care of the team within there and the help of tiny lives charity.

gpw6.jpg

The staff in the Special Care Baby Unit are exceptional.

My mate's little girl was born at 29 weeks. She was in for a while but is right as rain now.

Wee Pud looks like he's a strong wee thing. He'll be out before you know it.

All the best mate.