France gets tough...

AgentAxeman

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be important to get the Muslims onside. Just a thought.

the red card would be better

They'd only sign-up again under a different name.

I still think "corrupting" young Muslims with Western values is our best bet - the only pisser is any clampdowns and attititudes like LM's just encourages them to look inwards and turn more fundamental.

Can I just say ordinary people in the street, their attitude towards muslim fundamentalists and the whole dark side of the faith is far far far far farrrrrrrrrrrrr more negatively opinionated than you will read on a Newcastle message board. I would never state my true feelings on here because too many people would be offended. I'm not racist, I don't see skin tone, I abhor certain beliefs, interpretations and morals, I genuinely don't think LM is any different.

I still think "corrupting" young Muslims with Western values is our best bet - the only pisser is any clampdowns and attititudes like LM's just encourages them to look inwards and turn more fundamental.

aye, sure. If not for people like me they would be happy to integrate into the British community, speak the language and tolerate the customs and not abuse British soldiers on British soil when they return home from a tour of duty. What a load of bollocks.

Can I just say ordinary people in the street, their attitude towards muslim fundamentalists and the whole dark side of the faith is far far far far farrrrrrrrrrrrr more negatively opinionated than you will read on a Newcastle message board. I would never state my true feelings on here because too many people would be offended. I'm not racist, I don't see skin tone, I abhor certain beliefs, interpretations and morals, I genuinely don't think LM is any different.

I don't think anyone on this message board has a positive view of fundamentalists.

The thing is Stevie I've made it clear on here that I abhor organised religion and a lot of the so called morals that go with it - that doesn't mean I judge all Muslims/Christians/Jews as cunts who "don't belong here" which is what LM suggests.

What do the do gooders think of the post made earlier about the next wave of immigration coming from Africa ? Do they still think we should open our doors with open arms for more ?

Why don't they tell us where they think such policy will end ? If they seriously think we will all live in a happy ever after multi cultural society......... ;) they are reading the wrong books

aye, sure. If not for people like me they would be happy to integrate into the British community, speak the language and tolerate the customs and not abuse British soldiers on British soil when they return home from a tour of duty. What a load of bollocks.

Which of your customs has not been tolerated? Genuine question.

I don't think anyone on this message board has a positive view of fundamentalists.

It's not just the fundamentalists, it's the people who justify and explain the reasons behind their actions, they make my skin crawl and have no place in this country. 50% of them in the UK according to Channel 4.

I'm sitting 2 yards from a Turkish lad who drinks (and is now a UK citizen btw) - I've met other Muslims who are bigger fanny rats than I would ever dream of being - the point is about generalisations. You think a few idiots who protest taint an entire community - that's why you're an idiot imo.

Islamic fundametalism is, on the whole, horrible though. No one on here ever supports it, do they? It's not even being discussed really though, is it?

The thing is Stevie I've made it clear on here that I abhor organised religion and a lot of the so called morals that go with it - that doesn't mean I judge all Muslims/Christians/Jews as cunts who "don't belong here" which is what LM suggests.

I am not suggesting anything. I started off by saying those who abuse and demonstrate against British troops on British soil ought to be chucked out of the country or banged up until they agree to leave. I also said if their sympathies lie with the other country in question, then they should fuck off and fight for them, openly, in uniform unlike the cowardly fucks that they are supporting.

There is nothing wrong with that, it is spot on in my view. To date, nobody, including you, has gave me any reason to say differently nor have you gave any reason why they should not do this because they certainly don't belong on the streets of the UK

I'm sitting 2 yards from a Turkish lad who drinks (and is now a UK citizen btw) - I've met other Muslims who are bigger fanny rats than I would ever dream of being - the point is about generalisations. You think a few idiots who protest taint an entire community - that's why you're an idiot imo.

I think that fact that you do not realise how dangerous this "few" are suggests you are a naive idiot.

That's the thing for me. I don't agree with any religion in a personal sense but I don't hate people who practice religion in a harmless way (which is, in my experience, the vast majority). It gets daft when people try and make out one is better than the other though. It solves and proves nothing. In any case point to anything bad done by Muslims and they can hit back with many things done that are worse by Christians.

It's not just the fundamentalists, it's the people who justify and explain the reasons behind their actions, they make my skin crawl and have no place in this country. 50% of them in the UK according to Channel 4.

Do you understand the difference between reason and justification?

When looking at a murder you dertermine the motive. That doesn't justify the murder and does not equate to sympathy with the killer.

You cannot ignore the reason why hundreds of feel compelled to explode themselves and as many other people as possible. Without justifying it.

I am not suggesting anything. I started off by saying those who abuse and demonstrate against British troops on British soil ought to be chucked out of the country or banged up until they agree to leave. I also said if their sympathies lie with the other country in question, then they should fuck off and fight for them, openly, in uniform unlike the cowardly fucks that they are supporting.

There is nothing wrong with that, it is spot on in my view. To date, nobody, including you, has gave me any reason to say differently nor have you gave any reason why they should not do this because they certainly don't belong on the streets of the UK

The right to peaceful protest is enshrined in any decent democracy - do you agree?

Is it just that it was soldiers they protested against or the war? - if its the latter then there was a protest involing more than 1m from all "races" at the height of the war - would you bang those up as well?

The right of British citizens to protest has been enshrined in law for generations.

An estimated 2 million people took part in an anti war protest prior to the ionvasion of Iraq.

The UK is not at war with ANY country. Which country do you want to send those 2 million protesters to?

I think that fact that you do not realise how dangerous this "few" are suggests you are a naive idiot.

Dangerous in what way?

As someone who walked through London in July 2005 and who works in the prime target for these "dangerous" people I have to say I don't give the possibilty of any danger a second thought. If you spend your life worrying about shit like that you may as well give up.

I'd also ask - if all Muslims were kicked out of the UK tomorrow how would anyone be "safer"?

The right of British citizens to protest has been enshrined in law for generations.

An estimated 2 million people took part in an anti war protest prior to the ionvasion of Iraq.

The UK is not at war with ANY country. Which country do you want to send those 2 million protesters to?

Protest yes. Kill "other" British people, definitely not. Do you see the difference. British people do not kill other British people nor heckle those who are defending their shores as British Armed Forces and security forces.

If their sympathies lie elsewhere, they can fuck off to elsewhere. Don't compare protesting against our own troops with protesting against health cuts or employment marches.

That is to both you and NJS. I think your attitude and defense of those heckling our forces is shameful.

You can't have it both ways. If the danger isn't represented by a tiny minority, how come there are so few attacks in the UK? That's not me saying there's no threat etc. btw.

my views are based on life experience, not what some out of touch "intellectual" has brainwashed me with. By the way, your own comments above betray your own limited thinking but I don't suppose you will understand that....... :razz:

This is the latest in a line of posts where you intimate that being intellectual is a bad thing, also doing good... It's what the right wing do in America, where the need to seem at one with the common man is held in higher regard than thinking with more than your gut. FOX endlessly belittle academia as out of touch, when in truth, the ignorant demagogues are those that are out of touch with how the world really is, because they see it from (ironically) behind a veil of fear and conservatism. Anything moderate or considerate is dismissed as weak and anything that encourages pluralism is unpatriotic. They use fear and anger as a bludgeon, however when their views are challenged the challenger is labelled and their points ignored.

I'm just curious, what reason have you for this, if it is not akin to theirs?

Don't get me wrong, some great thinkers have operated on the right hand side of the political spectrum, but at least they were great thinkers and not just fear mongers.

Also as a side bar, why is it "brainwashing" when it's one view, but "life experience" when it's another?

Oh, by the by? Please don't reply with the staid "Well if you don't know, then what's the point" as it highlights your ignorance rather than displaying any knowledge or insight you may have garnered from your much vaunted "Life Experience"

I've already tried to get an answer on this Fish

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=703556

As usual, no real reply, it's all down to my lack of 'life experience' apparently? :blush:

So, Leazes, how about a brief summary of your fantastic 'Life Experience'- I'm intrigued.

Did you do a lot of travelling, were you a voluntary aid worker, oil worker in the middle east?

Please, don't say you were a squaddie :)

#As it happens, no I was not a squaddie. But making this very comment betrays yourA total lack of understanding of national security and how it works. What is wrong with being a squaddie in the front line, do you seriously think you have more understanding ? BWhat book did you read all your theories ? :)

A Bingo :)

B No Book...cannot read...brainwashed...must hate Muslims

So anyway Leazes, yet again you have squirmed out of answering a direct question- what is your life experience that makes you so much more worldly than the rest of us?

A simple answer will do.

Sorry. But how I have spent my life is my business.

Squandered it and bitter in other words. ;)

All the hallmarks of it. Incapable of owt yourself so you become pre-occupied with every one else. Ten a penny yee lot.

Pipe down a bit now, dear. Embarrassing. :D

haha.........

I am very comfortable thank you.

Tit :D

oh dear.

Resorting to insults, not good for someone as clever as you.

phrrrrrrrrt.