Graze.com

peasepud

Recently saw an offer for a free box from them so gave it a try, have to admit its spot on, once a week they'll send you a box of assorted things to snack on.

Once you create an account you can pick things you definitely like, stuff to try and inform them of any shite you dont like. You then end up with a box of mixed fruit, nuts, seeds etc to snack on.

Very professional and rather tasty I might add.

Mobile%20Photo%20Jan%2012,%202010%207%2055%2045%20AM.jpg

Enter 279BGTQY when you first go to sign up and they'll give you the first box free, if you're not happy after that one then you can just cancel. Theres no minimum term so you're not tied to anything.

http://www.graze.com/

I can't imagine this is cheaper than just buying the stuff in the supermarket?

You also get to try new stuff though, this weeks box contained:

Naturally dried apricots, strawberries & macadamias

cherry raisins, almond & cranberry

cashews

cajun seed mix.

Last weeks was:

Dried strawberries, blackberries and walnuts

hazelnuts

Dried pineapple rings, pecans & black flame jumbo raisins

Almonds

Its good how they do it, you go on, select different things that you either hate, love or are happy to try. They then steer clear of the hate, regularly put your Likes in there and dot some "Trys" in as well.

I know fine well that I wouldnt go to the shop and buy that little lot, if I go to a supermarket then I'll buy kets instead :icon_lol:

I only signed up to give it a go with the express thought that Id bin it after the first week but now after the second one (which is half price) Im tempted to keep it going.

How long is the box designed to last though? It all sounds really nice, but it also sounds like you could trough it all in one day, so weekly deliveries are not telly much use.

I need information bizitches.

How long is the box designed to last though? It all sounds really nice, but it also sounds like you could trough it all in one day, so weekly deliveries are not telly much use.

Just friggin sign up, get your free box and then cancel if you're not happy.

Surely not Scott? :icon_lol:

All I'm saying is that it sounds like a really really really shit idea. That's all I'm saying.

If you dont eat nuts/seeds/crispythings/fruit etc during the day then Im sure it is. I usually buy a huge bag of nuts (almonds typically) that I munch on during the week at my desk. Id much rather have a few different things. So to me, it sounds canny. Giving it a whirl anyway, can't really judge till I've tried it.

Got my first one today.

Hot chilli almonds are awesome.

If they send me Olives of any description again I will drive to them and kick them in the teeth. ;)

I checked a few things at Asda:

Nuts approx £0.70 / 100g

Dried fruit £1.00 / 100g

Olives (yuk) £0.50 / 100g

In my box today I got

Olives 60g

almonds 25g

pinapple/pecan 50g

dried cherries 30g

Based on Asda would have cost approx £1.28 for standard, so you'd need to add a bit more for chilli almonds over normal and dried morello cherries over normal etc. Say 1.75. So, I'm paying just over a quid each week (I would usually buy a bag of dried fruit/nuts anwyay), for delivery to my desk and variety. Worth it imo.

Unless they send olives.

Looking at the picture it's hard to make out the weight, but it looks like you get less than 150g for £2.99 at Graze.

Go here instead....

http://www.hbsfoods.co.uk/acatalog/

where you get similarly dried tidbits from £1.56 a kilogram.

Not the same service though? Thats just an online shop and they dont do chilli almonds ;)

Looking at the picture it's hard to make out the weight, but it looks like you get less than 150g for £2.99 at Graze.

Go here instead....

http://www.hbsfoods.co.uk/acatalog/

where you get similarly dried tidbits from £1.56 a kilogram.

Not the same service though? Thats just an online shop and they dont do chilli almonds :razz:

As far as i can tell, Graze is an online shop where you don't actually get to choose what you're buying.

;)