Ructions at Liverpool

Park Life

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours have been circulating over the last couple of days that Gerrrah has had enough.....The end for Benny?

I would to see those bastards in the Championship. Norwegian airlines would have the receivers signs up before you could say Justice For The 96.

Edited by Stevie

Rafa will get the sack and Gerrard and Torres will leave, leaving liverpool in an almighty shithole....they are on the brink of a catastrophic demise imo.

Nice.

Debt racking up by the week as well.

I'd heard last week (dont remember where now) that with the crippling state of the clubs finances the owners can't afford to sack benitez, hes on a long and very lucrative contract isn't he? it would cost them a fortune

I'd heard last week (dont remember where now) that with the crippling state of the clubs finances the owners can't afford to sack benitez, hes on a long and very lucrative contract isn't he? it would cost them a fortune

If the crowds drop and the chanting starts he'll be out.

Don't think for one second they'll sack Benitez. If for no other reason, they won't be able to afford the compensation. I think there's more to it than that though and deep down the issue is with the squad rather than the manager and it's no secret that the issue is with the wage bill rather than necessarily the transfer fund hence why he's spunking upwards of £15m on the odd player here and there rather than buying 4 or 5 for £5m a piece.

Can't see Gerrard going either - he is to Liverpool what Shearer was to us and lets face it, he'd never have left us no matter how shit it had got.

Torres I think will go but I think it'll be more the decision of the club than the player.

the thing is, if the club accept a bid for gerrard, will he stay?

I don't think he will on loyalty, maybe if whoever doesn't meet his demands

If he was ever going to leave I think he'd have completed the move to Chelsea 4 years ago. Can't see it happening now, he'll finish his career there no matter how shite they may become.

Don't think for one second they'll sack Benitez. If for no other reason, they won't be able to afford the compensation. I think there's more to it than that though and deep down the issue is with the squad rather than the manager and it's no secret that the issue is with the wage bill rather than necessarily the transfer fund hence why he's spunking upwards of £15m on the odd player here and there rather than buying 4 or 5 for £5m a piece.

Can't see Gerrard going either - he is to Liverpool what Shearer was to us and lets face it, he'd never have left us no matter how shit it had got.

Torres I think will go but I think it'll be more the decision of the club than the player.

It's Benitez fault the squad is shite. 12 of the 14 who played in their CL win were already there when he arrived. His appalling transfer record (with the exception of Torres) has been responsible for the squad being gradually weakened the longer he has been there, as well as an absolute fortune being wasted. Their spending is second only to Man City over the last three transfer windows.

It's Benitez fault the squad is shite. 12 of the 14 who played in their CL win were already there when he arrived. His appalling transfer record (with the exception of Torres) has been responsible for the squad being gradually weakened the longer he has been there, as well as an absolute fortune being wasted. Their spending is second only to Man City over the last three transfer windows.

this

Benitez's signings have been dreadful. £20million on Keane then sell him 6 months down the line for half the ammount? Aquilani 20m?? Babel 12m?? not a fantastic record at all.

this

Benitez's signings have been dreadful. £20million on Keane then sell him 6 months down the line for half the ammount? Aquilani 20m?? Babel 12m?? not a fantastic record at all.

Also tends to buy allrounders that don't stand out rather than position specific players.

this

I think it's well known that Keane being signed was nothing to do with Benitez. I agree that many of his signings have been largely average but I've been told by various sources that he's been told to reduce the number of playing personnel. Evidently doesn't look good on the Yank's balance sheet...

this

I think it's well known that Keane being signed was nothing to do with Benitez. I agree that many of his signings have been largely average but I've been told by various sources that he's been told to reduce the number of playing personnel. Evidently doesn't look good on the Yank's balance sheet...

This is the other side of the coin, and it may also need pointing out that they're only four points off 4th place, and Villa,Spurs and Citeh are about as consistant as Derek Llambias. On paper the other 3 may have better squads, but none of them have two individuals as good as Torres and Gerrard. Getting them fit (neither have been all season, the main reason for their poor run) and getting on a run in the last couple of months of the season will see them there of there abouts. It may be irrelevent in any case, as the Yanks are skint and a buyer with the level of finance to sack Benitez & co, hire a new man and build a squad,not to mention a new stadium just isnt out there. Hicks, Gillette and Benitez are stuck with each other.

This is the other side of the coin, and it may also need pointing out that they're only four points off 4th place, and Villa,Spurs and Citeh are about as consistant as Derek Llambias. On paper the other 3 may have better squads, but none of them have two individuals as good as Torres and Gerrard. Getting them fit (neither have been all season, the main reason for their poor run) and getting on a run in the last couple of months of the season will see them there of there abouts. It may be irrelevent in any case, as the Yanks are skint and a buyer with the level of finance to sack Benitez & co, hire a new man and build a squad,not to mention a new stadium just isnt out there. Hicks, Gillette and Benitez are stuck with each other.

Have you heard "The whole is greater than the sum of the parts" saying?

Villa, & Citeh may have "lesser" individual players however they are a good team, villa especially. Milner is having a great season etc. Liverpool have gone on far too much relying on those two IMO.

this

That's what I thought too, however, the fat waiter recently said his plan was to work Barry and Keane together with Gerrard. All working off Torres.

When the Barry deal didn't go through, he was left with Keane. Seems a bit stupid.

Have you heard "The whole is greater than the sum of the parts" saying?

Villa, & Citeh may have "lesser" individual players however they are a good team, villa especially. Milner is having a great season etc. Liverpool have gone on far too much relying on those two IMO.

Yeah but recent history doesnt really bare that out does it? Gerrard and Torres have meant top 4 for a number of years (since 2006?) for Liverpool. I'm not saying thry're going to do it this season, but theres not much to choose between them and the other 3 going for 4th and they've not really done much to suggest that Liverpool are definetly out of the picture,especially when G & T get fit again.

I have a very strong feeling that they'll win today based on nothing other than they're fucking lucky cunts. 11/8 for them at home against Tottenham?? I've backed them anyway. What we're all forgetting is that they are the luckiest club, and luckiest entity humankind has ever known and will emerge smelling of roses eventually.