More comments from N-O

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Put yourself in his position, his forum has been slagged, what do you expect him to post assuming you accept he has a right to post? Are you expecting him to sing the praises of this forum?

58663[/snapback]

I'm making no comments on this whatsoever, and that's not just to disprove the above theory.

TBH I'm totally sick of the whole thing. Comments are made about other websites, it's a fact of life - as I have said before, if you're going to run a website/forum, you've got to accept that you're going to get criticism, no matter how much you don't like it.

People don't like N-O - so what? People don't like Toontastic - so what??

Neither place will die as both will retain a core member base.

As was said from the outset, Toontastic was never intended to be a competitor to Newcastle-Online, it was designed to offer the people who missed what they enjoyed about the original Toontastic/Toon-Chat the opportunity to enjoy it again. That included to some degree a cliquey-ness so I don't think that can be seen as a criticism of the site. I tend to look at it as 'job done'. Sure I'd like to see it a little bit busier but beggars can't be choosers.

If one day it does die, I'll accept it and move on to something new - I've learned things out of doing it so I won't be slitting my wrists.

It won't die though :)

58685[/snapback]

Good post actually.

But how do new members become part of the clique? At some point you surely must want to attract some new members?

58693[/snapback]

You say that as though I don't normally make good posts! :rolleyes::blink:

We do get new members, all the time and a fair few of them post - there's no membership to a clique. TBH, I'd say that I wasn't part of it and more on the periphery. Doesn't stop me posting though, nor does it make me feel like I shouldn't post but then again, I tend to rise above that kind of bullshit.

58697[/snapback]

I've always wanted to be part of the clique. I tried desperately to fit in with different groups; first by joining the GRC, then by slating it. Now I don't think I fit in anywhere. I even dragged dotbum to this site, and he's more part of the clique than me :brrr:

;)

Craig mate, we've got our own clique, and we don't need anyone else. :blush:

58703[/snapback]

You two are the same person aren't you? :icon_lol:

58705[/snapback]

Talk about a gag that's been done to death.... :yes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re the "clique", what exactly is a clique on a message board other than a group of people that share a similar sense of humour? Nobody's excluded as far as I'm concerned, but it's natural that certain people gravitate together, just as in a pub people who get on will sit together and that. If anyone turns up on here it's not like they have to go through an initiation to be accepted or anything - I don't think of any members on here as outsiders or non-members of the "clique".

I'm not sure why the "cliqueyness" is considered such a big criticism tbh.

Put yourself in his position, his forum has been slagged, what do you expect him to post assuming you accept he has a right to post? Are you expecting him to sing the praises of this forum?

58663[/snapback]

I'm making no comments on this whatsoever, and that's not just to disprove the above theory.

TBH I'm totally sick of the whole thing. Comments are made about other websites, it's a fact of life - as I have said before, if you're going to run a website/forum, you've got to accept that you're going to get criticism, no matter how much you don't like it.

As was said from the outset, Toontastic was never intended to be a competitor to Newcastle-Online, it was designed to offer the people who missed what they enjoyed about the original Toontastic/Toon-Chat the opportunity to enjoy it again. That included to some degree a cliquey-ness so I don't think that can be seen as a criticism of the site. I tend to look at it as 'job done'. Sure I'd like to see it a little bit busier but beggars can't be choosers.

If one day it does die, I'll accept it and move on to something new - I've learned things out of doing it so I won't be slitting my wrists.

It won't die though :yes

58685[/snapback]

Good post actually.

But how do new members become part of the clique? At some point you surely must want to attract some new members?

58693[/snapback]

You say that as though I don't normally make good posts! :rolleyes::)

We do get new members, all the time and a fair few of them post - there's no membership to a clique. TBH, I'd say that I wasn't part of it and more on the periphery. Doesn't stop me posting though, nor does it make me feel like I shouldn't post but then again, I tend to rise above that kind of bullshit.

58697[/snapback]

Skidmarks up to your eyeballs tbh.

58700[/snapback]

You been smearing your arse again? ;)

:blink:

58706[/snapback]

No, its just the way I walk.

58707[/snapback]

Must be a killer when you get a hard-on! :icon_lol:

58663[/snapback]

It won't die though :yes

58685[/snapback]

Good post actually.

58693[/snapback]

You say that as though I don't normally make good posts! :rolleyes::blink:

58697[/snapback]

I've always wanted to be part of the clique. I tried desperately to fit in with different groups; first by joining the GRC, then by slating it. Now I don't think I fit in anywhere. I even dragged dotbum to this site, and he's more part of the clique than me :blush:

;)

58703[/snapback]

You two are the same person aren't you? :icon_lol:

58705[/snapback]

Talk about a gag that's been done to death.... :brrr:

58708[/snapback]

Sorry. Am I out the clique now? :(:)

58663[/snapback]

It won't die though :brrr:

58685[/snapback]

Good post actually.

58693[/snapback]

You say that as though I don't normally make good posts! :rolleyes::icon_lol:

58697[/snapback]

I've always wanted to be part of the clique. I tried desperately to fit in with different groups; first by joining the GRC, then by slating it. Now I don't think I fit in anywhere. I even dragged dotbum to this site, and he's more part of the clique than me :(

58703[/snapback]

You two are the same person aren't you? :)

58705[/snapback]

Talk about a gag that's been done to death.... :blush:

58708[/snapback]

Sorry. Am I out the clique now? :blush::yes

58712[/snapback]

So you got in it, but I didn't? ;)

58663[/snapback]

It won't die though :blush:

58685[/snapback]

Good post actually.

58693[/snapback]

You say that as though I don't normally make good posts! :rolleyes::icon_lol:

58697[/snapback]

I've always wanted to be part of the clique. I tried desperately to fit in with different groups; first by joining the GRC, then by slating it. Now I don't think I fit in anywhere. I even dragged dotbum to this site, and he's more part of the clique than me :blush:

58703[/snapback]

You two are the same person aren't you? :)

58705[/snapback]

Talk about a gag that's been done to death.... :(

58708[/snapback]

Sorry. Am I out the clique now? :blush::yes

58712[/snapback]

So you got in it, but I didn't? ;)

58713[/snapback]

I know, standards dropping. :brrr:

Worst. Thread. Ever.

All I want to know is, has Gemmill forgiven the tortoise thief or does he still hold it against him?

58710[/snapback]

I'm glad someone picked up on me pouring my heart out about that scarring moment from my childhood. :rolleyes: Aye, he was forgiven when he bought me and my sister our first car to share. Even though it was only an old Fiat Panda - he probably got more selling the tortoise than it cost him, come to think of it.

Worst. Thread. Ever.

All I want to know is, has Gemmill forgiven the tortoise thief or does he still hold it against him?

58710[/snapback]

I'm glad someone picked up on me pouring my heart out about that scarring moment from my childhood. :rolleyes: Aye, he was forgiven when he bought me and my sister our first car to share. Even though it was only an old Fiat Panda - he probably got more selling the tortoise than it cost him, come to think of it.

58715[/snapback]

I bet you can never see his face now without thinking of that little tortoises head.

Worst. Thread. Ever.

58710[/snapback]

I'm glad someone picked up on me pouring my heart out about that scarring moment from my childhood. ;) Aye, he was forgiven when he bought me and my sister our first car to share. Even though it was only an old Fiat Panda - he probably got more selling the tortoise than it cost him, come to think of it.

58715[/snapback]

I bet you can never see his face now without thinking of that little tortoises head.

58717[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Despite what you say HTT, it's obvious to most (be it by your words or your tone, but certainly in a clear pattern of behaviour) that you do wish this site every misfortune.

And that really is sad.

Fair do's like.

58674[/snapback]

Obvious to most? Not only must you be a mind reader, but you're also very much wrong. You're the only one to mention it so far like. Re-read the actual thread, word for word, right from the beginning, every post, not just mine.

You'll also notice quite a few of my comments about this place are tounge in cheek and I also later apologised to the owners/mods of the forum for any offence I may have caused in my 'critique' of this place. Stressing that this is my genuine appraisal of the forum. Which BTW, as a member, I have a right to expess (IMO). I'm oldskool too, as I was a member of the original Toon-Chat forum.

At least I'm up front about it and don't use other boards to criticise this place or target individuals or anything like that. I'm actually trying to be helpful, as shallow as that may read.

I've praised this board, some of the members and such too, so it's not as if it's petty or tit for tat because N.O got criticised either.

Anyway, like I said, people who know me enough know I don't hold grudges or anything like that. I might be a pest and many things, but a cunt I'm not.

PS Why oh why do I keep getting drawn into these things. I'll learn one day...

Despite what you say HTT, it's obvious to most (be it by your words or your tone, but certainly in a clear pattern of behaviour) that you do wish this site every misfortune.

And that really is sad.

Fair do's like.

58674[/snapback]

Obvious to most? Not only must you be a mind reader, but you're also very much wrong. You're the only one to mention it so far like. Re-read the actual thread, word for word, right from the beginning, every post, not just mine.

You'll also notice quite a few of my comments about this place are tounge in cheek and I also later apologised to the owners/mods of the forum for any offence I may have caused in my 'critique' of this place. Stressing that this is my genuine appraisal of the forum. Which BTW, as a member, I have a right to expess (IMO). I'm oldskool too, as I was a member of the original Toon-Chat forum.

At least I'm up front about it and don't use other boards to criticise this place or target individuals or anything like that. I'm actually trying to be helpful, as shallow as that may read.

I've praised this board, some of the members and such too, so it's not as if it's petty or tit for tat because N.O got criticised either.

Anyway, like I said, people who know me enough know I don't hold grudges or anything like that. I might be a pest and many things, but a cunt I'm not.

58723[/snapback]

Still think you should have asked Craig and I to design your forum. :rolleyes:

Look at all the oldskool toonchat members coming out of the woodwork. Did someone sound the "toontastic alarm" over on the mod board on N-O? :rolleyes:

Gejon hated that place until he was made an admin. Funny that :icon_lol:

Banter HTL, banter. ;)

58727[/snapback]

Hmm, noticing the thread is coming to a peaceful resolution, so trying to get the fighting starting again to get people posting? :)

Banter, just banter. :blink:

And that really is sad.

Fair do's like.

58674[/snapback]

58723[/snapback]

You (conveniently) cropped the first paragraph out of that quote, so I'll repeat it if I may:

The point is though, (and the key difference) is that if there was criticism of this site on your site, I honestly couldnt give a monkeys toss! That's because I would see it as utterly fucking irrelevant to any problems with the current toontastic format.

With respect, thats the bit you cant answer.

If someone criticised this forum/poster on N-O then what the fuck could I possibly care? You clearly do however and thats what precipitates your responses. The state of toontastic is utterly fucking irrelevant to criticisms of N-O!!!!!!!! Why comment on toontastic then? Theres only one explanation in spte of any goodwill you might try to lay claim to.

Throw a six and move on mate.

Look at all the oldskool toonchat members coming out of the woodwork. Did someone sound the "toontastic alarm" over on the mod board on N-O? :rolleyes:

Gejon hated that place until he was made an admin. Funny that :)

Banter HTL, banter. ;)

58727[/snapback]

Hmm, noticing the thread is coming to a peaceful resolution, so trying to get the fighting starting again to get people posting? :yes

Banter, just banter. :icon_lol:

58731[/snapback]

Absolutely. It only went peaceful because HTL went to find some more comments about Luque once using his left hand to pick up a cake (or something like that)

clique n.  A small exclusive group of friends or associates.

What is a NUFC internet messageboard for if its not for a group of Newcastle fans to chat, make each other laugh, debate and associate?

58733[/snapback]

Pwecisely. As Carol Thatcher would say.

And that really is sad.

Fair do's like.

58674[/snapback]

58723[/snapback]

You (conveniently) cropped the first paragraph out of that quote, so I'll repeat it if I may:

The point is though, (and the key difference) is that if there was criticism of this site on your site, I honestly couldnt give a monkeys toss! That's because I would see it as utterly fucking irrelevant to any problems with the current toontastic format.

If someone criticised this forum/poster on N-O then what the fuck could I possibly care? You clearly do however and thats what precipitates your responses. The state of toontastic is utterly fucking irrelevant to criticisms of N-O!!!!!!!! Why comment on toontastic then? Theres only one explanation in spte of any goodwill you might try to lay claim to.

58734[/snapback]

Oh god, yet more. :rolleyes:

And that really is sad.

Fair do's like.

58674[/snapback]

58723[/snapback]

58734[/snapback]

Oh god, yet more. :rolleyes:

58740[/snapback]

Shut it Daniel, you vermin!

clique n.  A small exclusive group of friends or associates.

What is a NUFC internet messageboard for if its not for a group of Newcastle fans to chat, make each other laugh, debate and associate?

58733[/snapback]

Pwecisely. As Carol Thatcher would say.

58738[/snapback]

You're watching that shite? :rolleyes:

That's it, you're out of the clique ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.