HTC Hero-Anyone got one

Jusoda Kid

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Insider
I've done a canny bit of research of the last couple of days and from waht I can tell the only real flaws is the camera being a bit shaky and not having a flash (neither has the iphone). Theres around 80 reviews on the gadget show site and I would say 95% are very positive with a lot claiming it to be real contender if not better in some areas than the iphone, and you know how people suck themselves off over that.

I've got unlimited internet usage (500mb), 900 minutes any time and unlimited texts for £30 a month which pisses all over any of the contracts the iphone offers, the insurance alone was £12 on the iphone.

J69 + homies

I've done a canny bit of research of the last couple of days and from waht I can tell the only real flaws is the camera being a bit shaky and not having a flash (neither has the iphone). Theres around 80 reviews on the gadget show site and I would say 95% are very positive with a lot claiming it to be real contender if not better in some areas than the iphone, and you know how people suck themselves off over that.

I've got unlimited internet usage (500mb), 900 minutes any time and unlimited texts for £30 a month which pisses all over any of the contracts the iphone offers, the insurance alone was £12 on the iphone.

J69 + homies

Been waiting for that prick to appear and give it the big one, especially considering the shit I gave him in the iphone thread. Just checked his last activity though and it was the 10th of December, someone huffed the little mince again?

I'm keeping it real with a Nokia 6500 classic since my N96 broke, the 6500 is the best looking phone ive had i reckon.

Still waiting on my insurance i get on my phone from my bank account to get back to me to sort the N96, anyone claimed for their phone through insurance via their bank? Wondering whether they'll get me to send it off to vodafone to see if it can be fixed or back to Nokia given its within its 24 month warrenty.

What actually is the point of all these gizmos?

the government and company’s can track your ever move and record all your conversations.

Speaking of which, my gym are installing a new access system which scans your finger. Parky would go fucking nuts :lol:

What's happenning to this world!!11 :)

The Missus has a HTC (Tattoo)... Utter bag of wank!!!

Apps cause the phone to crash, fuck up address books and require a restore that wipes everything off it.

Can't understand anyone buying anything other than an iphone regardless of the costs.

if you dont have an iphone you may as well not have a phone at all.

You should also be beaten, stripped naked and buggered in the street by a pack of horny donkeys as punishment!

Apps cause the phone to crash, fuck up address books and require a restore that wipes everything off it.

Can't understand anyone buying anything other than an iphone regardless of the costs.

You should also be beaten, stripped naked and buggered in the street by a pack of horny donkeys as punishment!

do you live in the real world?

Ah the lifeforece revealed.

Yes, and in the real world its way ahead of anything else on the market. The missus pays £25 a month for what is an absolute bag of cack... I pay £45 and have games, sky sports, and a million other great things.

I can understand someone buying a shite cheap phone if all they do is text and call people, thats fair dos'... but I really for the life of me can't understand anyone who buys an "iphone equivalant".

Yes, and in the real world its way ahead of anything else on the market. The missus pays £25 a month for what is an absolute bag of cack... I pay £45 and have games, sky sports, and a million other great things.

I can understand someone buying a shite cheap phone if all they do is text and call people, thats fair dos'... but I really for the life of me can't understand anyone who buys an "iphone equivalant".

You could invest that £500+ quid a year?? Just a thought.

You could invest that £500+ quid a year?? Just a thought.

True but I'd still need a mobile phone, so even a shite phone on a crap contract would cost me upwards of £20 a month... so then you're down to a saving of £300 which is still decent admitedly.

However I travel a lot for work so inbetween appointments my phone is a god send as it keeps me occupied.

Still my plan is to stick with the phone I have once my contract is up and get them to drop the monthly price to £20 if I dont take an upgrade.

so what you're saying is that everyone should have an iphone regardless of cost(whether that can afford £45 a month or not) because its far better than paying less money for a "less good"(in your opinion) phone but you don't do this and instead pay less for a less good phone which you're perfectly happy with

are you sure about that real world thing?

maybe because the dont cost 45 fucking quid a month

you realise that that is a lot of money for a lot of people right?

Indeed, but you get what you pay for.

Everyone I know who's bought an "Iphone Equivalent" has been massively disappointed, so i'd rather pay the extra and have a phone that does everything its supposed to.

The way i look at it its an Iphone for £45 or just get a normal bog standard phone that isn't pretending to be an Iphone and failing miserably for as cheap as possible.

Iphone equivalents are just awful!

so what you're saying is that everyone should have an iphone regardless of cost(whether that can afford £45 a month or not) because its far better than paying less money for a "less good"(in your opinion) phone but you don't do this and instead pay less for a less good phone which you're perfectly happy with

are you sure about that real world thing?

I'm confussed as to what you're saying here...

But to clarify:

Buy an iphone.

If you can't afford an iphone then dont buy an equivalent just because its cheaper as they are shite. Just buy a normal bog standard mobile that makes calls and texts and save your money.

Fucking hell is this cunt J69 in disguise? What a prick?

The tattoo is meant to be shit like. But tbh I'm surprised you've got a bird at all the way you've wanked yourself silly over the iphone in this thread.

As it happens it came today, just had twenty minutes on it there and it seems bang on, going to take a bit of sussing out to get the best out of it but after messing with my mates iphone previously there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference between them.

Update i n a few days.

Fucking hell is this cunt J69 in disguise? What a prick?

The tattoo is meant to be shit like. But tbh I'm surprised you've got a bird at all the way you've wanked yourself silly over the iphone in this thread.

As it happens it came today, just had twenty minutes on it there and it seems bang on, going to take a bit of sussing out to get the best out of it but after messing with my mates iphone previously there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference between them.

Update i n a few days.

So because someone knows what they're talking about when it comes to technology you're surprised they have a bird? Seriously is that the best insult you can come up with? lol!!!!

Glad you're enjoying your new phone though... keep us updated with how it goes.

Anyways...

My HTC HD2 from work is doing all right.

Struggling with having a touch phone though. text messages/emails are a bit fun at the moment.

Only downside so far is I don't like the inbuilt Facebook app and the battery life seems a bit rubbish.

So because someone knows what they're talking about when it comes to technology

what?!

you've not offered a single piece of technological insight all you've done is spout rampant fanboyism at anyone considering an iphone alt

So because someone knows what they're talking about when it comes to technology

what?!

you've not offered a single piece of technological insight all you've done is spout rampant fanboyism at anyone considering an iphone alt

Not really... the iphone is technologically far more advanced than any of its suiters... You can call it fanboyism all you like but what its actuall called is "fact".

Interface wise there's not a single phone that can hold a candle to it. All the other manufacturers are trying to play catch up and failing. Like I say I know people with iphone equivalents and not one single one is particularly happy with them. I dont know one single person who isn't completely satisfied with their iphone.

There's a saying that the original is always the best, and in this case that stands true.

Everyone I know who has an equivanlent has problems with unresponsive touch screens, crap connectivity, crashing, apps that brick the phone, and many other issues.