HTC Hero-Anyone got one

Jusoda Kid

Thinking of going for one of these after following J69's advice and refusing to be held ransom to the rip off talk plans for the iphone.

So anyone that has got one or used one pipe up, anyone that hasn't, pipe me off!

On the surface the reviews they're getting are spot on and apparently the review they got on the gadget show was very good.

TIA

P.S Save the 'poor mans iphone' comments for J69 eh?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a Windows Mobile device I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole tbh Wacky. We have a shit-load of HTC devices in work running WM6 and quite frankly they're fucking wank - the response times are absolutely abysmal by comparison to other O/Ss.

iPhone aside, Symbian devices are the best mobile devices IMO - that said, I haven't had a look at Google's phone.

If it's a Windows Mobile device I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole tbh Wacky. We have a shit-load of HTC devices in work running WM6 and quite frankly they're fucking wank - the response times are absolutely abysmal by comparison to other O/Ss.

iPhone aside, Symbian devices are the best mobile devices IMO - that said, I haven't had a look at Google's phone.

It's running android craig, meant to be excellent.

I'm getting the HTC HD2 from work.

Droids are meant to be quite good. Is the hero not a bit old now I'm sure their are plenty of new google phones coming out soon might be worth holding out a bit longer.

Droids are meant to be quite good. Is the hero not a bit old now I'm sure their are plenty of new google phones coming out soon might be worth holding out a bit longer.

July last year from what I've read, I may be wrong like.

July last year from what I've read, I may be wrong like.

Thats right, there was the G1 and then the G2. :(

It's running android craig, meant to be excellent.

In that case, go with it - HTC are finally onto something getting away from WinMobile then :(

I haven't had a look at Google's phone.

I haven't tried anything fancy (I have a work Blackberry as my phone) but someone I know has a Google phone and its very impressive. This bloke did have an iPhone and reckons the Google is better.

What actually is the point of all these gizmos?

the government and company’s can track your ever move and record all your conversations.

Speaking of which, my gym are installing a new access system which scans your finger. Parky would go fucking nuts :lol:

Guest Insider

the government and company’s can track your ever move and record all your conversations.

Speaking of which, my gym are installing a new access system which scans your finger. Parky would go fucking nuts :lol:

You go to the gym, we get it man!

god you're a knob

Guest Insider

god you're a knob

Wasn't it you that got Stevie banned?

Burnley? I used to work there... nauseating

I've done a canny bit of research of the last couple of days and from waht I can tell the only real flaws is the camera being a bit shaky and not having a flash (neither has the iphone). Theres around 80 reviews on the gadget show site and I would say 95% are very positive with a lot claiming it to be real contender if not better in some areas than the iphone, and you know how people suck themselves off over that.

I've got unlimited internet usage (500mb), 900 minutes any time and unlimited texts for £30 a month which pisses all over any of the contracts the iphone offers, the insurance alone was £12 on the iphone.