NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

I hope someone has tagged William Storey in the comments 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

apologies if already posted elsewhere, but...

came at the time I started to really 'get' football as opposed to just being taken along to matches with the old man. my first genuine newcastle hero, fucking idolised him, loved singing his songs and can remember with absolute clarity the fucking pandemonium and surges down the leazes end terrace when he scored.

supermac,    :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

apologies if already posted elsewhere, but...

came at the time I started to really 'get' football as opposed to just being taken along to matches with the old man. my first genuine newcastle hero, fucking idolised him, loved singing his songs and can remember with absolute clarity the fucking pandemonium and surges down the leazes end terrace when he scored.

supermac,    :)

Before my time but I'd have loved to have been in the old leazes watching him. :good:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Before my time but I'd have loved to have been in the old leazes watching him. :good:

found this picture a few days ago of the east stand when it was first built.

I remember the yellow fences vividly as a kid 11 years old. me old man didn't approve of sweary songs or boot boys at the time so he'd take me in the gallowgate and put me at the front while he moved further back. course the leazes was like a magnet for the hardest kid in the first year at senior school whose feet had just grown big enough for his first pair of doctor martens. I'd climb over all the barriers before kick off to get in to the leazes once he'd gone and then have to work me way back before the final whistle.

happy days!   :lol:

newcastle-united-st-james-park-east-stand-1-1970s-legendary-football-grounds.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My last season standing was 93-94 but it was in the milburn paddocks near the gallowgate so not the best place to be, season before was amazing, usually in the corner. So I've had a decade of terrace football, then thirty years of football in an all seater stadium, (when I could go, for different reasons). The first decade wasn't always pretty, football was at it's lowest ebb but that was far more 'real' and had far more in common with the previous thirty years than the thirty years that came after it. Not saying things wouldn't or didn't need to move on but there's no question in my mind that I felt I had more in common with the people around me then than I do now by a country mile.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

My last season standing was 93-94 but it was in the milburn paddocks near the gallowgate so not the best place to be, season before was amazing, usually in the corner. So I've had a decade of terrace football, then thirty years of football in an all seater stadium, (when I could go, for different reasons). The first decade wasn't always pretty, football was at it's lowest ebb but that was far more 'real' and had far more in common with the previous thirty years than the thirty years that came after it. Not saying things wouldn't or didn't need to move on but there's no question in my mind that I felt I had more in common with the people around me then than I do now by a country mile.

amen mate.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

If only that goal against Leicester had been filmed. Still the best goal I ever saw

aye.

mind you, could be worse, the bolton replay one might've been missed too.

I could watch it all day!  :) 

• Like 1