NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

Yeah reports were apparently mixed, same for Mark McGee who we had a season or two before?… 

Once he’d learned his trade I think Harford was perfect for 80s route 1 merchants. Double hard bastard, even those cheeky chappy/cunt head bullies at Plough Lane thought twice about the usual “initiation “ bullshit they liked to pull with new players when big Mick turned up :cuppa:

2nd best mackem ever after Lauren Laverne, third is Frankie Stubbs from Leatherface :good: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah reports were apparently mixed, same for Mark McGee who we had a season or two before?… 

Once he’d learned his trade I think Harford was perfect for 80s route 1 merchants. Double hard bastard, even those cheeky chappy/cunt head bullies at Plough Lane thought twice about the usual “initiation “ bullshit they liked to pull with new players when big Mick turned up :cuppa:

2nd best mackem ever after Lauren Laverne, third is Frankie Stubbs from Leatherface :good: 

Vinnie Jones was meant to be shit-scared of Harford. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Vinnie Jones was meant to be shit-scared of Harford. 

Can't say I saw much of him, but from what I've heard, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who wasn't

27 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Can't say I saw much of him, but from what I've heard, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who wasn't

Aye, this relates to when they were both at Wimbledon in Jones’ second spell there. Harford and Billy Whitehurst would’ve been a canny fight 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

the lad immediately left of the downward row of 3 far right went on to become the crazy dude from late 70s band darts.

download.jpeg.jpg.7bc38d075f63e0bd04b6672f69727caf.jpg

I’ve got (very vague) recollections of them 

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ve got (very vague) recollections of them 

I fuckin loved Darts as a kid…. I was bought this, think it’s brilliant to this day …look out for big Den right at the start :thumbup: 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I fuckin loved Darts as a kid…. I was bought this, think it’s brilliant to this day …look out for big Den right at the start :thumbup: 

aye, really polished band.

showaddywaddy, mud, the rubettes were all doing late 50s/early 60s revival type stuff, but darts were in a different league.

• Like 2

I always thought he was just the comedy element in the band, but reading through his wiki, he formed the band, wrote the songs, did the arrangements etc. 

Which probably explains why he could act like a hopped-up chimp on stage, without getting peddled, as it was his band. :lol:

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...