Macclesfield manager Keith Alexander dies

Craig

Macclesfield Town have announced that manager Keith Alexander has died at the age of 53.

Alexander, who suffered a brain aneurysm in November 2003, passed away after arriving home last night from the League Two match at Notts County.

He had recently returned to work after taking time out because of illness.

"Keith was a splendid man. He will be sorely missed at the Moss Rose and by everyone involved in football," read a club statement.

"Our thoughts and sympathies are with his family at this very difficult time."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...own/8547410.stm

RIP :icon_lol:

Guest Barrack Road

RIP

At dinner time I listened to SSN, some Ilkeston Town fan was on, it was one of his first jobs, saying he used to chat to him after games and seem interested in the supporters despite 1000 plus being there, and five years after he left and was manager at Lincoln, he saw this lad in Nottingham City Centre, went over and spoke to him asked him how he was doing and remembered his name. Sad loss to the world.

RIP..

Scary though. I am 55 and I have been to about 5 funerals in the last 10 years of people who were in their early 50's.

Aye, I remember my dad saying the same when he was in his early to mid 50s, friends and acquaintances popping their clogs all over the place for little to no good reason. Seems to be a hotspot for it, if you make it past that then you'll tend to make it a good while longer. Scary stuff.

RIP Keith Alexander - seemed like one of the good guys.

My dad died 8 years ago at the age of 52 after being diagnosed with motor neurone disease. He would have been 60 this year. There is no known cause where the disease came from that attacks the upper and lower nurones, which control voluntary muscle activity, such as speaking, swallowing, breathing and walking.

RIP Keith :icon_lol:

Edited by Geordie Boyo

RIP..

Scary though. I am 55 and I have been to about 5 funerals in the last 10 years of people who were in their early 50's.

Aye, I remember my dad saying the same when he was in his early to mid 50s, friends and acquaintances popping their clogs all over the place for little to no good reason. Seems to be a hotspot for it, if you make it past that then you'll tend to make it a good while longer. Scary stuff.

RIP Keith Alexander - seemed like one of the good guys.

One of them had a heart bypass at 39 and lived for 12 more years. Always said that every day was a bonus and was a bloke everybody liked. Really sad. Another was the sister of one of my mates who died of cancer last year who was 53.

I'm in good health, generally, I think, but you start to wonder what is round the corner.

RIP again. All of them.