General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From BBC

Liberal Democrat sources have told the BBC's Jon Sopel that Gordon Brown delivered a diatribe laced with threats when he spoke to Nick Clegg last night by phone. It was in sharp contrast to the respectful and constructive talk between David Cameron and Mr Clegg, they added.

If true...

“there are conflicting reports about the conversation, with one senior Lib Dem source saying Mr Brown had ranted at Mr Clegg and another telling the BBC it had been a perfectly amicable conversation”

BBC

Sounds like the LibDems are split on what to do. I think the best option would be for Brown to stand down and let the Conservatives try being a minority government. The opposition could then vote down their stupid emergency budget and some kind of common sense would have to be applied instead of the current self serving crap.

Edited by Problem Child

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had labour got back in they were about to introduce the job tax to the hardest hit. Is that fair? Could they not have found that money from the rich by higher taxes or lowering inheritance tax?

You mean the national insurance rise for those earning over £20k? Not exactly the hardest hit group.

But yeah, getting more money from the rich would be a good idea. May I propose raising income tax to 50% for those earning over £150k? Now, if only someone in politics would try and implement that idea. :)

Aye, but at the same time we don't want to hurt the super rich too much so perhaps we should raise inheritance tax to a million quid? That's seems nice and fair.

From BBC

Liberal Democrat sources have told the BBC's Jon Sopel that Gordon Brown delivered a diatribe laced with threats when he spoke to Nick Clegg last night by phone. It was in sharp contrast to the respectful and constructive talk between David Cameron and Mr Clegg, they added.

If true...

“there are conflicting reports about the conversation, with one senior Lib Dem source saying Mr Brown had ranted at Mr Clegg and another telling the BBC it had been a perfectly amicable conversation”

BBC

Sounds like the LibDems are split on what to do. I think the best option would be for Brown to stand down and let the Conservatives try being a minority government. The opposition could then vote down their stupid emergency budget and some kind of common sense would have to be applied instead of the current self serving crap.

Agreed.

:)
Monkeys Fist

Incidentally, when the jobs start going, and the roads start falling to bits , the Taxi trade usually suffers

The jobs have long gone, the roads are fucked and the Taxi trade like most trades has suffered! That is why Labour has just been kicked out. :(

But they haven’t been kicked out have they? The electorate has voted, and what they’ve said is we're not that keen on The Labour Party but don’t have much confidence in the Conservatives either. Why is that CT, why have the Tory's failed to convince enough people that they’re a better option than the Labour Party?

all the scots keeping the Tories out and filling our parliament with mps who want fuck all to do with us.

:(
Monkeys Fist

Incidentally, when the jobs start going, and the roads start falling to bits , the Taxi trade usually suffers

The jobs have long gone, the roads are fucked and the Taxi trade like most trades has suffered! That is why Labour has just been kicked out. :icon_lol:

But they haven’t been kicked out have they? The electorate has voted, and what they’ve said is we're not that keen on The Labour Party but don’t have much confidence in the Conservatives either. Why is that CT, why have the Tory's failed to convince enough people that they’re a better option than the Labour Party?

all the scots keeping the Tories out and filling our parliament with mps who want fuck all to do with us.

:) Scottish Labour MPs want nothing to do with the UK? Or the Scottish public? Why don't they join or vote for the SNP then?

I'd remind you there's not a single tory in the North East either and very few in most Northern conurbations. The people you live amongst are the same people you have been patronising and slurring for the past few weeks, do you never feel like a complete twat?

Fuck me what a whiner. :(

Jesus you've turned into a complete tool over the last few months.

What went wrong?

Whereas you have been a tool since day one. :)

What went wrong?

:icon_lol:

In all seriousness you have been though, you know what the overiding opinion of this board and region is towards the Conservatives, and you know that people are legitimately afraid of their livelihoods under them (for good reason after what Cameron has stated). Yet you have been on an almost constant wind up, if that doesn't make you a twat I don't know what does. :rolleyes:

What went wrong?

In all seriousness you have been though, you know what the overiding opinion of this board and region is towards the Conservatives, and you know that people are legitimately afraid of their livelihoods under them (for good reason after what Cameron has stated). Yet you have been on an almost constant wind up, if that doesn't make you a twat I don't know what does. :rolleyes:

What went wrong?

I think your posts usually reveal there's quite a lot you don't know.

I think your posts usually reveal there's quite a lot you don't know.

I agree, I'm not a career politician after all. I think your posts also demonstrate ignorance, like the ones you have posted today. Do you agree?

at first i thought a con-lib pact would never work - their manifestos are just too different.

but cameron reminds me a lot of blair, who famously compromised a lot to get into power. i wonder if cameron will truly modernise the tories in order to form a coalition government with clegg. he's not going to give them the electoral reform that brown is offering but he may radically alter the tory position, alienating the right wing loonies and losing a few voters to the bnp and ukip but ultimately making them more electable long term.

and although brown is dangling the pr referendum carrot in front of cameron, i imagine any lib-lab colation will be done on the prime minister's terms. i can't see him standing down gracefully or compromising as much as cameron might, despite labour having more in common with the lib-dems than the tories do.

the future of mainstream british politics is looking like it could be a centre right party and two centre left parties.

at first i thought a con-lib pact would never work - their manifestos are just too different.

but cameron reminds me a lot of blair, who famously compromised a lot to get into power. i wonder if cameron will truly modernise the tories in order to form a coalition government with clegg. he's not going to give them the electoral reform that brown is offering but he may radically alter the tory position, alienating the right wing loonies and losing a few voters to the bnp and ukip but ultimately making them more electable long term.

and although brown is dangling the pr referendum carrot in front of cameron, i imagine any lib-lab colation will be done on the prime minister's terms. i can't see him standing down gracefully or compromising as much as cameron might, despite labour having more in common with the lib-dems than the tories do.

the future of mainstream british politics is looking like it could be a centre right party and two centre left parties.

Will he fuck.

Cameron has buckets more integrity than Blair.

A con lib pact should work without either side having to give up principles. Most commentators realise the next genera election will not be too far away so it is very reasonable for each party to say they'll put the really disagreeable stuff to one side and mainly concentrate on the here and now of beginning to tackle some of our serious problems, mainly debt.

Things like Trident and immigration are not a priority in the next 12 months.

A con lib pact should work without either side having to give up principles. Most commentators realise the next genera election will not be too far away so it is very reasonable for each party to say they'll put the really disagreeable stuff to one side and mainly concentrate on the here and now of beginning to tackle some of our serious problems, mainly debt.

So how do you know that then CT? :)

I'd like your reponse to my accustation that you are no less ignorant than me, and would like to know why you have been acting the twat, if that's OK.

Also I might add that the immediate disagreeable stuff that can't be put aside is Cameron's 'emergency budget' on immediate cuts. I can't see how the Lib Dems can credibly agree to that.

I'd like your reponse to my accustation that you are no less ignorant than me, and would like to know why you have been acting the twat, if that's OK.

It's just a fact you'll have to get used too. You post too much without little thought for facts or knowledge of the subject. :(

You do it all the time. I think even today you agreed with prob child that libs and labour should try and stop the Tories stupid budget? Do you know the details of it? Has Dave been on the phone?

You are one of these sheep who can only ever see one side of an argument. You don't quite understand politics. You try and take the moral high ground constantly and never see the hypocrisy in your views.

Everything Tory is evil... Cameron must be Evil too :icon_lol:

It's understandable from a hyped up militant student but shouldn't you have grown up by now.

Why not arrange some proper dinner parties with your wifes legal (and probably Tory) high flyer friends and just listen to the grown ups for a bit. :rolleyes:

Edited by Christmas Tree

Also I might add that the immediate disagreeable stuff that can't be put aside is Cameron's 'emergency budget' on immediate cuts. I can't see how the Lib Dems can credibly agree to that.

you really are stupid.

How the fuck do you seriously expect Uk plc to get out of the hideous debt we are in without cuts.

Are you really so fucking stupid?

Did you think the fairies where going to come along.

Honestly, it really does amaze me the stupidity of some of the stuff you say.

Please tell me how labour would get us out of this without savage cuts?

Would they just do it in nasty conservative areas?

Wake up?

It's just a fact you'll have to get used too. You post too much without little thought for facts or knowledge of the subject. :(

You do it all the time. I think even today you agreed with prob child that libs and labour should try and stop the Tories stupid budget? Do you know the details of it? Has Dave been on the phone?

You are one of these sheep who can only ever see one side of an argument. You don't quite understand politics. You try and take the moral high ground constantly and never see the hypocrisy in your views.

It's understandable from a hyped up militant student but shouldn't you have grown up by now.

Why not arrange some proper dinner parties with your wires legal (and probably Tory) high flyers and just listen to the grown ups for a bit. :rolleyes:

Well, the immediate tory cuts following an emergency budget have been published in their manifesto and this is an approach the Lib Dems, in common with Labour, have objected to. The reason being there is concern this could tip us right back into recession, and it's a risk not worth taking. All this information is published so I don't know why you think I'd have to talk to Cameron personally to make comment on it? Pathetic of you to say that really.

As for the rest, I don't know which is worse - your own staggering hypocrisy, your patronising tone, or your sheer lack of self awareness regarding these. I'll ignore the personal jibes though and just let you get on with what you do best - making a twat of yourself. You really do remind me of cockney wanker from Viz actually, I'm sure you'd be much more at home driving a cab for 'loadsamoney' in London and posting on a Spurs board.

Why not arrange some proper dinner parties with your wifes legal (and probably Tory) high flyer friends and just listen to the grown ups for a bit. :rolleyes:

Has he been on the phone to you?

The Conservatives policies aren’t clear but if you scratch beneath the sound bites what you find is the same old principles. Tax breaks for private business, less support for the disadvantaged and jingoistic tub thumping. It didn’t work last time and it won’t work this time. The only difference is that this time they won’t be able to sell off the nation’s assets to hide the damage being inflicted on the foundations of our society.

Bahhhh.