General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CT, do you realise that everything you accuse Renton of, you're guilty yourself.

Cheap shot, I'm hurt. :)

No, it's not. Was just saying that peoples in glass houses etc. etc.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at first i thought a con-lib pact would never work - their manifestos are just too different.

but cameron reminds me a lot of blair, who famously compromised a lot to get into power. i wonder if cameron will truly modernise the tories in order to form a coalition government with clegg. he's not going to give them the electoral reform that brown is offering but he may radically alter the tory position, alienating the right wing loonies and losing a few voters to the bnp and ukip but ultimately making them more electable long term.

and although brown is dangling the pr referendum carrot in front of cameron, i imagine any lib-lab colation will be done on the prime minister's terms. i can't see him standing down gracefully or compromising as much as cameron might, despite labour having more in common with the lib-dems than the tories do.

the future of mainstream british politics is looking like it could be a centre right party and two centre left parties.

Cameron has buckets more integrity than Blair.

A con lib pact should work without either side having to give up principles. Most commentators realise the next genera election will not be too far away so it is very reasonable for each party to say they'll put the really disagreeable stuff to one side and mainly concentrate on the here and now of beginning to tackle some of our serious problems, mainly debt.

Things like Trident and immigration are not a priority in the next 12 months.

Also I might add that the immediate disagreeable stuff that can't be put aside is Cameron's 'emergency budget' on immediate cuts. I can't see how the Lib Dems can credibly agree to that.

you really are stupid.

How the fuck do you seriously expect Uk plc to get out of the hideous debt we are in without cuts.

Are you really so fucking stupid?

Did you think the fairies where going to come along.

Honestly, it really does amaze me the stupidity of some of the stuff you say.

Please tell me how labour would get us out of this without savage cuts?

Would they just do it in nasty conservative areas?

Wake up?

FFS, read what I said - IMMEDIATE cuts while we are barely in positve economic growth. Of course cuts will have to come, along with tax rises, but only after the economy is growing. The ONLY way to cut the deficit is through economic growth. You tit.

So how do you know that then CT? :)

I'd like your reponse to my accustation that you are no less ignorant than me, and would like to know why you have been acting the twat, if that's OK.

It's just a fact you'll have to get used too. You post too much without little thought for facts or knowledge of the subject. :(

You do it all the time. I think even today you agreed with prob child that libs and labour should try and stop the Tories stupid budget? Do you know the details of it? Has Dave been on the phone?

You are one of these sheep who can only ever see one side of an argument. You don't quite understand politics. You try and take the moral high ground constantly and never see the hypocrisy in your views.

Everything Tory is evil... Cameron must be Evil too :icon_lol:

It's understandable from a hyped up militant student but shouldn't you have grown up by now.

Why not arrange some proper dinner parties with your wires legal (and probably Tory) high flyers and just listen to the grown ups for a bit. :rolleyes:

Well, the immediate tory cuts following an emergency budget have been published in their manifesto and this is an approach the Lib Dems, in common with Labour, have objected to. The reason being there is concern this could tip us right back into recession, and it's a risk not worth taking. All this information is published so I don't know why you think I'd have to talk to Cameron personally to make comment on it? Pathetic of you to say that really.

As for the rest, I don't know which is worse - your own staggering hypocrisy, your patronising tone, or your sheer lack of self awareness regarding these. I'll ignore the personal jibes though and just let you get on with what you do best - making a twat of yourself. You really do remind me of cockney wanker from Viz actually, I'm sure you'd be much more at home driving a cab for 'loadsamoney' in London and posting on a Spurs board.

Ok for once just back up one of your statements. Post me a link where I can see the details of a forthcoming Tory budget. Then like you I will also be able to judge whether it is stupid or not.

Next, rather than once again being a smug smarmy bastard, explain to me how any other party is going to get rid of the debt without big cuts.

at first i thought a con-lib pact would never work - their manifestos are just too different.

but cameron reminds me a lot of blair, who famously compromised a lot to get into power. i wonder if cameron will truly modernise the tories in order to form a coalition government with clegg. he's not going to give them the electoral reform that brown is offering but he may radically alter the tory position, alienating the right wing loonies and losing a few voters to the bnp and ukip but ultimately making them more electable long term.

and although brown is dangling the pr referendum carrot in front of cameron, i imagine any lib-lab colation will be done on the prime minister's terms. i can't see him standing down gracefully or compromising as much as cameron might, despite labour having more in common with the lib-dems than the tories do.

the future of mainstream british politics is looking like it could be a centre right party and two centre left parties.

A con lib pact should work without either side having to give up principles. Most commentators realise the next genera election will not be too far away so it is very reasonable for each party to say they'll put the really disagreeable stuff to one side and mainly concentrate on the here and now of beginning to tackle some of our serious problems, mainly debt.

Also I might add that the immediate disagreeable stuff that can't be put aside is Cameron's 'emergency budget' on immediate cuts. I can't see how the Lib Dems can credibly agree to that.

you really are stupid.

How the fuck do you seriously expect Uk plc to get out of the hideous debt we are in without cuts.

Wake up?

FFS, read what I said - IMMEDIATE cuts while we are barely in positve economic growth. Of course cuts will have to come, along with tax rises, but only after the economy is growing. The ONLY way to cut the deficit is through economic growth. You tit.

Leave it -he's not worth the effort

I'd like your reponse to my accustation that you are no less ignorant than me, and would like to know why you have been acting the twat, if that's OK.

It's just a fact you'll have to get used too. You post too much without little thought for facts or knowledge of the subject. :(

You do it all the time. I think even today you agreed with prob child that libs and labour should try and stop the Tories stupid budget? Do you know the details of it? Has Dave been on the phone?

You are one of these sheep who can only ever see one side of an argument. You don't quite understand politics. You try and take the moral high ground constantly and never see the hypocrisy in your views.

It's understandable from a hyped up militant student but shouldn't you have grown up by now.

Why not arrange some proper dinner parties with your wires legal (and probably Tory) high flyers and just listen to the grown ups for a bit. :rolleyes:

Well, the immediate tory cuts following an emergency budget have been published in their manifesto and this is an approach the Lib Dems, in common with Labour, have objected to. The reason being there is concern this could tip us right back into recession, and it's a risk not worth taking. All this information is published so I don't know why you think I'd have to talk to Cameron personally to make comment on it? Pathetic of you to say that really.

As for the rest, I don't know which is worse - your own staggering hypocrisy, your patronising tone, or your sheer lack of self awareness regarding these. I'll ignore the personal jibes though and just let you get on with what you do best - making a twat of yourself. You really do remind me of cockney wanker from Viz actually, I'm sure you'd be much more at home driving a cab for 'loadsamoney' in London and posting on a Spurs board.

Ok for once just back up one of your statements. Post me a link where I can see the details of a forthcoming Tory budget. Then like you I will also be able to judge whether it is stupid or not.

Next, rather than once again being a smug smarmy bastard, explain to me how any other party is going to get rid of the debt without big cuts.

Read the post above. The argument is about timing and the balance between public sector cuts and tax increases. All parties agree that massive cuts are necessary, and all have been vague about how this can be achieved, although only the Conservatives have been as pathetic to suggest it can be done through reducing 'wastage', which is just dishonest. Still, some people lap this rubbish up, and even claim Cameron has 'integrity'.

As for providing you with links, why? This stuff has been discussed in the media endlessly for days, it was one of the main points of the TV debates. Its in the manifestos. How has it passed you by?

Oh, and I'm smug am I? How you fucking have the brass neck to say that after your pathetic wind up posts yesterday celebrating 'victory' I don't know. You have about as much self awareness as Fop.

you really are stupid.

Wake up?

Leave it -he's not worth the effort

I'm always a sucker for a WUM. :)

you really are stupid.

Wake up?

There’s also the question of what you cut. Axing large numbers of low paid jobs is counterproductive as a large amount of the money saved comes straight back out of the treasury in the form of unemployment benefit, council tax relief, free prescriptions etc.

In the current economic situation it should be about cutting out non essential stuff like public art projects, subsidies for the ballet, ID cards, the NHS computer system, the London Olympics, and all the pointless advisory bodies. There’s also Trident, the House of Lords, the civil list, council executives on £150k+, BBC 3 and 4.

We could also pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Edited by Problem Child

Here’s a question for you CT. Raising the Inheritance Tax threshold from £300k to £1m will take an estimated £1b a year out of the treasuries coffers. How many nurses would have to lose their jobs to make up this deficit?

Edited by Problem Child

Why not arrange some proper dinner parties with your wifes legal (and probably Tory) high flyer friends and just listen to the grown ups for a bit. :rolleyes:

Has he been on the phone to you?

The Conservatives policies aren’t clear but if you scratch beneath the sound bites what you find is the same old principles. Tax breaks for private business, less support for the disadvantaged and jingoistic tub thumping. It didn’t work last time and it won’t work this time. The only difference is that this time they won’t be able to sell off the nation’s assets to hide the damage being inflicted on the foundations of our society.

Bahhhh.

I assume you mean the gold :)

The truth is that the problem with most labour supporters is that if you scratch between the surface they know very little about their own party never mind the Tory party.

you really are stupid.

Wake up?

See this is a very clear example of what you do.

Waiting for economic growth is not the only way and neither is what labour or lib are suggesting. They are suggesting savage cuts too but want to wait a year because , they say, it may jeopardise the recovery. Others may believe they just didn't have the balls to say it going into an election.

However rather than discuss a policy and get to the bottom of it, you just assume you are right, there is only one way and chuck in an insult. I think in the last 24 hours I've had sociapath, twat, tit.

And you wonder what the problem is. :)

Obvious parallels can be drawn between CT coming onto a NUFC board to preach that Ashley is the man of the hour, the promise, the stability etc and coming onto a board dominated by North East liberals to preach that Cameron is the same (and, let's not forget, to tell the current denizens of the board that they are ignorants who don't know their own club/their own party well enough to see the 'truth' in what he's saying.)

Half delusion and half wummery I think. Either way he's a complete loon.

I'd like to think there's an ironic lack of self awareness at work here, but i'm guessing there isn't.

you really are stupid.

Wake up?

Waiting for economic growth is not the only way and neither is what labour or lib are suggesting. They are suggesting savage cuts too but want to wait a year because , they say, it may jeopardise the recovery. Others may believe they just didn't have the balls to say it going into an election.

However rather than discuss a policy and get to the bottom of it, you just assume you are right, there is only one way and chuck in an insult. I think in the last 24 hours I've had sociapath, twat, tit.

And you wonder what the problem is. :(

Actually CT the sociopath comment wasn't aimed at you. And the twat and the tit comments came after you started the juvenile abuse. Witness this very nest of quotes for instance. You called me 'really stupid' because you missed my point entirely. You've also said I'm like a 'hyped up militant student', called me a smug bastard, and generally been as condescending as you can, with nowt to back it up. And now you're suggesting I am the one who chucks insults? :)

Others can see this CT, you can't, what does that tell you?

It's just a fact you'll have to get used too. You post too much without little thought for facts or knowledge of the subject. :icon_lol:

Everything Tory is evil... Cameron must be Evil too :rolleyes:

Why not arrange some proper dinner parties with your wires legal (and probably Tory) high flyers and just listen to the grown ups for a bit. :)

Read the post above. The argument is about timing and the balance between public sector cuts and tax increases. All parties agree that massive cuts are necessary, and all have been vague about how this can be achieved, although only the Conservatives have been as pathetic to suggest it can be done through reducing 'wastage', which is just dishonest. Still, some people lap this rubbish up, and even claim Cameron has 'integrity'.

As for providing you with links, why? This stuff has been discussed in the media endlessly for days, it was one of the main points of the TV debates. Its in the manifestos. How has it passed you by?

Oh, and I'm smug am I? How you fucking have the brass neck to say that after your pathetic wind up posts yesterday celebrating 'victory' I don't know. You have about as much self awareness as Fop.

So that's a no to the link for the budget details :)

As for the wastage remark that was with regard to starting to save money. They didn't say it was all by wastage, hence the cuts.

With regard to the cuts you now agree that labour will make them and have hidden how bad they are going to be. Do you think there cuts are just going to effect non public service items. A clue btw if you do you are in a minority. Most itk commentaors know whoever carries them out they will be savage.

As for the winning remark, now your just being a big cissy. There has been lots of banter, slanting, dodgy you tube videos and nobody but you has had a cry on either side. I am sure the labour supporters would have crowed like he'll had they won. Some are still crowing because the Tories haven't got a majority.

Do you see me crying.

Ffs man Renton, grow up and get over yourself. :(

you really are stupid.

Wake up?

And you wonder what the problem is. :(

Actually CT the sociopath comment wasn't aimed at you. And the twat and the tit comments came after you started the juvenile abuse. Witness this very nest of quotes for instance. You called me 'really stupid' because you missed my point entirely. You've also said I'm like a 'hyped up militant student', called me a smug bastard, and generally been as condescending as you can, with nowt to back it up. And now you're suggesting I am the one who chucks insults? :)

Have a little read through today's posts and see who through the first insult :icon_lol:

edit

as I'm a Tory and hate waste I'll save you the time

1.57pm twat

1.58pm tool

Now what does that say about you.........

Edited by Christmas Tree

you really are stupid.

Wake up?

And you wonder what the problem is. :icon_lol:

Have a little read through today's posts and see who through the first insult :rolleyes:

edit

1.57pm twat

1.58pm tool

Let's put this in context shall we.

1.57 - 'do you never feel like a complete twat' - not actually calling you a twat, merely asking the question if you felt like one.

1.58 - ''Whereas you have been a tool since day one. :( ' Clearly a joke and in direct response to you calling Parky a tool.

Nothing like your later comments, which were clearly not meant to be funny, and were obviously personal. Not that I give a shit, I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy is quite nauseating, is all.

Why not arrange some proper dinner parties with your wifes legal (and probably Tory) high flyer friends and just listen to the grown ups for a bit. :rolleyes:

Has he been on the phone to you?

The Conservatives policies aren’t clear but if you scratch beneath the sound bites what you find is the same old principles. Tax breaks for private business, less support for the disadvantaged and jingoistic tub thumping. It didn’t work last time and it won’t work this time. The only difference is that this time they won’t be able to sell off the nation’s assets to hide the damage being inflicted on the foundations of our society.

Bahhhh.

I assume you mean the gold :)

The truth is that the problem with most labour supporters is that if you scratch between the surface they know very little about their own party never mind the Tory party.

I’m not a labour supporter. Sorry if this doesn’t fit into your blinkered view of the world.

Guest alex
Attention seeker tbh.

Do CT and Fop's times on here overlap? The attention seeking, devils advocate in extremis, wummery traits are certainly similar.

They're not the same person like. I'm pretty sure of that. Fop, for all his faults had a bit of nouse :)

you really are stupid.

Wake up?

And you wonder what the problem is. :icon_lol:

Have a little read through today's posts and see who through the first insult :rolleyes:

edit

1.57pm twat

1.58pm tool

Let's put this in context shall we.

1.57 - 'do you never feel like a complete twat' - not actually calling you a twat, merely asking the question if you felt like one.

1.58 - ''Whereas you have been a tool since day one. :( ' Clearly a joke and in direct response to you calling Parky a tool.

Nothing like your later comments, which were clearly not meant to be funny, and were obviously personal. Not that I give a shit, I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy is quite nauseating, is all.

Missed out 2.26 pm and 2.56pm......showed great restraint and maturity really.

you really are stupid.

Wake up?

Nurse!!

The patient is fitting- hissy fitting.

Euthanase him pleeeeease.

:)

I must admit, I thought the Tories would win outright. A shared govt with the Lib Dems might stop them implementing some of their policies, particularly this inheritance tax rubbish the greedy twats made one of their main priorities.

That was Mike Ashley's rationale about NUFC plc the January before we got relegated.

You're wrong about both.

Edited by Happy Face

That was Mike Ashley's rationale about NUFC plc the January before we got relegated.

You're wrong about both.

Leaving nufc to one side, please enlighten me as to how we save enough money to get out of this hideous debt without cuts.