Hangovers

Guest Barrack Road

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed with Ausman. Whenever I've been drinking I have 1-2 glasses of water before sleep and even at the ripe old age of 30 I don't get a headache/hangover the next day. If you do though, there's always Alka-Seltser.

Agreed with Ausman. Whenever I've been drinking I have 1-2 glasses of water before sleep and even at the ripe old age of 30 I don't get a headache/hangover the next day. If you do though, there's always Alka-Seltser.

You're not drinking enough.

Probably true. I dunno, what's a lot these days? I managed 6 pints and a few shots recently and was ok?

I'm on a full bottle of wine tonight - is that enough? :lol:

Yeah I don't drink that much then, I guess... what sort of drinking is hangover territory then?

I'll confess to feeling a bit slow the following day like, it's just that the drinking water bit keeps the headaches away...I've actually never had a headache following alcohol.

Edited by Rayvin

In truth, I'll normally make myself stay awake for at least an hour or so as well as the water. I'm probably just seeing it out and sleeping when I'm less drunk.

It's poison man, as if drinking water cures poison. You wouldn't give a snakebit man a bottle of Evian.

I'm sure the headache comes from dehydration though...?

I can't handle it any more, I generally take at least a day to recover.

I am going out later tonight for a friends birthday, I have taken Monday off in prep.

Only 30 and long gone are the day of getting pissed up on a Thursday and "going" to uni on a Friday.

If I go out full on on a Saturday night I'll need monday off work like :lol:

It's not that I'm suffering but I'll never get a wink of sleep on the Sunday.

I once went to Heaven to see Digweed on a Thursday night (was about 26) and went to work without sleeping. We even had a team lunch. Was absolutely fine.

Used to have massive weekend sessions, finish late Sunday / Monday morning and still go to work. Nowadays if I have 3 pints, am a mess.

Jesus I wish I could do that still stay up all and go to work. Not any more though, Water is the best thing though before you go bed. I haven't had a hangover for about ten years now.