Hangovers

Guest Barrack Road

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate that. it's the same at the hotel buffet breakfast. all the juice you can drink but you have to go straight back to the buffet bar after one gulp because you're forced to drink it through a fucking thimble

:lol: Major pet hate of mine.

They do it deliberately, like. They tease you with a vast selection of juice then set it out in a way to encourage you to drink as little as possible. I usually stand by the juice bar wetting the whistle by downing a couple of glasses before heading back to my table with my thimble. Guaranteed you have to get up again mid breakfast for a top up. #firstworldproblems

I do that as well. Usually have an unnecessary extra one as well if there's someone waiting who doesn't look happy with me.

Feeling incredibly ropey today. Had a couple of drinks on Sunday that turned into a session then was at a funeral yesterday and proceeded to get hammered afterwards.

Might get a takeaway later, I need grease.

I thought of you earlier because I put a woolly hat on. :lol: It might have helped, but I think that was more likely to be the Toffee Crisp I ate around the same time.

I thought of you earlier because I put a woolly hat on. :lol: It might have helped, but I think that was more likely to be the Toffee Crisp I ate around the same time.

Both I reckon

Major sugar hangover today thanks to

91d07d2a-8675-42f5-a734-9362b79fb452.jpg

Might as well have spiced up each bottle with a generous double considering how rough I'm feeling. :glare:

Wouldn't take much for bars to stock a few of them. There must be a fair few non drinkers around these days

Particularly considering where they're actually from (the drinks, I mean, not the teetotalers). Whereas tons of places down here seem to have them these days (the drinks, I mean, not the teetotalers).

Wouldn't take much for bars to stock a few of them. There must be a fair few non drinkers around these days

One of the good things about a bar is that it's unlikely to attract many teetotalers ;)

• 5 weeks later...

:lol:

Look - I was drinking last night and had a headache coming on before I even went to sleep. Stayed up another hour, had a pint and a half of water. Am now fine.

I don't want to second guess the Dutch (cowards, etc), but either Dutch people aren't ingesting water properly, or there are some other factors at play.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/alcohol/Pages/Hangovers.aspx

I have googled this self-contradicting article from the NHS, which advises that there are no cures for hangovers, in the way that your parents once told you that eating sprouts was fundamental to your physical development, before begrudgingly pointing out that actually, having a pint of water before bed will help keep hangovers away.

I'm gonna go full Parky and claim that this is all part of some diabolical (read: well-meaning) plan to stop people from drinking so much.

:lol:

Look - I was drinking last night and had a headache coming on before I even went to sleep. Stayed up another hour, had a pint and a half of water. Am now fine.

I don't want to second guess the Dutch (cowards, etc), but either Dutch people aren't ingesting water properly, or there are some other factors at play.

Anecdotesh are not evidenche. You keep staying up til 3am drinking water though. :lol:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/alcohol/Pages/Hangovers.aspx

I have googled this self-contradicting article from the NHS, which advises that there are no cures for hangovers, in the way that your parents once told you that eating sprouts was fundamental to your physical development, before begrudgingly pointing out that actually, having a pint of water before bed will help keep hangovers away.

I'm gonna go full Parky and claim that this is all part of some diabolical (read: well-meaning) plan to stop people from drinking so much.

Aye, it's like when barbers would tell you to get your hair cut every 6 weeks to get you back in the shop.