Hangovers

Guest Barrack Road

Guest Barrack Road

Was one of my mates stag do's on Saturday 1130 turn out, drank right through for 12 hours, went to the gym in the morning for 40 mins, then literally went to bed and couldn't move till 7pm that night. Woke up on the Monday still feeling fucked, then had about 8 pints in total on the Monday night before during and after the game, Tuesday totally wrecked, to the point I couldn't even think straight, and it's now Wednesday morning, and I'm still a bit fucked. :D

Totally fucks me mentally as much as anything else, especially as I have a few external pressures at the moment, particularly work, fucking me right off. Does anyone else feel this bad when they're smashed, I'm 32 now, and my recovery rates are getting worse, fuck knows what I'll be like at 40! I wish I could have four pints and that's it, but once I'm there I don't want to stop.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only 22 and already I can feel the hangovers getting worse. Can have 4/5 pints on a week night, not get that pissed but wake up as if I've got ten times more drunk. If I have a couple of heavy nights out over the weekend and haven't really recovered by the Tuesday or Wednesday I tend to just feel miserable and get more stressed than usual.

Guest Barrack Road
I'm only 22 and already I can feel the hangovers getting worse. Can have 4/5 pints on a week night, not get that pissed but wake up as if I've got ten times more drunk. If I have a couple of heavy nights out over the weekend and haven't really recovered by the Tuesday or Wednesday I tend to just feel miserable and get more stressed than usual.

Exactly the same as me, and I'm happy most of the time, but I even get fuckin paranoid when I'm fucked, brain can't even focus oh dear, thinking the worst about things it's a horrible feeling.

The reason I got up for the gym was the amount of red bull in my system.

Edited by Barrack Road

I'm 32 as well, my stag do absolutely killed me for 4-5 days.

It did last 3 days and was in Eastern Europe...

I am finding my ability to drink quickly has diminished, I can no longer go out at 8 and have an absolute skinful by closing... Had a bottle and a couple of glasses of red wine last night and a can of lager and feel ropey this morning, young me would have laughed at old me.!!!

I got hammered on Patricks Day, guinness, beers, and cocktails. I rarely get hangovers, but the next day I could barely move. I thought there was something wrong with me. I'm 29 next month and I'm putting it down to age.

I am 41 and heading for a stag do at Aviemore the end of this month. While the rest of the lads who are a bit younger than me are talking of monumental drinking sessions followed by lung bursting mountain biking I have told them I am just looking forward to a nice lie in wher my daughter does not get me up at 6 to watch Mickey Muse Clubhouse and Handy Manny. lol.

I've stopped drinking beer during the week now. Apart from a glass or two of wine once or twice a week, i have cut right down. Mainly due to the impact of age and the increased responsibility at work, a hangover during the week nowadays writes off the next day.

Works not an option for me if I've had a drink the night before. Like you Stevie four pints is no good, I need to go all out so now plan my nights around a days holiday if needed.

I drink to get drunk, not be festive and happy.

I'm 34, and basically can't have any sort of a drink without being a complete mess the next day. To the point where I don't bother with it that much anymore cos I'm not prepared to spend my weekend feeling like shit, and drinking during the week is impossible cos I literally couldn't go into work.

Once your associations of being pissed are more how horrendous you feel the next day than how good you feel on the night, it's not really a hard decision.

Guest Barrack Road
Works not an option for me if I've had a drink the night before. Like you Stevie four pints is no good, I need to go all out so now plan my nights around a days holiday if needed.

I drink to get drunk, not be festive and happy.

:D I just like that feeling of being wrecked and not giving a fuck, but I try to only drink socially, I've seen times I've stopped in watched football all day with a bottle of GM on me own. Fuck that now.

I'm 34, and basically can't have any sort of a drink without being a complete mess the next day. To the point where I don't bother with it that much anymore cos I'm not prepared to spend my weekend feeling like shit, and drinking during the week is impossible cos I literally couldn't go into work.

Once your associations of being pissed are more how horrendous you feel the next day than how good you feel on the night, it's not really a hard decision.

That's the thing for me though feeling physically shit is one thing, I feel mentally fuckin tortured, almost depressed, paranoid, negative about everything, then two days later I'm alright again, and I'm not some manic depressive at all, but drink now or should I say excessive drink, is my 30's equivalent come down of my early 20's e/speed/coke come downs.

It's the effect it has on your sleep that makes you feel miserable and emotional imo. I can watch Schindler's fucking List without a hangover and not even come close to bubbling, but fucking Eastenders can nearly set me off if I'm hungover. :D

Guest Barrack Road
It's the effect it has on your sleep that makes you feel miserable and emotional imo. I can watch Schindler's fucking List without a hangover and not even come close to bubbling, but fucking Eastenders can nearly set me off if I'm hungover. :D

:icon_lol: See I can't even be arsed to watch that type of thing when am wrecked, last night I watched Man Utd, and I spent 20 minutes non stop saying how much I hated Gary Neville. That's not normal behaviour.

The sleep thing is a biggie though, I need eight hours sober or pissed. I'm so jealous of these people who get three hours sleep and seem on top of the world all the time. The thing with drink for me as well, I get 5-6 hours kip, and that's it I can't back to sleep.

:icon_lol: See I can't even be arsed to watch that type of thing when am wrecked, last night I watched Man Utd, and I spent 20 minutes non stop saying how much I hated Gary Neville. That's not normal behaviour.

The sleep thing is a biggie though, I need eight hours sober or pissed. I'm so jealous of these people who get three hours sleep and seem on top of the world all the time. The thing with drink for me as well, I get 5-6 hours kip, and that's it I can't back to sleep.

Isn't it? :angry:

I'm exactly the same. Doesn't matter if I get in at midnight or fucking 3 or 4 in the morning. At 6am I'm wide awake and feeling like shit. Then you have to live through it.

It's not til the afternoon when it's finally died down a bit that I can doze again, having spent the morning bealing at shit romcoms on Sky Movies. :angry: Fuck me I sound like Bridget Jones.

I was hungover today, had an important meeting at 2pm, thought I'd be fine.

Had to take a back seat in the meeting and let my colleague do all the graft.

Hangovers now last many times the few hours of 'pleasure' of being pissed.

It's expensive too. £4 for a can of San Miguel last night, fucking Shoreditch wankers.

I'll not quit like.

Guest Barrack Road

It's expensive too. £4 for a can of San Miguel last night, fucking Shoreditch wankers.

I'll not quit like.

The thing is if you are an ordinary bloke, apart from your family, wife/lass etc.. drink is an integral part of a social life. Perhaps it shouldn't be, but I was having this conversation on Saturday, I have good mates who I have seen more on the drink than in a state of sobriety over the last 10 years. Sad admission but true. Unless you're sporty play golf/football and luckily I do etc.. an average Northern lads life revolves round drink if they want a social life. It might just be me like, but meeting one of your mates in a Costa Coffee joint for an Espresso, oh dear. Having said that I suppose we have a few "modern men" on here.

I must've spent nearly every sunday morning of my twenties with my head over a toilet bowl. You look back now and think what the fuck was I doing, why didn't I learn?

The thought of having a heavy session on a work day now is an absolute no-no. If I do have a good drink I'm wiped out til late afternoon the following day at least.

im 22, 23 on monday ;-) - get hangovers about 50% of the time. Drink once a week but normally on a saturday and about 10 pints or so.

However iv found if i stick to double vodkas im absolutely fine the next day just seems to be lager that fucks me

Guest Barrack Road

On Saturday I wasn't counting, but I must've had at a guess 8 pints of lager, 3 or 4 of those pear flavoured cider drinks, at least 10 shots of Sambucca and 4 double vodka redbulls, and honestly I didn't feel that pissed. I'm not an ugly fucka neither but I look like I've just woke up after sleeping rough in The Gorbals proped up with a bottle of Buckfast when am like that as well. I could certainly pass as looking like the average mackem in that condition (without the Hi Tec trainers).

On Saturday I wasn't counting, but I must've had at a guess 8 pints of lager, 3 or 4 of those pear flavoured cider drinks, at least 10 shots of Sambucca and 4 double vodka redbulls, and honestly I didn't feel that pissed. I'm not an ugly fucka neither but I look like I've just woke up after sleeping rough in The Gorbals proped up with a bottle of Buckfast when am like that as well. I could certainly pass as looking like the average mackem in that condition (without the Hi Tec trainers).

And you reckon meeting a mate for a coffee is "oh dear"? :D

I get rough as fuck hangovers these days. Never used to get them at all as a stoodent or whatever, so I suppose it's payback.

I'll not quit like.

The thing is if you are an ordinary bloke, apart from your family, wife/lass etc.. drink is an integral part of a social life. Perhaps it shouldn't be, but I was having this conversation on Saturday, I have good mates who I have seen more on the drink than in a state of sobriety over the last 10 years. Sad admission but true. Unless you're sporty play golf/football and luckily I do etc.. an average Northern lads life revolves round drink if they want a social life. It might just be me like, but meeting one of your mates in a Costa Coffee joint for an Espresso, oh dear. Having said that I suppose we have a few "modern men" on here.

I couldln't understand Starbucks etc when they first arrived on the high street. I now occasionally pop in for a drink, but its just to keep me out of the pub really.