It Was Like Eastenders

Christmas Tree

glorious glorious promotion.

Nowt like sinking like a stone and building up lowered expectations.

I think we should wait a bit longer and see if they can match the european qualifications of the club that was "like Eastenders".

What a load of shite.

To be fair LM, a load of shite went under the Tyne Bridge since we were last in Europe and before MA took the club (down).

What I don't get, is people who seem to think that every single managerial appointment you make is "right". Nobody does that. The point is, when you realise it is not right, you change, and back your man. Its called ambition, and without the ambition to put your club on the level it ought to be at, its all a waste of time and an owner without ambition can fuck off because they are no good to you.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Kevin Nolan, commenting on things he knows fuck all about, he has done well this season and thanks Kevin although you've made more money than all of us on here............but.............sadly, you would be one of the first players I would peddle ie replace, in the summer.

As for Kevin Nolan, commenting on things he knows fuck all about, he has done well this season and thanks Kevin although you've made more money than all of us on here............but.............sadly, you would be one of the first players I would peddle ie replace, in the summer.

Sadly my friend, you're not the chairman.

So I reckon Kev, Smithy and Butt will all get renewed contracts, Jonas, Colo, Taylor will be sold and we'll purchase a couple of championship quality players to join the others we already have..

reeeeesult, a balance sheet which shows us making a player profit while the bank account tells a totally different story. Still thats progress for you.

Whether by luck or judgement we are in a better position to succeed than we have been since Robson "left" IMO.

Im not sure how you get that conclusion tbh, without turning this into a Leazes post, under the previous regime you knew that whoever was in charge could go out and spend if/when they needed to. Not a chance in this one.

If we're talking about the squad then :D

In direct comparison we have

2004 Now

Given Harper or more importantly in reserve keeper we had Harper and now have Krul

Shearer Shola

Bellamy Carroll (although there are some off-field similarities :icon_lol:)

Robert Jonas (I like Jonas but hes no Laurent).

Milner Routledge

Speed Butt :lol:

I could go on.

Can't see the 30m that needs spending to stablise us as a PL club. Hope I'm wrong like.

o_mZayyrLoMkYlmbc.jpg

"I tell you what, we might disagree on a lot of things, but that Christmas Tree is a know-nowt prick"

"comin over here, taking my baseless fear"

Leazes, I'm keen to hear what you think should be done with the club now. Specifically what should be done, what money should be spent and how the money spent should be funded (ie. How could he hit of he temporary debt be structured so that in the years to come it will be manageable).

I really look forward to your response.

Leazes, I'm keen to hear what you think should be done with the club now. Specifically what should be done, what money should be spent and how the money spent should be funded (ie. How could he hit of he temporary debt be structured so that in the years to come it will be manageable).

Breath hold and don't spring to mind.

Leazes is like the daft old relative, sucking on a wurthers and mumbling about how the UK was much better before they let the "Darkies" in.

He is so stuck in time that he gains no pleasure from the the club anymore.

The owners not good enough, the managers not good enough, the players are not good enough. I doubt he will gain any enjoyment from promotion and generally struggle to recall many positive posts about the club at all other than historical. He seriously would be better taking up carpet bowls.

The decline of Newcastle is a cross that he alone must bear.

He only ever talks in negative comparisons and nothing that most of us would call improvement either now or in the future will ever be good enough.

One of the papers today reminds me that this will be the first time the Geordie public have witnessed their team being promoted in over 45 years.

Worth celebrating and worth looking forward to next year....

One of the papers today reminds me that this will be the first time the Geordie public have witnessed their team being promoted in over 45 years.

You need to start reading a better newspaper... :D

"It is 45 years since Tyneside saw first hand their own players gain promotion. Not since 1965 have they done it at St James' Park."

it's easy isn't it ? Keep the books right, no matter what, as Pud says, sell some of our best players and replace them with inferior cheaper quality and make a profit.

And get relegated.

"It is 45 years since Tyneside saw first hand their own players gain promotion. Not since 1965 have they done it at St James' Park."

It doesn't matter where you do it. FWIW, some of us have seen us win promotion on the last 2 occasions, both away. How many times - out of 4 in my time - were we relegated under the Halls and Shepherd.

Breath hold and don't spring to mind.

Leazes is like the daft old relative, sucking on a wurthers and mumbling about how the UK was much better before they let the "Darkies" in.

He is so stuck in time that he gains no pleasure from the the club anymore.

The owners not good enough, the managers not good enough, the players are not good enough. I doubt he will gain any enjoyment from promotion and generally struggle to recall many positive posts about the club at all other than historical. He seriously would be better taking up carpet bowls.

The decline of Newcastle is a cross that he alone must bear.

He only ever talks in negative comparisons and nothing that most of us would call improvement either now or in the future will ever be good enough.

Worth celebrating and worth looking forward to next year....

On the contrary, my friend, I talked in positive mode quite often when the last owners ran the club, for the simple reason is that they gave us something to be genuinely positive about.

Don't suppose you will understand this. A few years of fighting relegation and you may yet see the light.

A point on Nolan, he looks a lot better of late alongside Guthrie in the middle. Says a lot about how ordinary Smith is imo.

it's easy isn't it ? Keep the books right, no matter what, as Pud says, sell some of our best players and replace them with inferior cheaper quality and make a profit.

And get relegated.

So you quite plainly don't have an answer. Then here's some advice - shut the fuck up until you have something constuctive to say.

And get relegated.

So you quite plainly don't have an answer. Then here's some advice - shut the fuck up until you have something constuctive to say.

I reckon you should shut the fuck up. You live in Australia, you don't see the club play, you know fuck all mate.

Simple fact is if you want success, it costs MONEY. And the WINNING clubs are in debt. Like it or not. You may think its alright sitting in fuckin Oz admiring the balance sheet, but people like me are PAYING OUR MONEY TO SEE THIS CLUB SUCCEED, and not look at a balance sheet.

So fuck off.

Guest Barrack Road
If you look back to when the club last went up, in 1993, some major mistakes were made from then until 2009

Hadaway and shite, maybe if he'd said something like "from 2004 to 2009" but to make out that it was a joke of a club during times, he as a player could only dream of is a bit rich.

Exactly. Even the Dalglish and Gullit years had their highlights. The worst season from 93 to 2004 was Robson's first full season in charge, it was just boring as fuck mainly due to injury and Freddy's then tight hold over the purse strings. The rest was tremendous and we all loved every minute of it, to say everything was a mistake is a joke, we signed some players I'll remember as long as I live. We were easily a top 3 or 4 club on and off the pitch for a number of years over that decade.

I'm pleased we've went up but I'm not as delirious as some people, it's the minimum we should expect. Well done Hughton though, he's had so much character assassination even when he was just a coach, he's just bit the bullet and got on with it.

I reckon you should shut the fuck up. You live in Australia, you don't see the club play, you know fuck all mate.

Simple fact is if you want success, it costs MONEY. And the WINNING clubs are in debt. Like it or not. You may think its alright sitting in fuckin Oz admiring the balance sheet, but people like me are PAYING OUR MONEY TO SEE THIS CLUB SUCCEED, and not look at a balance sheet.

So fuck off.

How predictable do you want to be? Take a look at the revenue streams from the top clubs and see how much of he money comes from foreign soil. Might be a bit of a wake up call to you, you xenophobe. I don't have to justify myself to you but for three seasons prior to the current one in the premier league I've seen just about every single Newcastle United premierleague match (honestly would have not seen less that 5 over that time). Before it was possible to watch so many of our matches over here I watched all of the televised ones. Of course I appreciate that I may not have the same understanding of the area and even the history of the side what I have is a very firm grip of the current fortunes of the club both off and on the pitch. The money I pay for subscription TV forms part of the TV rights money afforded Premierleague and even championship sides. The money I've spent on countless DVDs, scarves, jerseys, beanies, flags etc in part would all made it's way back to the club.

All you do is make pointless smart arsed remarks about the club and harp back to previous regimes that bear no relevance to the game today. So, as I was saying if you have nothing constructive to say, shut the fuck up.

I know that a certain level

Guest Barrack Road

And get relegated.

So fuck off.

:D

So fuck off.

How predictable do you want to be? Take a look at the revenue streams from the top clubs and see how much of he money comes from foreign soil. Might be a bit of a wake up call to you, you xenophobe. I don't have to justify myself to you but for three seasons prior to the current one in the premier league I've seen just about every single Newcastle United premierleague match (honestly would have not seen less that 5 over that time). Before it was possible to watch so many of our matches over here I watched all of the televised ones. Of course I appreciate that I may not have the same understanding of the area and even the history of the side what I have is a very firm grip of the current fortunes of the club both off and on the pitch. The money I pay for subscription TV forms part of the TV rights money afforded Premierleague and even championship sides. The money I've spent on countless DVDs, scarves, jerseys, beanies, flags etc in part would all made it's way back to the club.

All you do is make pointless smart arsed remarks about the club and harp back to previous regimes that bear no relevance to the game today. So, as I was saying if you have nothing constructive to say, shut the fuck up.

I know that a certain level

Typically predictable response from a foreigner trying to justify his so called support for the club.

Success costs money. And NUFC have the support to be bigger than most clubs. Don't attempt to tap it and you are a waste of time. End of.

So shut the fuck up.

I honestly don't give a toss what you think about me, but if you're stupid enough to think that the English league would be as strong as it is without foreign money then good luck to you.

Try to offer something constructive in your posts for a change, and who knows you might change the common perception you've built for yourself.

That's the end of my comments on this, but if it makes you feel any better feel free to be as racist and xenophobic as you like In your response. :D

Edited by OzToonFan

I honestly don't give a toss what you think about me, but if you're stupid enough to think that the English league would be as strong as it is without foreign money then good luck to you.

Try to offer something constructive in your posts for a change, and who knows you might change the common perception you've built for yourself.

That's the end of my comments on this, but if it makes you feel any better feel free to be as racist and xenophobic in your response. :D

show where I said that, unless you are stupid enough to make things up.

I've offered something constructive, as you call it. I've told you how the successful clubs are successful. Now, if you don't like it, get the fuck back in your armchair, watch the team play on your TV and keep your eye on the balance sheet when we lose games in the premiership and sell our best players to the big clubs like Wigan.