What do you THINK will happen this summer?

Deano

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Relegation back to the Championship

In the summer?

That's good going like.

Aye, summer 2011 <_<

Err yeah, that's what I meant, I was meaning the beginning of the end :aye:

The naming rights to the ground will be sold to an Asian fast food company and we’ll be able to buy Geordie Noodles from the kiosks. Jackie Milburn’s statue will be put up for auction on EBay, and Lambias will challenge Mark Jenson to a televised fist fight hosted by Alan Carr to decide who was responsible for the inevitable season ticket processing fiasco.

Or, we’ll be linked with loads of brand name players but end up selling Steven Taylor to Everton and scouring the world for out of contract players with exotic names who will sign up on the minimum wage.

Edited by Problem Child

£20m net spend, Butt and Pancrate out and one player we want to keep who we can get a price for, probably Ranger.

4 players in, one right back, 2 midfielders and a striker. The Taylor/Carroll situation introduces a bit of uncertainty. If we keep them both, then we wont need a new CB.

Whether its enough depends on whether Hughton is good enough. As i have pointed out before, the current midfield has more quality in it than many of the midfield line-ups we used last season.

None of our strikers are Premiership quality.

Nor is the midfield. Rotledge is the only one who could 'do a job' and Guti will be gone imo.

Guti and Enrique will be playing here all next season.

Is this where i demand a £2000 bet to prove how cocksure i am?

Nor is the midfield. Rotledge is the only one who could 'do a job' and Guti will be gone imo.

<_<

We need at least one central midfielder with a bit of creativity. A goal scorrer to play alongside Carroll (assuming he's not locked up) and a new rightback. These are to go straight into the starting eleven. We also need cover at leftback and for the wings. This is all assuming none of our first choice current players are sold.

I'm not confident any of this will happen though with the fat fuck in charge which I think will continue as no one will pay him what he wants for us.

tbf to Lovenkrands he was one of the very few that looked promising and gave a shit towards the end of 08/09. Reminds me very much like Malcolm Allen who we brought in when Beardsley had his cheek shattered by Ruddock.

As for the rest, we're going to be found seriously wanting unless there is considerable investment and I can't see the latter happening.

We're on a par with the likes of Blackburn, West Ham, Bolton, Wigan IYAM - Mackems will likely be in better shape than us unless fat Mike spends.

that is probably his goal, little spend, survival, small profit maybe = success [in his eyes]

We need at least one central midfielder with a bit of creativity. A goal scorrer to play alongside Carroll (assuming he's not locked up) and a new rightback. These are to go straight into the starting eleven. We also need cover at leftback and for the wings. This is all assuming none of our first choice current players are sold.

I'm not confident any of this will happen though with the fat fuck in charge which I think will continue as no one will pay him what he wants for us.

Agree with all of that especially the immediate needs of the starting 11

And it won't come cheap.

Only if you were offering the reverse. I'm with you on that one like. <_<

I think our net spend will be at most 10mil and that'll be spent on shite players from Spain and we'll also bring in a few frees. The centre of midfield will once again be left criminally unattended (since 3 of our "Fantastic Four" play there already, nee bother then :aye:).

I reckon if Jonas has a canny World Cup and we get a decent offer for him he would go.

And it won't come cheap.

Aye if this supposed £15m is true then we will struggle badly to bring those players in. We would need to spend most of that on a striker if we want better than we already have.

£20m net spend, Butt and Pancrate out and one player we want to keep who we can get a price for, probably Ranger.

4 players in, one right back, 2 midfielders and a striker. The Taylor/Carroll situation introduces a bit of uncertainty. If we keep them both, then we wont need a new CB.

Whether its enough depends on whether Hughton is good enough. As i have pointed out before, the current midfield has more quality in it than many of the midfield line-ups we used last season.

This is probably the most likely outcome.

Pretty much what i said.

I think should we get a minimum of 4 in, in key areas RB, CM and CF then we will stay up comfortably as our current lot are like it has been said on a par with about 6 sides in the PL currently.

With the additions, if sensible and of sufficient quality i see us finishing arounf 13th which tbf would be good going.

Hughton deserves a shot in the PL, has one more year on his contract which probably works out well...Keep the stability and continuity going, give CH what he deserves, get a good PL finish THEN look for a new manager to take us forward.

I reckon if Jonas has a canny World Cup and we get a decent offer for him he would go.

Big if like and i dont see many leaving after the graft they've put in to prove they are worthy of the premiership. I cant see him going to another prem club and so that leaves a move back to Spain. Cant see it myself.

And it won't come cheap.

Aye if this supposed £15m is true then we will struggle badly to bring those players in. We would need to spend most of that on a striker if we want better than we already have.

the strikers are what makes all the difference in the premiership, as witnessed by the poor finishing of most of our opponents this season

Btw, hasn't Taylor only got a year left? Expect to see him leave this summer. I'm not his biggest fan but I doubt he'll be properly replaced and I'd start him ahead of Simpson at RB. The latter looks limited in the Championship so I don't think he'll be good enough next year.

And it won't come cheap.

the strikers are what makes all the difference in the premiership, as witnessed by the poor finishing of most of our opponents this season

True. That and central midfield. Another area where we haven't got enough quality as it happens.

Big if like and i dont see many leaving after the graft they've put in to prove they are worthy of the premiership. I cant see him going to another prem club and so that leaves a move back to Spain. Cant see it myself.

Like i said before, there WILL be clubs sniffing around a few and Gutierrez will be one of those regardless of how good a WC he has with the Argies.

Simple fact is apart from Butt, Hall and Pancrate i dont see anyone wanting to leave.

The only way any will is if FMA pulls similar kinda stunts that got him hated int he 1st place. For all i dont trust the fatman he must surely of learned from his mistakes and want to do things properly now?

You'd think anyways.

And it won't come cheap.

True. That and central midfield. Another area where we haven't got enough quality as it happens.

In all honest like every area of the side is as important as each other. Without a decent back four and GK you concede a shit load of goals, without a decent midfield four you lose the battle for posession and dont create chances, without chances and a decent you dont score goals...goals win games.

Its all important...i just think we have a decent basis to build on. 3 new players to step into the 1st team and a few more for competiton and backup and we will stay up comfortably.

That aside...Talking of strikers...i do think Carroll and Lovenkrands will get goals in the PL...they will do ok to keep us up but in an ideal world we would get a new lightning fast striker with good movement to start with Carroll....In an ideal world... <_<

it wouldnt need to be someone lightning fast though pace is always helpful

it needs to be someone intelligent, who knows when to run and where rather than someone who just runs (ala martins)

reckon we should go for fletcher from burnley tbh