Noah's ark found

Walliver

Evangelists claim to have found Noah's ark - 4000m up mountain

April 27, 2010

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers said on Monday they believe they may have found Noah's Ark - 4000m up a mountain in Turkey.

The team say they recovered wooden specimens from a structure on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey that carbon dating proved was 4800 years old, around the same time the ark is said to have been afloat.

"It's not 100 per cent that it is Noah's Ark but we think it is 99.9 per cent that this is it," said Yeung Wing-cheung, a Hong Kong documentary filmmaker and member of the 15-strong team from Noah's Ark Ministries International.

The structure had several compartments, some with wooden beams, which were believed to house animals, he said.

The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds that one had never been found above 3500m in the vicinity, Yeung said.

Local Turkish officials will ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site can be protected while a major archaeological dig is conducted, Yeung added.

The biblical story says God decided to flood the earth after seeing how corrupt it had become, and told Noah to build an ark and fill it with two of every animal species.

After the flood waters receded, the Bible says, the ark came to rest on a mountain. Many believe that Mount Ararat, the highest point in the region, is where the ark and her inhabitants came aground.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/evangelists-cl...00427-tnlg.html

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evangelical archaeologists. :razz:

;) My thoughts to.

How come they're using carbon dating as well (when it suits of course)? Wouldn't older specimens prove the Earth is older than 6000 years? I thought the evangelicals rejected carbon dating along with radiometric dating.

The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds that one had never been found above 3500m in the vicinity, Yeung said.

Ahhh right, so it cant be a house because ones never been found that high up but it can be a boat washed up after a flood. :razz:

Makes perfect sense.

What a crock of shit. Imagine how big the boat would have to be to take every species of animal, and you'd be able to see it from fucking space. How much wood would have to be used? how did Noah create the different conditions for each animal (e.g. rainforest or arctic tundra)? And why is there no evidence of a worldwide flood at this time? Then there is the genetic evidence. If every animal came from just 2-7 creatures, they'd be hideously inbred.

I bet it was some sort of art project that was created thousands of years ago to confuse tourists, which was forgotten about.

How did the Kangaroos get to the Middle East and back to Australia? Why didn't the lions eat the zebras? :razz:

Seriously, how can anyone believe this stuff? It's akin to mental illness imo.

not this old crock again...............

every few years soem evangelicals (normally Yanks) head off to Ararat and"find" the Ark - its clearly a geological formation made of rocks.....................

What a crock of shit. Imagine how big the boat would have to be to take every species of animal, and you'd be able to see it from fucking space. How much wood would have to be used? how did Noah create the different conditions for each animal (e.g. rainforest or arctic tundra)? And why is there no evidence of a worldwide flood at this time? Then there is the genetic evidence. If every animal came from just 2-7 creatures, they'd be hideously inbred.

I bet it was some sort of art project that was created thousands of years ago to confuse tourists, which was forgotten about.

You do know that is exactly what is said to have happened right? Survival of the fittest etc. :razz:

No, I dont mean on the ark ;)

I believe it - must have been a big boat though. Evangelists and such like always base their beliefs on evidence and the facts so it must be true.

No vested interest either. Also, what other sort of wooden structure could possible have been found that far up a mountain?

Edited by alex

Seriously, how can anyone believe this stuff? It's akin to mental illness imo.

akin?

Even allowing for the metaphor which most Christians supposedly accept, ask them what the moral lesson is of a God who destroys all humans apart from one family including all children because he doesn't like how a few behave.

I believe it - must have been a big boat though. Evangelists and such like always base their beliefs on evidence and the facts so it must be true.

No vested interest either. Also, what other sort of wooden structure could possible have been found that far up a mountain?

Early UFO?

Early UFO?

I was thinking more along the lines of a log cabin. The early UFOs were made from Bakelite iirc.

As well as the fact that the wood they supposedly used wouldn't have supported a boat anywhere near big ebough - even allowing for the get out clause they use for the number of species - by describing "kinds" as some kind of supersets of animals.

As well as the fact that the wood they supposedly used wouldn't have supported a boat anywhere near big ebough - even allowing for the get out clause they use for the number of species - by describing "kinds" as some kind of supersets of animals.

Good story though.

Good story though.

They love to produce illustrated stories from the bible for kids but they never look at the dubious morality which is funnily enough supposed to be the whole point of the stories in the first place.

Edited by NJS

:razz:

Btw, surely there's not enough water in the world for the flood to have been possible. I bet they don't answer that question.

:razz:

Btw, surely there's not enough water in the world for the flood to have been possible. I bet they don't answer that question.

I'm sure this has been justified by saying there must have been more water in the past which has evaporated into space. I think some physicists have claculated the excess water would have severely affected the Earths tilt and orbit though (apart from the evaporation bit being bollocks).

reconstituted dried meat? Surely that is a modern, industrial process. So now we're looking for Noah's fast food empire as well? And surely you'd want to save the tortoises as there were only a few on the boat?