Newcastle fans don't support their team as they should

Guest Barrack Road
I dont think there was a massive public discontent about the fat cunt at the time he got sacked. I think a lot of fans were willing to give him some time to get his act together.

The football was tedious though. Especially when you're getting beat every week.

He got applauded off by 4000 toon fans at Stoke after playing absolutely gash, that was his last game.

It's interesting to look at the players Allardyce calls as witnesses for the prosecution:

Scott Parker - who went on the record to deny rumours that he'd left SJP and blamed Allardyce - not the fans - for his departure from Tyneside:

"I went to Newcastle and contrary to what people say about not settling in the North East, me and my family absolutely loved it up there. Then a new manager comes in (Allardyce), has different ideas and sells me."

(Source: Telegraph interview, 6th February 2009)

Parker never played under Allardyce at Newcastle and was sold to West Ham for a claimed £7m in June 2007. Within days, Joey Barton had arrived to take his place with Geremi then appearing shortly afterwards.

Gary Speed - who left the Magpies in the summer of 2004 for Bolton, and has spent much of the last six years telling anyone who will listen how much he enjoyed his time in toon.

And as for not supporting their team as they should.....

NUFC average crowd 2009/10 (Football League) 43,384

BRFC average crowd 2009/10 (Premier League) 25,428

What Allardyce still doesn't grasp is that the team he created at SJP let him down. Players who he brought to Tyneside at great cost revealed themselves to be of mercenary persuasion and cost him his job.

However the decision to terminate his employment was made by Ashley & Co. for whatever reason. Allardyce can rewrite history all he likes, but he wasn't driven out by fan pressure - that's as fanciful as claiming Newcastle fans demanded the return of Kevin Keegan as his replacement.

Sam Allardyce has ensured he will never forget his reign as Newcastle manager, even after proving his worth again by guiding Blackburn to 10th in the Premier League.

He lasted barely eight months at St James' Park, and those months were marked by a difficult relationship with owner Mike Ashley, who took over after Allardyce (left, in Spain) had been appointed.

But despite any differences, he was treated fairly by Ashley, who paid him compensation thought to be about �4m, which Allardyce used to buy his sumptuous new villa on Spain's Costa Blanca. He then called it Casa St James.

Sam Allardyce has ensured he will never forget his reign as Newcastle manager, even after proving his worth again by guiding Blackburn to 10th in the Premier League.

He lasted barely eight months at St James' Park, and those months were marked by a difficult relationship with owner Mike Ashley, who took over after Allardyce (left, in Spain) had been appointed.

But despite any differences, he was treated fairly by Ashley, who paid him compensation thought to be about �4m, which Allardyce used to buy his sumptuous new villa on Spain's Costa Blanca. He then called it Casa St James.

I want to throw up.

I want to throw up.

Didn't appear too upset when he got the sack iirc, although it's not surprising when he got a payoff like that. Naming his villa Casa St James shows what a class act the man is :icon_lol:

Horrible prick of a man. I said when he got sacked that what made him different to other managers we had is that at least with them (yes, even Souness) I could understand what we were trying to do with tactics etc. With Sam I just couldn't figure it out, and the players looked totally lost as well. He lost the plot with us, whether given time he would have refound it is open to debate. Still, twat.

Sam Allardyce has named his sumptuous new Costa Blanca villa "Casa St James," because he bought it with his £4 million pay off from being sacked as Newcastle boss.

Add to this revelation his comments last week, more than two years after getting the boot, that: "Fan pressure (at Newcastle) is hostile towards the players. They don't really support the team as they should, they're very critical and the players can't handle that," and what do we have?

We have a manager who appears to have an unhealthy obsession he needs to get over.

Big Sam was never popular at Newcastle, but even down to his last game, a dreary 0-0 draw at Stoke in the rain, he was cheered off by the fans who he accuses of being "hostile" and wrecking it all. There is a picture to prove it. He is cheerily waving to the away end delighted with the result.

Getting the sack from your one big crack at a really big job must be a humiliating, frustrating business.

Shaking off a reputation as a purveyor of football based on the simple theory of POMO, booting the ball to the "position of maximum opportunity" in the box, must also be tough.

Realising you're never going to get the England job must hurt. Feeling the job you've done at Bolton and now Blackburn on limited budgets has never been fully recognised or valued must rankle.

But one word of advice for Big Sam. If you want to blame anyone for your Newcastle sacking, blame Mike Ashley.

Don't blame the Geordie fans, many of whom were giving you the benefit of the doubt. Don't blame the North East press, who you believed were "a miserable bunch, frustrated that we'd never got bigger jobs in London," misreading that our passion and roots were in the North East.

And please, sit down with one of your beloved football psychologists, get help for the mental scars your experience at Newcastle left behind.

Follow Simon Bird on Twitter

Sam Allardyce has named his sumptuous new Costa Blanca villa "Casa St James," because he bought it with his £4 million pay off from being sacked as Newcastle boss.

Add to this revelation his comments last week, more than two years after getting the boot, that: "Fan pressure (at Newcastle) is hostile towards the players. They don't really support the team as they should, they're very critical and the players can't handle that," and what do we have?

We have a manager who appears to have an unhealthy obsession he needs to get over.

Big Sam was never popular at Newcastle, but even down to his last game, a dreary 0-0 draw at Stoke in the rain, he was cheered off by the fans who he accuses of being "hostile" and wrecking it all. There is a picture to prove it. He is cheerily waving to the away end delighted with the result.

Getting the sack from your one big crack at a really big job must be a humiliating, frustrating business.

Shaking off a reputation as a purveyor of football based on the simple theory of POMO, booting the ball to the "position of maximum opportunity" in the box, must also be tough.

Realising you're never going to get the England job must hurt. Feeling the job you've done at Bolton and now Blackburn on limited budgets has never been fully recognised or valued must rankle.

But one word of advice for Big Sam. If you want to blame anyone for your Newcastle sacking, blame Mike Ashley.

Don't blame the Geordie fans, many of whom were giving you the benefit of the doubt. Don't blame the North East press, who you believed were "a miserable bunch, frustrated that we'd never got bigger jobs in London," misreading that our passion and roots were in the North East.

And please, sit down with one of your beloved football psychologists, get help for the mental scars your experience at Newcastle left behind.

Excellent. :o

Why does he need to bring all this up? Move on. As a Blackburn fan, who appreciates that he has done a good job at Ewood Park*, its embarassing he has to have a go. He tried up there, he failed for whatever reason, but who cares? its in the past Sam. Newcastle fans have moved on, and so should Sam. He failed at a so-called big club, but he should stop making excuses and just get on with his current job. He has done pretty good at Blackburn, but he can be a right nob.

*=You cannot imagine how awful things had got under Ince. We were all over the place, and our best keeper in years left because he saw how crap it was going to be.

Excellent. :o

I'll be honest, I rarely read anything the rags came out with as I find most of it biased and basically dross, however since JFK's outburst I've been reading Simons stuff and I like the cut of his cloth

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alex
God I hope we beat Blackburn next season.

I was tempted to say 'relegation six-pointer' but I think they'll be alright.

Why does he need to bring all this up? Move on. As a Blackburn fan, who appreciates that he has done a good job at Ewood Park*, its embarassing he has to have a go. He tried up there, he failed for whatever reason, but who cares? its in the past Sam. Newcastle fans have moved on, and so should Sam. He failed at a so-called big club, but he should stop making excuses and just get on with his current job. He has done pretty good at Blackburn, but he can be a right nob.

*=You cannot imagine how awful things had got under Ince. We were all over the place, and our best keeper in years left because he saw how crap it was going to be.

How to spoil an otherwise decent post. Ha'way Billy! You seem to be on here enough. What's the point of that shite?

I'm lost for words. When Blackburn come up, I hope he gets a reception akin to the one Gazza got in 1988 when he came back with Spurs, only this time FFSA would deserve it 100 times more than Gazza. As for Parker he can go and fuck himself as well the shit cunt. All these people who fail here, blaming everybody but themselves. You never saw SBR do that, or Nobby Solano, or Habib Beye, I wonder why, maybe it's cos they were good enough to be here, just a thought like.

Agreed. :lol:

I'm lost for words. When Blackburn come up, I hope he gets a reception akin to the one Gazza got in 1988 when he came back with Spurs, only this time FFSA would deserve it 100 times more than Gazza. As for Parker he can go and fuck himself as well the shit cunt. All these people who fail here, blaming everybody but themselves. You never saw SBR do that, or Nobby Solano, or Habib Beye, I wonder why, maybe it's cos they were good enough to be here, just a thought like.

Agreed :lol: