Kris Boyd Leaving Rangers

Kevin

Yes, we're very desperate. Shola, Peter, Leon and Andy won't hold up in the prem.

Could do alot worse than Boyd - he is an unknown quantity at this level but considering he is for nowt and seems to have a bit of the instinctive finisher about him i reckon he is worth the risk-one of those where he flops or becomes a cult hero

Rangers offered to double his wages to just shy of 20k a week....I very much doubt we can or will offer more than that especially as other teams are looking at him. Birmingham are rumoured to be going for him.

Rangers offered to double his wages to just shy of 20k a week....I very much doubt we can or will offer more than that especially as other teams are looking at him. Birmingham are rumoured to be going for him.

We obviously won't have a 20k wage cap in the premiership :wub:

As said before for free its worth the gamble. We have a Rangers link with Smith and Loven and sure some coach member and we are pretty close to Glasgow.

Guest alex

I reckon we can. Whether we will or not is another matter :wub:

We obviously won't have a 20k wage cap in the premiership :wub:

I thought the club were putting a stop to offering players big wages now. I can't see us being able to tempt him IMO.

I reckon we can. Whether we will or not is another matter :wub:

Yeah we could but MA wont want to. Anyway were a "loans" club now ;)

Guest alex

Thing is though (not saying we'll get him) but you could offer him, say, 25k a week, plus a signing fee, plus bonuses, the chance to play in the PL etc. and that's better than what he turned down at Rangers.

Thing is though (not saying we'll get him) but you could offer him, say, 25k a week, plus a signing fee, plus bonuses, the chance to play in the PL etc. and that's better than what he turned down at Rangers.

Yeah your right it is better than what he turned down. I still think he would choose another club over us, it's the old newly promoted side etc etc might go down again or established Premier League side with lots of money to spend. On a plus side though were in a good location for him.

Yeah your right it is better than what he turned down. I still think he would choose another club over us, it's the old newly promoted side etc etc might go down again or established Premier League side with lots of money to spend. On a plus side though were in a good location for him.

How fucking depressing is that? Losing out to Birmingham because they're the established Premiership side and we're the new boys.

Edited by Sima

How fucking depressing is that? Losing out to Birmingham because they're the established Premiership side and we're the new boys.

Damn right it's depressing! But whos the club splashing the cash about at the minute, they have already signed 3-4 players, a couple quality ones at that. Maybe i am being a bit overboard with the pessimism but i can't see us doing much this summer.

I think we'll be an attractive proposition to him. A big club where he'll be pretty certain to start big support and can pay his wage. Plus according to the Garuniad we're bigots, so he'll feel at home.

Will probably go to Birmingham, lots of scots there, none here, might seem simplistic but I reckon that'll do the trick.

Newcastle is nearly part of Scotland. :lol:

Leaving Rangers according to Walter Smith, I believe Hughton should get stuck in now before anyone else does!

Boyd isn't better than what we have already ,apart from Best !

Leaving Rangers according to Walter Smith, I believe Hughton should get stuck in now before anyone else does!

Boyd isn't better than what we have already ,apart from Best !

Then Best out the door and Boyd in. If we were planning on signing Boyd to start, I'd be worrying a bit.