England v Germany

Park Life

Guest Gordon McKeag
Why do the Germans hate the Dutch btw? I get the other way round but not the German spite towards Holland. Is it just because they were once German? (or Saxon or whatever)?

It's partly cause they are of the sameish original stock, but mainly they are jealous of the Dutch sense of humour and bravado.

Well we've got a better sense of humour than the Dutch, so they must fuckin hate us.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's more Premier League players in the finals than from any other country.

Over 100.

It's difficult to come up with any that have been any better than 'solid', and only a few have managed that.

Who has really shone though? Ozil & Villa, possibly Klose. Forlan?

Suarez, Sneijder, Lucio, Higuaín, Honda, Muller, Vittek......Donovan

Shone? Or have looked good? None of them for me have been outstanding. Good but not shining stars.

Klose's finishing has been good and he has worked hard but he hasnt 'shone'.

I thought thats what was being discussed here, not players who have had good tournaments but players who have really stood out.

Honda was ok, Vittek looked decent in the group stages, Donovan enhanced his reputation etc.

Anyone who added a couple of million or more to their value.

Aye ok but one of the features of the tournament has been the poor performances the 'star' players, the likes of Torres, Ronaldo, Rooney, Kaka (shit anyway) and even Messi to an extent (no goals anyway).

I guess one theory could be that the competition (and by that we could infer 'current climate in international football') has shown that team work is more important than star players. Obviously linked to the standard of coaches and tactical organisation.

Tbf Portugal and Brazil's 'system' did for Kaka and Cronaldo.

If Germany beat Spain and Holland, they're the most deserving World Cup winners in history. Never has a team had to face as many on the face of it, hard teams. Never thought I'd say it but I almost hope they do it.

Same here, on top of that they've played consistantly better than anyone else in the tournament, and usually it ends up being some dodgy shit like Italy in 2006 or to a much lesser extent France in 98 winning it when there were teams who played much better but didn't get the luck.

Spain have brought very little to the World Cup by comparison, without Villa they'd be back home already. Really hope it's either the Germans or the Dutch.

Really? Obviously the Dutch who have won every game in regular time aren't as consistent as a team who lost to Serbia and struggled to beat Ghana.

The Germans have been great but the Dutch have been better.

What a load of nonsense. The dutch have pilloried by their press. They played shit in all the group games, should've been 3-0 down at HT against Brazil, and were far from dominant against Slovakia. They've had the results but have been no where near as impressive as Germany.

The Dutch have had more consistent results than Germany. Germany have been more impressive in most of their games. I look forward to a Uruguay Spain Final although I would prefer to see the Dutch give Germany a good hoofing in Jo'burg.

More consistent? Because they lost with 10 men for 65 minutes against Serbia? The dutch have been functional and fortunate. It's a non-argument as to who has been more impressive, imo the Germans have delivered the best three performances of the tournament. Slovakia were easily the equals of Holland. Germany 4 0 1 13 2 Holland 5 0 0 9 3

Bullshit! You're obviously watching a different world cup. Germany were beaten before they went to 10 men and as I said Ghana could have had them if they had better composure in front of goal.

Both teams showed that if you mark Schweinsteiger out of the match and press their defence then they are fucked.

The Dutch on the other hand have been cruising along only doing what is necessary and the Brasil game was an example of their ability to step up a gear when things are going against them. Brasil may have been their first real test but they proved their point.

Hopefully it will be an asian referee for the final for you anarl.

Tbh we would have got something out of the game against Serbia even with 10 men if Lukas "all I can do is whack the ball with full power as long as it's not a penalty" Podolski didn't have as many brain cells as Craig Moore. The game against Ghana wasn't that different to any of Holland's group games imho.

Why do the Germans hate the Dutch btw? I get the other way round but not the German spite towards Holland. Is it just because they were once German? (or Saxon or whatever)?

Couple of reasons: Loads of Dutch people still hold grudges because of the way Germans behaved during the time of the occupation in the 40s and let Germans feel it, especially when it comes to football - which leads to Germans not liking them. It all then boiled a bit over during and after the World Cup 1974 and hasn't settled since then. Ronald Koeman wiping his arse with a German shirt in 1988 and Rijkhard's behaviour 1990 added to it a lot.

It's also a love-hate relationship with all those German tourists going to Holland and acting like numpties and millions of Dutch doing the same over here.

For the game on Wednesday, it's strange as I always expect the teams (apart from those at the group stage) to finally find there form against us. It hasn't happened though. So it depends on if the Spain of 2008 turns up on Wednesday or the one from 2010. If it's the former we stand a good chance as long as we play as well as we have done so far. If it's the other Spain we probably get torressed again.

Edited by Isegrim

Guest Gordon McKeag
If Germany beat Spain and Holland, they're the most deserving World Cup winners in history. Never has a team had to face as many on the face of it, hard teams. Never thought I'd say it but I almost hope they do it.

Same here, on top of that they've played consistantly better than anyone else in the tournament, and usually it ends up being some dodgy shit like Italy in 2006 or to a much lesser extent France in 98 winning it when there were teams who played much better but didn't get the luck.

Spain have brought very little to the World Cup by comparison, without Villa they'd be back home already. Really hope it's either the Germans or the Dutch.

Really? Obviously the Dutch who have won every game in regular time aren't as consistent as a team who lost to Serbia and struggled to beat Ghana.

What a load of nonsense. The dutch have pilloried by their press. They played shit in all the group games, should've been 3-0 down at HT against Brazil, and were far from dominant against Slovakia. They've had the results but have been no where near as impressive as Germany.

The Dutch have had more consistent results than Germany. Germany have been more impressive in most of their games. I look forward to a Uruguay Spain Final although I would prefer to see the Dutch give Germany a good hoofing in Jo'burg.

More consistent? Because they lost with 10 men for 65 minutes against Serbia? The dutch have been functional and fortunate. It's a non-argument as to who has been more impressive, imo the Germans have delivered the best three performances of the tournament. Slovakia were easily the equals of Holland. Germany 4 0 1 13 2 Holland 5 0 0 9 3

Bullshit! You're obviously watching a different world cup. Germany were beaten before they went to 10 men and as I said Ghana could have had them if they had better composure in front of goal.

Both teams showed that if you mark Schweinsteiger out of the match and press their defence then they are fucked.

The Dutch on the other hand have been cruising along only doing what is necessary and the Brasil game was an example of their ability to step up a gear when things are going against them. Brasil may have been their first real test but they proved their point.

Tbh we would have got something out of the game against Serbia even with 10 men if Lukas "all I can do is whack the ball with full power as long as it's not a penalty" Podolski didn't have as many brain cells as Craig Moore. The game against Ghana wasn't that different to any of Holland's group games imho.

Couple of reasons: Loads of Dutch people still hold grudges because of the way Germans behaved during the time of the occupation in the 40s and let Germans feel it, especially when it comes to football - which leads to Germans not liking them. It all then boiled a bit over during and after the World Cup 1974 and hasn't settled since then. Ronald Koeman wiping his arse with a German shirt in 1988 and Rijkhard's behaviour 1990 added to it a lot.

It's also a love-hate relationship with all those German tourists going to Holland and acting like numpties and millions of Dutch doing the same over here.

For the game on Wednesday, it's strange as I always expect the teams (apart from those at the group stage) to finally find there form against us. It hasn't happened though. So it depends on if the Spain of 2008 turns up on Wednesday or the one from 2010. If it's the former we stand a good chance as long as we play as well as we have done so far. If it's the other Spain we probably get torressed again.

Do Belgium and Denmark think you're cunts too Isegrim, and how do Germans view them?

Guest Gordon McKeag
Am supporting Germany against Spain and if they win, then they deserve my support in the final.

This. I don't want Holland to win it.

Think Germany will beat Spain just as the the bull worriers have completed the 1000'd pass around the center circle and a cackle of dwarves look worriedly at the sky as a cloud goes over the moon.

Do Belgium and Denmark think you're cunts too Isegrim, and how do Germans view them?

Danish people need us and our supermarkets to get cheaper beer at the weekends and Belgians are probably to busy hating each other to really think about us.

Danish people need us and our supermarkets to get cheaper beer at the weekends and Belgians are probably to busy hating each other to really think about us.

How badly do you think not having Mueller in the team will affect Klose' performance?

Still bitter about Rijkaard's grogger in Voller's hair I reckon :o

Uncanny. It's almost like Isegrim mentioned it in his reply or something. :o

Aye - it's a bastard when you reply before reading the whole thread :D

Uncanny. It's almost like Isegrim mentioned it in his reply or something. :D

Aye - it's a bastard when you reply before reading the whole thread :angry:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :angry::o

Purest form of pish I've read on this message board. Even the dutch would say pipe down.

Fuck me, you've obviously never reread most of the shite you post :angry:

Pretends it never happened, like you can try and get away with in a verbal exchange. This one sums him up;

Down the years on this forum people have posted some bollocks, J69 regularly, Sima on the rare occasion he posts, some could argue I have, various WUMs looking for a bite, Gemmill's assertion that mackems and geordies are all the same really, but nothing NOTHING comes anywhere near the level of utter ignorance of this cunts post above.

Nothing excites you about England, are we here to entertain you some jail dodger from Walkaboutcreek??? For me some of the games have been the most entertaining since the Terry Venables era to be honest.

The traditional beating of drums of the English media, and you would know this in Australia how? Football is a big thing in England, it's probably a bigger deal than any country in the world, or it's up there with any place anyway, so the importance of the national team receives vast coverage, and given the fact we have networks like SKY, and the BBC (by far the globes largest broadcaster), we create a huge global awareness of our country probably second behind the yanks, so there's a lot of interest. The jocks use the same argument, the media this, the media that. I tell you what the media have said, almost to a man, we have a good side, but we will get to the QF or SF and lose on pens like we normally do, it's hardly arrogant is it. Tired myth that one like the rest of you post.

Obvious lack of class oh dear.

Last sixteen or last eight with a bit of luck, we're guaranteed to make the last four if we avoid Brazil or Spain, we got to the last eight without breaking a sweat, with a less balanced side, a far poorer manager in 28 degree heat. I'm vigorously shaking me head here, and it goes back to clueless toon fans what I said before and this global thing the KKE and global media influence has imposed on this club.

Anything higher than that you will be truly flabbergasted, even if you genuinely thought we were shite, which I doubt you do in your heart, again you display utter utter cluelessness. Turkey got to the SF in 2002, having got out of a group which contained Brazil, CHINA and COSTA RICA, in the 2nd Round they played JAPAN and QF SENEGAL, to face Brazil again in the SF. Even Scotland could've managed that.

England lack something technically, then in the next breath says lag behind Germany :o you will trawl the entire internet, and not find a less informed load of bollocks than that. Our fucking reserves passed them off the park in Berlin 8 months ago when we won 2-1, and it really was a reserve team. Technically we are excellent, Germany do not possess one player with the technical capabilities of a Gerrard, Lampard, or Rooney, or even Rio Ferdinand who you describe as "finished". Rio is having a bad season, but he's only 30, how can a fit, fast centre half be finished at thirty?? You go on about the media, but you're being suckered in by the criticism in the media of Ferdinand this season. John Terry is widely regarded by many as the best centre back in the world, Ferdinand is better than him for me.

In closing we all have our perceptions and opinions about other nations but the above post you've made as I said one of the most ill-informed load of bollocks ever known since the internets global inception in 1989, further supports my view that crocodile wrestling, jail dodging, shrimp frying flaming gallahs like you, should stick to cricket and that stupid game with about ten posts, and let people who understand the game get on and discuss it.

:D

One of many examples why England don't deserve to host the World Cup in 2018, aside from the warm beer, slags staggering around the streets with broken off high heels, broken glass bottles strewn across pathways and roads, and pot-bellied clowns with shaven heads wearing the cross of St George yelling out, "Weez English!"

The WC should be given to the country with the better footballing culture so I expect Spain/Portugal to be given the go ahead in 2018 and with that a guarantee that I will be over there enjoying the festivities. At least I won't need my raincoat in Spain, not only for the reason of shitty weather that is a constant in England but also because of the water cannons I'd expect that they'd need to use to disperse the yobs as well.

One of many examples why England don't deserve to host the World Cup in 2018, aside from the warm beer, slags staggering around the streets with broken off high heels, broken glass bottles strewn across pathways and roads, and pot-bellied clowns with shaven heads wearing the cross of St George yelling out, "Weez English!"

The WC should be given to the country with the better footballing culture so I expect Spain/Portugal to be given the go ahead in 2018 and with that a guarantee that I will be over there enjoying the festivities. At least I won't need my raincoat in Spain, not only for the reason of shitty weather that is a constant in England but also because of the water cannons I'd expect that they'd need to use to disperse the yobs as well.

:o You're excellent at this wind up stuff, Ken.

Guest Gordon McKeag

Look at me look at me I'm here.

Fuck off you foreign cunt. Stick to hunting seals.

As soon as England lost, I supported Germany. I know what you thik but there is a reason, I used to live there as a child. And they can make white chocolate, unlike Britain, with the vomit inducing milky bar.

Guest alex
As soon as England lost, I supported Germany. I know what you thik but there is a reason, I used to live there as a child. And they can make white chocolate, unlike Britain, with the vomit inducing milky bar.

As good a reason as any.

Guest Gordon McKeag

As good a reason as any.

White Magnums are nice.