Android Apps

Wavey Davey

I love it. Its massive like. When I hold the nexus 4 or 5 my family have now they feel tiny, but battery is phenomenal camera is great. Miss out in the latest versions of android that come out on the nexus, I don't look for cyanogen versions but you could.

The charging cable that comes with it is short, which is a pain. I'm trying not to use cheap called that might damage the battery.

I didn't realise there was this whole invite/only on sale on Tuesday thing going on, so I just bought one off Amazon. Ended up with a Chinese version that doesn't work on 4G in this country. I knew something was afoot when I got a popup ad for a fucking Avril Lavigne album as I was trying to set the thing up!

Anyway, it's going back and I'm gonna wait til Tuesday and order one off their site.

I felt like I'd pulled the sort of spaz move my mam would make when it turned up yesterday, and it gradually dawned on me that I'd bought a lemon.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. I should have said. None of them are 4g compatible in the UK :(

I don't have a 4g contract so didn't cross my mind.

Works on EE and Three apparently, although EE is the better of the two. All the rest are no good cos of the band they use. Bit of a fuck up by OnePlus, really!

Good recommendin' HF. The real, non Chinese version arrived yesterday and it's quality. Canny bit bigger and heavier than the N5,as you said, but the screen is mint.

I got a tempered glass screen protector to try and stop me from fucking it.

Loads of babies whining about the lack of Lollipop on the oneplus forums.

Aye, checked yesterday and saw they went over the ETA of the 30th.

I like how the video on the camera pops up an animation telling you to turn your phone around (pet hate to see portrait videos) and includes Timelapse and slow shutter options not on the google camera. I don't like that it doesn't include photosphere so I have the supplied camera and the google installed.

The gestures are useful too, they work when the phone is asleep.

V toggle torch

|| toggle audio

-> skip track

<- restart track

One last one, the phone runs perfectly fine as it is for me and the battery is great, but if you activate developer mode you can swith on ART runtime which will run it faster but reduce battery...

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/have-you-tried-android-runtime-art.53013/

I've only just hoyed it on to see if the battery life is too harshly impacted.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody using Inbox by Google? It'll depend how you use email as to whether its any use to you but I reckon it's a step up from normal email.

For months man. ;)

Well that just shows the difference between me and you. I find out and I'm straight on here telling everyone and throwing invites about. You keep it all to yourself. What an absolute paedo!

Let us know what you think @@Happy Face, the idea of snoozing emails for different times/places has been a revelation to me.

It's canny. The desktop version is the best change, rather than the phone. Much prettier than gmail.

Have you got cm12 yet. You can force it to upgrade without rooting.

"OK oneplus" seems to be a miserable failure for me.

I managed to eventually get OK Oneplus working. At first it wouldn't recognise that I was speaking at all when it was doing the training bit, but after basically shouting at it a few times, it now works. To be honest, I'm not sure I'll ever use it.