Android Apps

Wavey Davey

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use doggcatcher. Have you tried ticking the use unique names option in the Feed Options, for the feed that isn't working.

I have done now. Will report back if it doesn't work!

Don't know if it's the kind of thing you want, but him indoors has just this minute been bending my ear about Podcast Addict. Two nerd thumbs up from the other sofa, apparently.

Aye, that was the first one I tried. It was canny but I couldn't seem to find an option for login details on a subscription feed.

BeyondPod is the best I've used by far.

That will be next on my list if Doggcatcher isn't working.

Cheers for the help gents, much appreciated.

I use mine in my car on the Bluetooth, and beyondpod has never quite worked right on it. Fucks up if you take a phone call while you're listening to something. So beware if you're gonna use it for that.

Just got an Xperia Z2 and they have a Sony podcast app which seems ok. Pretty crappy for Google not to have one.

• 4 weeks later...

Chill out, you absolute power lesbian!

I got my gran one of those GBox midnight things, which I imagine is similar to this. That seems to work with a lot less hassle attached than the Raspberry Pi does. Don't get me wrong, I have very little grief with my raspberry pi, but I'm forever having to fix the ones I set up for my mam and sister. (I'm assuming they are doing something to knack them).

@@Gemmill

I know you've got your Raspberry Pi but have you seen these? They look too good to be true. (What with the auto updates and that)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U-mate-mate-Android-TV-BOX-S802-4-4-KITKAT-QUAD-CORE-YOU-NOT-FIND-BETTER-UNIT-/191218655322

Hey Tooj, is there any other place I could buy this? these fuckers are useless. Been trying buy this but I don't want to use paypal, that they insist on using. Had some bad experiences using paypal.

press the logo on the top left.

+ subscribe

you then have a few search options and an 'add rss url' about halfway down the page.

Chill out, you absolute power lesbian!

I got my gran one of those GBox midnight things, which I imagine is similar to this. That seems to work with a lot less hassle attached than the Raspberry Pi does. Don't get me wrong, I have very little grief with my raspberry pi, but I'm forever having to fix the ones I set up for my mam and sister. (I'm assuming they are doing something to knack them).

:lol: :lol:

Hey Tooj, is there any other place I could buy this? these fuckers are useless. Been trying buy this but I don't want to use paypal, that they insist on using. Had some bad experiences using paypal.

Do they only use Paypal on their website as well?

Do they only use Paypal on their website as well?

They say you can use your credit card but where you click on the icon not use paypal , nothing happens. I sent them e-mails telling them the problem but still they say we use only ebay and paypal.

• 1 month later...

Link Bubble

Action Launcher

@@Happy Face these will be bang up your street, particularly LB. There's good videos for each app in the app store so you can see what they're about.

Is that the right way to tag HF?

Is link bubble a full browser or does it work with chrome?

For me, I think the ease of my bookmarks syncing across all devices will be preferable to links opening in the background.

Action Launcher looks quality though, cheers.

Cheers, I'll have a look.

As with a lot of this stuff, I love the apps themselves, but if they hammer the battery or memory then that's my priority and I'd rather stick with the perfectly good native apps and minimise the other apps which are being a drain.

Google Now was great, but it raped my battery to use any of the beneficial automated features. Had to go.