Wavey Davey

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love stuff like this :lol:

iPhone App Emails Photo To Owner After Theft

uhejydyd.jpg

A woman has unwittingly taken her own picture as she attempted to unlock a stolen phone.

The image was then automatically sent to the owner who called the police.

A "rather cool" app downloaded on to the phone takes a picture of anyone who tries to unlock it, maps their location and then sends the information to the owner in an email, Sussex Police said.

The phone was stolen from the Coalition nightclub in Brighton, East Sussex, earlier this month.

Police said they do not know whether the woman pictured was responsible for the theft but they appealed for her or anyone who recognises her to contact them.

"We know where and when the photo was taken and it appears to be in a vehicle with quite a large sunroof,” PC Gavin Crute, of Sussex Police, said.

"We don't know that the woman is the person who stole the camera, but she obviously has had some connection with it in the meantime and I'd like to speak to her about it," he added.

:: Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101.

https://soundtracking.com/

Sounds like Instagram with music....

SoundTracking is a fun way to share the soundtrack of your life.

With a few taps of your phone, identify a song instantly and then share the song snippet, a photo and your geo-location all in one special music moment that you can share into Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare. You and your friends can follow, like and comment on each other's daily music tastes and even play songs in Rdio or Spotify!

SoundTracking now includes a lock-screen & home-screen widget, as well as YouTube clip playback support, and more improvements!

Whether you’re out with friends at a party, walking outdoors with your headphones on, or just hanging out with the radio on, the SoundTracking app now allows you to easily share your favorite jam. Beginner tip: start by posting your "Song of the Day" or what music is "Now Playing".

HF , while you're about, how's your Nexus4 working out for you ?

Any glitches etc. ?

Had it since Monday. I have the widely reported Bluetooth issue with android 4.2. Upgraded to 4.2.1 and still not able to get bluetooth on. Hope to see a fix soon.

Otherwise it's a pleasure. December exists. The photo sphere feature is immense. Watched a bit of Cars on it yesterday and it was a lush picture. I was worried about it not having expandable memory but I've got all the apps I want on there along with half a dozen podcasts with 10gb to spare so can't see space becoming too much of an issue as long as I stream all my music/video...which I plan to do rather than storing local.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Had it since Monday. I have the widely reported Bluetooth issue with android 4.2. Upgraded to 4.2.1 and still not able to get bluetooth on. Hope to see a fix soon.

Otherwise it's a pleasure. December exists. The photo sphere feature is immense. Watched a bit of Cars on it yesterday and it was a lush picture. I was worried about it not having expandable memory but I've got all the apps I want on there along with half a dozen podcasts with 10gb to spare so can't see space becoming too much of an issue as long as I stream all my music/video...which I plan to do rather than storing local.

Eventually got one the other day and it's money well spent and no mistake , great stuff .

One thing though , Flash content , how have you negotiated this particular hurdle if you don't mind me asking ?

Only way I've got working so far is with Firefox Beta (with latest Flash apk installed) but the browser crashes loads . . whaddawado ?

Eventually got one the other day and it's money well spent and no mistake , great stuff .

One thing though , Flash content , how have you negotiated this particular hurdle if you don't mind me asking ?

Only way I've got working so far is with Firefox Beta (with latest Flash apk installed) but the browser crashes loads . . whaddawado ?

Only time I've honestly noticed it is when I try to watch Kermode uncut in feedly or flipboard. But then I just watch it on youtube instead.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hangouts 2.0 is out and looks canny good. Works on android 4.0 up. You can send free messages across the internet to groups like in whatsapp or viber, but you can also integrate mms and SMS. It imports all your old conversations. Always admitting having different messaging apps so I've replaced my existing messaging app with it.

Just need more people to start using the video call function on there.

• 2 weeks later...

Google Now is getting better and better. Woke up this morning to two cards on my home screen, one providing details of the hotel I'm staying in tonight, and the other with details of my flight.

The hotel card had links to call the hotel, or view more information about the hotel. I'll see if this works, but apparently when I get to CDG it'll also provide me with transit options to get from the airport to my hotel, including which train to get and operating times.

All of which is canny useful stuff.