Driving

Andrew

Your folks not help you out with Lessons and the likes?

More than likely. I'll be able to pay for the lessons myself. Then I'll just see if they'll put in about £500 towards a car for Christmas.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:jesuswept:

Jesus I'd love to be rich :yahoo: This is gonna cost about 3k altogether for driving lessons, car & insurance :yahoo:

+ tax + petrol

Cars should have a giant slot in the top of them, all you do is feed them money anyways

Fuck, forgot about tax. How much tax do you have to pay?

:jesuswept:

Jesus I'd love to be rich :yahoo: This is gonna cost about 3k altogether for driving lessons, car & insurance :yahoo:

+ tax + petrol

Cars should have a giant slot in the top of them, all you do is feed them money anyways

Fuck, forgot about tax. How much tax do you have to pay?

Depends on the car its different depending on it's emissions etc, mines just over £300 a year :/

Fucking hell. All this on a McDonalds wage :yahoo:

just get a bird with her own car, mate.

I don't want a car just to get from A to B. I want to be able to actually drive. It looks good :yahoo:

I don't want a car just to get from A to B. I want to be able to actually drive. It looks good :jesuswept:

Not in a fucking Clio, it doesn't

I don't want a car just to get from A to B. I want to be able to actually drive. It looks good :jesuswept:

But I love Clio's :yahoo: what about a black Clio?

Or a silver 206 :yahoo:

But I love Clio's :yahoo: what about a black Clio?

Or a silver 206 :yahoo:

No. :yahoo:

• 5 weeks later...

Theory test out of the way today, nervous as hell going into it, the staff dont help the miserable sods, if my job was that bloody easy I'd lighten up a bit

hopefully be getting my practical test booked after my next lesson next week

then (at last) I'll be cashing in on the promised 21st birthday present ;)

genuinely excited, cant wait for monday, will be doing my dads nut in no doubt wanting to go out driving before I get my full licence

brother in law is a car trader so we've done well on it, found it on autotrader

insurance is a little frightening looking at some of the offers, looks like it will be around £800 minimum

First car deposit paid for today, picking it up monday after its been MOTd

Fish wont like this one bit

media.jpg

Nice mate. Fish wears blazers on nights out so I wouldn't worry about his choice of cars, clothes or anything else for that matter.

aye its everything Ill need

been looking at autotrader for a bit waiting for something good to come along, was between that clio and a citroen C2 which I actually really liked but its no difference to me to be honest

Same goes for me this week, hoping to get this on thursday, booked an appointment to see it so it's all down to how much i get offered trading in on my wee car atm

img4c523d0ee85a7.jpg

insurance is a little frightening looking at some of the offers, looks like it will be around £800 minimum

Count yourself lucky Andrew if your under a grand that you don't live here, last year when i got my first insurance and my 1.6lt vitara i was paying £1100 and i'm 28

Those cars always remind me of this

Sweet_Valley_High_TV_Intro.jpg

picked up the clio today, cant insure the fucking thing because it was on a personal reg and the DVLA havent switched it back over yet so no driving the damn thing yet...torturous looking out the window seeing my first car and I cant drive the bloody thing!

and I can tell you that to sit behind me in driving position in that car will require you to have on legs, theres literally 2 inches between the back seat and mine

Anyone contemplating the jump and planning to get driving lesson should check my website.

www.ajhsom.co.uk

I'll be happy to help you on your journey to driving independance.

I can confirm that this bloke is indeed good at what he does.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone renewed their car insurance in the last couple of months?

Mine is due next month and I haven't had the renewal letter yet but have just responded to two invites for quotes from Direct Line and Churchill which were fucking ridiculous - twice as much as what I paid last year with Elephant for shitter policies.

I'm worried there's a typical insurance industry take the piss phase going on.

• 2 months later...

I'm going to start learning quite soon - although It's quite late seeing as I'm 23.

I'm a quick learner generally and I have been on the road before in the form of a scooter :icon_lol:

What would people say is a decent price?