Wikileaks

Happy Face

Ok, fair point but how culpable is he of this crime? He didnt steal them in the first place, he published them. Extradition to the US and then life imprisonment for this? Because he is a twat?

As for this Swedish bird, if they can stitch up Strauss Kahn because he opposes austerity, they can stitch up an egotistical subversive from wikileaks.

Have to take issue with this comment. Strauss Kahn appears to be in a bracket with the Herman Cains and Bill Clintons of the world, where numerous women come forward with claims of sexual harassment, assault and so on. It is fair to suspect them of being psychopaths, unless we assume all these women are lying. Assange is not of that ilk: beyond the two wikileaks groupies, who, judging by the statements they have released so far, appear to have given him the come-on (and subsequently accused him of 'sex by surprise'--ie slipping it in sans rubber), there are no other claims of rape or harassment coming out of the woodwork. There was a woman he tried it on with, sending her gloopy, cringeworthy emails which were eventually published, but after his woeful and unsuccessful attempts to woo her--so typical of the nerd culture he comes from--there was no wrongdoing.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Wikileaks is no different and would like to work with the US government in redacting sensitive information not in the public interest. However, the US government views the NYT more favourably and refuses to work with Wikileaks to that end. It is the US government that is therefore responsible for any information getting out there that they deem irresponsible.

See the linked letter from the Department of Defense to Wikileaks which says as much.

http://openanthropol...8/gc-letter.pdf

This is NOT restricted to Assange and Manning by the way. See the stat provided above. Look at the cases of John Kiriakou and Tom Drake. Shamai Liebowitz, Jeffrey Sterling and James Risen from a cursory google search.

Do the crime do the time.

• 9 months later...

1.7m cables from Kissingers era now been dumped

http://wikileaks.org/plusd/

Just did a search on "Bob Dylan" and got loads of results :lol:

Apparently they were keen for him to tour Russia and spread his message of dissent

POST BELIEVES THAT POWERFUL MESSAGE OF EXISTENCE

AND TOLERANCE OF DISSENT IN FREE SOCIETY

IMPLICIT IN SONGS OF DYLAN, BAEZ AND MITCHELL

WORTH EXTRA EFFORT ON PART OF DEPT. AND EMB TO

BRING TO SOVIET UNION. ADVISE.

STOESSEL

also found one about him in the Iraq cables...

"Bush seeks to maintain some modicum of power and avoid the

humiliation imposed by the deadlines and modalities of an

unavoidable withdrawal. Nonetheless, politics often shows no mercy

to losers. Bob Dylan said it a long time ago - you do not need to be

a meteorologist to know what the direction of the wind is."

:D

• 2 years later...

On March 16, 2016 WikiLeaks launched a searchable archive for 30,322 emails & email attachments sent to and from Hillary Clinton's private email server while she was Secretary of State. The 50,547 pages of documents span from 30 June 2010 to 12 August 2014. 7,570 of the documents were sent by Hillary Clinton. The emails were made available in the form of thousands of PDFs by the US State Department as a result of a Freedom of Information Act request. The final PDFs were made available on February 29, 2016.

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/

May 9 2010

Clegg remains in negotiations. He seems quite intent on working it out with Cameron, it appears. His inner Tory magnetically draws him to his heritage. Clegg has also misplayed almost every turn, presented with big chances and blowing them through a combination of inexperience (derived partly from heading a party out of power for nearly 100 years) and inbred arrogance (from no less a privileged background than Cameron, though seeming less snobbish because he went to Westminster instead of Eton and has a less pronounced upper-class accent).

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/161

:lol:

Seven and a half thousand pages and that's the worst piece of grammar you could find? :D

Her judgement of Clegg was spot on BTW.

Wasn't her, was her advisor's view of Clegg.

And I've only read 2, I'm sure there's worse, but reminded me of the Hitchens quote about spending time with people in power to discover they're fucking idiots... paraphrasing.

Hardly though. I personally find the most intelligent people tend not to be anal about grammar especially in ephemeral communication. It's not important, and I'm saying this as an ex-proof writer.

Hardly though. I personally find the most intelligent people tend not to be anal about grammar especially in ephemeral communication. It's not important, and I'm saying this as an ex-proof writer.

Big difference between the occasional typo or the omission of punctuation, and using the wrong words, though.

I certainly wouldn't send a work email containing an error like that when it costs nothing to get it right.

Of course, being bothered about this kind of thing has always drawn criticism. As if not caring about clarity of language is something to aspire to.

Don't put yourself down...

And GF's spelling is shocking - he's obviously not doing an English module.

:whistling:
Being anal enough to find an 11 year post probably makes me a window licker on the Renton scale like :blush2:

Don't put yourself down...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/1939-students/page-10#entry43720

:whistling:

Being anal enough to find an 11 year post probably makes me a window licker on the Renton scale like :blush2:

:lol:

Brilliant, even more so as I was criticising Fish in that post. :D

But yes, I proofed for part of a living then. Have been promoted since and now don't give a shit. ;)

• 6 months later...