starting 11 for the first game of the season

Dr Gloom

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On todays performance id go with this team for Man U...

----------------harper----------------

Perch-Williamson-Coloccini-Enrique

-----------------Smith----------------

Routledge-----Barton------Gutierrez

--------------------Carroll-------------

------Lovenkrands--------------------

Subs: Krul, Kadar, Raylor, Nolan, Guthrie, Shola and Xisco

What is it you see in Smith? He's a total clogger.

------------------- Harper --------------------

Perch ------ William ------ Collo ------- Jose

Wayne ----- Joey ----- Guthrie ----- Jonas

------------------- Ben Arfa --------------

--------------- Andy --------------------

Hopefully we sign a decent striker to play instead of Carroll.

Edited by Kevin

------------------- Harper --------------------

Perch ------ William ------ Collo ------- Jose

Wayne ----- Joey ----- Guthrie ----- Jonas

------------------- Ben Arfa --------------

--------------- Andy --------------------

Hopefully we sign a decent striker to play instead of Carroll.

Arfa is a winger

Is he not an AMC aswell?

You can't play a LW as an AMC in a formation with two ZBFs and a LRWB man.

your tactics are outdated....we're going to punt it up to Carroll and hope for the best, in line with modern tactical theory :D

We'll play 5 in midfiled including Barton,Nolan and Guthrie and only one of Guti or Routledge, which means Guti...

Willo and Collo, Jose and errr....Perch or Taylor is really the only choice CH has got to make.

4 nowt at least :D

We'll play 5 in midfiled including Barton,Nolan and Guthrie and only one of Guti or Routledge, which means Guti...

Willo and Collo, Jose and errr....Perch or Taylor is really the only choice CH has got to make.

Defensive 4-5-1:

Harper

Raylor Campbell Williamson Enrique

Barton Smith Guthrie Guti

Nolan

Carroll

Attacking 4-4-2:

Harper

Guti Campbell Williamson Enrique

Routledge Barton Guthrie Ben Arfa

Lovenkrands Carroll

Doesn't matter which team we put out tbh, I still think we'll lose.

You never played ;

===GK===

RB CB CB LB

===CM===

RW AMC LW

=ST=ST=

on footy manager? That tactic is win win, being using it for 8 seasons, and i won the league 7 times, champions league 6, FA Cup 4, league cup 7 and many more.

Defensive 4-5-1:

Harper

Raylor Campbell Williamson Enrique

Barton Smith Guthrie Guti

Nolan

Carroll

Attacking 4-4-2:

Harper

Guti Campbell Williamson Enrique

Routledge Barton Guthrie Ben Arfa

Lovenkrands Carroll

Doesn't matter which team we put out tbh, I still think we'll lose.

Campbell not fit for the Manure match, so that will be Colo with Williamson. That would be very interesting to see Gutierrez used at right-back, I know he played there for Argentina but don't know whether he'd have the same care when playing for us, and will still be trying to beat his man which could have disasterous results if he loses the ball. Routledge also doesn't offer much of a defensive shield, so he'd probably be under a fair bit of pressure.

Having said all that I'd love to see that team played instead of one where Nolan has a lazy jog about behind Carroll. For once we'd have a side with some real pace about it, all of Guti, Routledge, Ben Arfa, Enrique and Lovenkrands have decent pace.

You never played ;

===GK===

RB CB CB LB

===CM===

RW AMC LW

=ST=ST=

on footy manager? That tactic is win win, being using it for 8 seasons, and i won the league 7 times, champions league 6, FA Cup 4, league cup 7 and many more.

I've never played FM at all. I feel such a fool :D

If Arfa is signed and available for the Man Utd game (and given he's a left-winger, apparently) I'd like to see him play there, Jonas on the right and Routledge playing behind Carroll. Might as well have a go as we're not set-up to sit back and soak up pressure imo. Don't think we will play that side though.

If Arfa is signed and available for the Man Utd game (and given he's a left-winger, apparently) I'd like to see him play there, Jonas on the right and Routledge playing behind Carroll. Might as well have a go as we're not set-up to sit back and soak up pressure imo. Don't think we will play that side though.

I'd rather play Arfa behind Carroll in a less structured role. Let Routledge and Jonas play on the wings as they have been for us, tell Arfa there's no pressure and it's about fitness and putting in a decent performance. Rather than putting him on the wing where he'll be expected to perform in an unsual team.

I know naturally he starts wide, but I'm guessing if you give the option of playing in the hole, he'll jump at it. No responsibility, greater chance of creative expression and less endeavour expected of him.

I'd rather play Arfa behind Carroll in a less structured role. Let Routledge and Jonas play on the wings as they have been for us, tell Arfa there's no pressure and it's about fitness and putting in a decent performance. Rather than putting him on the wing where he'll be expected to perform in an unsual team.

I know naturally he starts wide, but I'm guessing if you give the option of playing in the hole, he'll jump at it. No responsibility, greater chance of creative expression and less endeavour expected of him.

Can't argue with that logic, Fish. I just fancy that role for Routledge as he comes inside a bit anyway and looks to thread players in, rather than get wide and whip crosses in, etc. We know it'll be Nolan there like so it's all moot.

Can't argue with that logic, Fish. I just fancy that role for Routledge as he comes inside a bit anyway and looks to thread players in, rather than get wide and whip crosses in, etc. We know it'll be Nolan there like so it's all moot.

Aye that's fair enough and long term it might be an option. But I just look at the strikers we have, we seem to have a few "big men" but nobody but Lovenkrands with any movement. Makes me think that perhaps Ben Arfa has been signed as that kind of striker?

Aye that's fair enough and long term it might be an option. But I just look at the strikers we have, we seem to have a few "big men" but nobody but Lovenkrands with any movement. Makes me think that perhaps Ben Arfa has been signed as that kind of striker?

we haven't signed him yet. will everyone please stop jinxing it