Bellamy on way out at Man City

Kitman

Agent dickery stopped that, didn't it?

I thought it was just a case of Arsenal wanting them so he went there. Incidentally I saw Jeffers on a programme about up and coming players before he broke into the Everton side. Apart from the 'Everton 'til I die' shite I remember him being in a posh restaurant on the Albert Dock (or similar) and he looked like it was the first time he'd seen a knife and fork.

Was Danny Cadamarteri in the same show? I seem to remember getting the same impression from him when they did a piece on him.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agent dickery stopped that, didn't it?

I thought it was just a case of Arsenal wanting them so he went there. Incidentally I saw Jeffers on a programme about up and coming players before he broke into the Everton side. Apart from the 'Everton 'til I die' shite I remember him being in a posh restaurant on the Albert Dock (or similar) and he looked like it was the first time he'd seen a knife and fork.

Was Danny Cadamarteri in the same show? I seem to remember getting the same impression from him when they did a piece on him.

Might've been. Obviously this was before they were famous so they didn't all stand out and some will have sank without trace. I just remembered Jeffers as he broke into the first team not long afterwards and has unmistakable lugs :lol:

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I'm sick of reading about Hall and Shepherd now. Leazes is generally spot on when appraising them, I think this sentence covers a wide topic which has been discussed more than is palatable.

It's not ridiculous at all Leazes.

Just answer his question rather than return with a load of propaganda as to why you feel the Hall/Shepherd years were so wonderful please. :lol:

Top players in what context ? They bought players good enough to "challenge for the title, breaking the world transfer record and signing players of the quality to play in the Champions League"

How many other clubs did this ? Do you not think players such as Shearer, Ferdinand, Ferguson, Speed, Hamman, Solano, Dyer, Bellamy, Woodgate, Jenas, Viana, Cole, Ginola, Albert, Peacock, Batty, Pistone, Domi, Goma, Robert, Milner, Parker etc were all players considered to be of the quality to play for a team playing in europe at the going rate or not ? Or do you think they were all "trophy players" - a laughable phrase trotted out by so called "knowledgeable supporters" if ever there was one.

Simple fact is the Halls and Shepherd years were years which had not been seen at this club for a long time, and it may be a long time before they are seen again, and it's a joke that so-called "knowledgeable supporters" found it all so "embarrassing" and even worse now, after 3 years of utter bollocks since the club was sold, they still don't see it.

This is the same bunch of "knowledgeable supporters" that booed a team which finished 5th top of the premiership, cheered the same team that came 14th a year later, and would now accept a place 5th bottom of the same league in the season just started.

You could not make it up

Why don't you tell thompers he is spouting personality driven shite, because that is all it is. If you don't consider all those players listed to be signings made with the view to try and win trophies and considered to be of the quality required to do it, then I'm afraid you too have a lot to learn and tbh I'm surprised at your naivety.

I'm sick of reading about Hall and Shepherd now. Leazes is generally spot on when appraising them, I think this sentence covers a wide topic which has been discussed more than is palatable.

I'm sick of silly cunts like thompers continuing to run them down mate. Most people have realised by now that they weren't so bad after all, even if they didn't like their personalities for some reason, because basically that side of it is irrelevant anyway.

Just answer his question rather than return with a load of propaganda as to why you feel the Hall/Shepherd years were so wonderful please. :lol:

Top players in what context ? They bought players good enough to "challenge for the title, breaking the world transfer record and signing players of the quality to play in the Champions League"

How many other clubs did this ? Do you not think players such as Shearer, Ferdinand, Ferguson, Speed, Hamman, Solano, Dyer, Bellamy, Woodgate, Jenas, Viana, Cole, Ginola, Albert, Peacock, Batty, Pistone, Domi, Goma, Robert, Milner, Parker etc were all players considered to be of the quality to play for a team playing in europe at the going rate or not ? Or do you think they were all "trophy players" - a laughable phrase trotted out by so called "knowledgeable supporters" if ever there was one.

Simple fact is the Halls and Shepherd years were years which had not been seen at this club for a long time, and it may be a long time before they are seen again, and it's a joke that so-called "knowledgeable supporters" found it all so "embarrassing" and even worse now, after 3 years of utter bollocks since the club was sold, they still don't see it.

This is the same bunch of "knowledgeable supporters" that booed a team which finished 5th top of the premiership, cheered the same team that came 14th a year later, and would now accept a place 5th bottom of the same league in the season just started.

You could not make it up

Why don't you tell thompers he is spouting personality driven shite, because that is all it is. If you don't consider all those players listed to be signings made with the view to try and win trophies and considered to be of the quality required to do it, then I'm afraid you too have a lot to learn and tbh I'm surprised at your naivety.

I take it you're not going to then? Never mind.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I'm sick of silly cunts like thompers continuing to run them down mate. Most people have realised by now that they weren't so bad after all, even if they didn't like their personalities for some reason, because basically that side of it is irrelevant anyway.

I always disliked Hall for his persona, what he did was magnificent for the club visionary and deserves praise. FFS I happen to like full stop. He's just an ordinary bloke who was up to a point in time a very good chairman of this football club.

i think most people admit shepherd was a better chairman than ashley - at keast he gave a shit about the club.

but most wanted rid and were glad when he left. and not many would want him back now either.

i think most people admit shepherd was a better chairman than ashley - at keast he gave a shit about the club.

but most wanted rid and were glad when he left. and not many would want him back now either.

My point is nothing to do with the Halls and Shepherd being better than Mike Ashley at all. My point is that when they ran the club, we had one of the best clubs in the country. And that - is a nailed on fact, borne out by european qualifications, league positions, and how the profile and standing of the club was raised within the game among the best quality footballers, managers, media and other supporters in the game, throught both the UK and europe.

Just answer his question rather than return with a load of propaganda as to why you feel the Hall/Shepherd years were so wonderful please. :)

You could not make it up

I take it you're not going to then? Never mind.

plenty of names there pal. Unless you rather stupidly believe that every player we signed was going to beat the world record along with beating the door down :lol:

When exactly do you think such quality players will be attracted to this club again ?

When exactly do you think such quality players will be attracted to this club again ?

You ask that question as if I've dared suggest we're in a better situation these days.

my point is as stated. It's all relative. When do you think someone will come in and capitalise on the fanbase etc again like they did ?

Unless of course, you judge a football club on something other than performance on the pitch and the subsequent raising of profile within the game that comes with it ?

In fact, why not answer the question ? I take it you're not going to then? Never mind.

Edited by LeazesMag

You ask that question as if I've dared suggest we're in a better situation these days.

my point is as stated. It's all relative. When do you think someone will come in and capitalise on the fanbase etc again like they did ?

Unless of course, you judge a football club on something other than performance on the pitch and the subsequent raising of profile within the game that comes with it ?

In fact, why not answer the question ? I take it you're not going to then? Never mind.

I don't think it'll ever happen again because I think we peaked at the same time that football in general in this country was on the way up. We rode the wave which is a credit to those running the club because their timing was spot on.

If we tried to do the same thing now with the same people in charge, I don't think we'd get the same result - the whole gameplan is so so different.

Not like Leazes to back-pedal and divert the conversation back to accusing us of thinking that the old board weren't ambitious which has never been the accusation :lol:

Not like Leazes to back-pedal and divert the conversation back to accusing us of thinking that the old board weren't ambitious which has never been the accusation :lol:

are you disputing we were one of the top clubs in the country during those years then :lol: which has always been my point.

Not like you to disregard it though. When do YOU think someone will come and do better than the [according to you, shite] Halls and Shepherd ?

Qualifying for europe and the Champions League ? Easy peasy stuff isn't it :)

are you disputing we were one of the top clubs in the country during those years then :icon_lol: which has always been my point.

Not like you to disregard it though. When do YOU think someone will come and do better than the [according to you, shite] Halls and Shepherd ?

No I'm not fucking disputing it, Christ! :lol:

We were one of the top clubs, for a period, which I acknowledge. But then we weren't by the time they fucking left you tit!

THEY decided to appoint Souness. They backed him because they were ambitious, which is so commendable, and lovely, but to make such a spectacularly fucking stupid decision in the first place caused our spiralling decline, then to appoint Gelnn Roeder, dear me.

Are you denying that these decisions cost us our place as a top 4 club?

are you disputing we were one of the top clubs in the country during those years then :icon_lol: which has always been my point.

We were one of the top clubs, for a period, which I acknowledge. But then we weren't by the time they fucking left you tit!

THEY decided to appoint Souness. They backed him because they were ambitious, which is so commendable, and lovely, but to make such a spectacularly fucking stupid decision in the first place caused our spiralling decline, then to appoint Gelnn Roeder, dear me.

Would you also say therefore that Brian Clough was a shite manager because in his last year with Notts Forest they were relegated, which is obviously bollocks, he was brilliant. You can't cherry pick what suits you.

They may also have appointed another good manager and done well again. You can't discount it. It doesn't make them a poor board, because they weren't.

It's also like saying Keegan was a shite manager because he didn't sustain the 12 point lead we had over ManU at the top of the league.

You're talking bollocks man. You're changing your perspective too, because you know it.

Anyway, I'm can't be arsed with this with you anymore, and I thought you had put me on ignore again :icon_lol:

Craig Bellamy is far too good to step down to the 2nd division. It's criminal that a club like us can't tempt him to come back here instead.

Leeds played in the Champions League too and were SUPER ambitious.

Suppose they were superbly run were they? :lol:

sure, lets have years of absolutely nothing, like the mackems have had, or maybe our own future under Mike Ashley. You can remember those years of relegation scraps instead of reaching semi finals of the European Cup :)

Would you also say therefore that Brian Clough was a shite manager because in his last year with Notts Forest they were relegated, which is obviously bollocks, he was brilliant. You can't cherry pick what suits you.

They may also have appointed another good manager and done well again. You can't discount it. It doesn't make them a poor board, because they weren't.

It's also like saying Keegan was a shite manager because he didn't sustain the 12 point lead we had over ManU at the top of the league.

You're talking bollocks man. You're changing your perspective too, because you know it.

Anyway, I'm can't be arsed with this with you anymore, and I thought you had put me on ignore again :icon_lol:

Craig Bellamy is far too good to step down to the 2nd division. It's criminal that a club like us can't tempt him to come back here instead.

How fucking is it? :icon_lol:

There's a difference between a good manager losing games and a 'good' chairman appointing Souness, Roeder and Fat Sam. Oh and I can discount them appointing another good manager and doing well again, because they'd already spent all the fucking money backing the shit managers.

You fucking tool.

Leeds played in the Champions League too and were SUPER ambitious.

Suppose they were superbly run were they? :)

sure, lets have years of absolutely nothing, like the mackems have had, or maybe our own future under Mike Ashley. You can remember those years of relegation scraps instead of reaching semi finals of the European Cup :lol:

What are you fucking on about you massive cock.

Just answer the question :lol: Were Leeds well ran because they were in the Champions League?