Bellamy on way out at Man City

Kitman

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EPL Talk: “Lets talk about Newcastle United. What was was your greatest memory of playing there?”

Craig Bellamy: “My greatest memory there was Bobby Robson, playing for Bobby Robson, so you know that was it really. I was lucky he signed me and just to be involved with him, because he understood the club and you know he knew what the club was, he knew what the people were, which I think was key to going into a new club. You have to understand who you represent and who you are trying to play for, and he made it clear to us. we had a good team, we had a really good team, we were young, alot of athletes and we finished third, fourth and fifth. The year we finished fifth I could just sense it wasn’t, a few of the fans were expecting more they were expecting league titles. Newcastle united win league titles? I don’t think so! And I just thought they expected and things started to turn alittle bit and I just felt we didn’t start the season well particularly like we didn’t start any season well to be honest but we always came back with a late run you know, and just got there. We didn’t start one season too well and I can just remember, alot of fans were turning and booing and Skysports would be outside the ground and Newcastle fans would be moaning about this and that, and it just led to the manager getting sacked, which was just a complete shock and was embarrassing really when I look back on it now, how he can get the sack, but I also thought the crowd played a big part of in that as well, and for me I’ve had options to go back up there since and I wont! no chance! because I played for him and there is no one else to play for up there.”

EPL: “Yeah, there is no one else to play for once you’ve played for Sir Bobby maybe. Period.”

Craig Bellamy: “Well there is, but not at Newcastle!”

No neck dwarf cunt. There wasn't one protest outside the ground during his time at the club the fuckin arsehole rewriting history. "Newcastle winning titles" if we hadn't have bottled it two years running in 2002 and 2003 we could've fucking done it.

He's obviously referring to the start of the 2004/05 season. My mind might be getting mixed up a bit but I seem to recall the turn of events in those early weeks of that season being:

• Bellamy's mate Keiron refused to play right-wing and also refused to be captain away at Boro. We were winning with only seconds left and Hasselbaink bundled the ball into our net with his hand and it was given.
  • Woodgate was sold to Real Madrid by Shepherd. SBR had absolutely no dealing in it at all but was made by the club to stand in front of the cameras outside the Gallowgate end to explain what was going on.
  • We lost at home to Spurs to some outrageous goal from Atouba.
  • Shepherd put a crazy bid in for Wayne Rooney and actually thought we were going to sign him. Evidently unsettled the players as we could only draw 2-2 at home to newly promoted Norwich. Bellamy came on the cameras afterwards making it abundantly clear that if Rooney arrives, he'll be off and he wasn't welcoming to the idea.
  • By this time the Sky Sports vultures were hovering sensing an imminent killing. We lost 4-2 at Villa and Sheperd duly fed them Sir Bobby by sacking him.

I don't remember at one point was there a single NUFC support stood outside the ground protesting at Sir Bobby or his style of play. If Bellamy had beef with anyone in those first few weeks of that season it should have the chairman as it was he who rocked the boat.

It's hardly surprising that he was wax lyrical of only SBR's management at NUFC seeing as he was the manager who gave Bellamy the best years of his career. There was only one other manager he worked for during his time here and we all know how that ended up.

The season we finished fourth (01/02) was our biggest chance. Fergie said he thought we wouldve won it too if Bellamy hadnt got injured in March..."If theyd kept Bellamy fit, the crowd may wel have pushed them over the line"...the next season we finished 3rd but didnt play anywhere near as well, especially away from home. Beating Leeds and Arsenal away from home the same week in December 2001 and being top at xmas was special. Never reached those heights the next season.

I think Bellamy might have been referring in a round about way to the "Wolves walk out" in May 04, just after we'd come back from Marseille with our tales between our legs. Not our finest hour tbh, Sir Bobby certainly felt that was a nail in his coffin at NUFC. He felt Shepherd interpretated that as Sir Bob losing support from among the fans. I think it was just massive disappointment tbh.

The season we finished fourth (01/02) was our biggest chance. Fergie said he thought we wouldve won it too if Bellamy hadnt got injured in March..."If theyd kept Bellamy fit, the crowd may wel have pushed them over the line"...the next season we finished 3rd but didnt play anywhere near as well, especially away from home. Beating Leeds and Arsenal away from home the same week in December 2001 and being top at xmas was special. Never reached those heights the next season.

I think Bellamy might have been referring in a round about way to the "Wolves walk out" in May 04, just after we'd come back from Marseille with our tales between our legs. Not our finest hour tbh, Sir Bobby certainly felt that was a nail in his coffin at NUFC. He felt Shepherd interpretated that as Sir Bob losing support from among the fans. I think it was just massive disappointment tbh.

People forget in 2003 with 8 games to go we all had 61 points, us, Arsenal and Man Utd. We had on paper the best run in too, but the first of those 8 games was at home to Man Utd, we went 1-0 up, but lost 2-6, if we'd have won that game, we'd have went to Everton and won there imo, and who knows what would've happened.

What a prick.

We could have won one season if that daft twat wasnt injured at the end of it. I think SAF pretty much said just that (not sure he also said the daft twat bit). Funny how little he recollects. One of the problems the club had when SBR was here was lack of discipline from some of the younger players like him, going out an having bother in town etc. Thats primarily why the club took the knee jerk reaction and went for Souness, for his supposed handling of that type of player. Course all he done was got rid. I also know the lad who lives at the bottom of my street twatted Bellamy for being mouthy on a night out.

We were unlucky against Villa in the 2-4 as well; I think the keeper handled it outside the box and nothing was given, some shite decisions. I remember feeling nauseous when Souness was announced as manager, completely sick.

Ashley/Llambias have made many poor to terrible decisions since they came into the club, the likes of which culminated in a relegation and the unrest we're experiencing at the moment.

But you could argue that they never did anything as singularly monumentally stupid as paying Blackburn compensation for a man that was probably going to get the sack soon enough anyway, whose side looked like they might struggle, and had shown nothing to suggest he would improve us. They would have been laughing all the way to the bank

Sickens me that Souness had £50m to spend. Of all the managers...

Was it Bellamy who supposedly stuck his fingers up behind SBR's back

I thought that was Dyer.

Anyway, Bellamy's comments just outline what a little cunt he is which is also the reason he's underachieved and never been anywhere very long.

People forget in 2003 with 8 games to go we all had 61 points, us, Arsenal and Man Utd. We had on paper the best run in too, but the first of those 8 games was at home to Man Utd, we went 1-0 up, but lost 2-6, if we'd have won that game, we'd have went to Everton and won there imo, and who knows what would've happened.

Is that when Bobby said something like "We've got 8 games left, if we win them all we'll be champions.... but we won't"

Fucking boils my piss that people think he'd lost the plot during the last 12 months. Even more so that certain ex-players reckon we're responsible for his exit. Combination of a chairman who got too involved and certain players who showed Robson very little respect.

• 3 weeks later...

Is that when Bobby said something like "We've got 8 games left, if we win them all we'll be champions.... but we won't"

Fucking boils my piss that people think he'd lost the plot during the last 12 months. Even more so that certain ex-players reckon we're responsible for his exit. Combination of a chairman who got too involved and certain players who showed Robson very little respect.

Aye that paragraph is all right. We drew too many, but had the lowest top flight loss figure in our history. The draws were due to lots of injuries to key players no other reason.

Aye that paragraph is all right. We drew too many, but had the lowest top flight loss figure in our history. The draws were due to lots of injuries to key players no other reason.

Aye and if SBR had brought us the title that season, it'd have easily been considered his greatest management achievement of all. He came bloody close. In many respects I think it was a bigger achievement when he finished 3rd than when Keegan's team finished runners up in 96. The club was a PLC, not privately owned, he dealt with Shepherd rather than Hall, the 2 teams above us in 2003 were streets ahead of us unlike in 96 but more than anything, we finished 3rd as well as conducted a reasonably successful Champions League campaign.

EPL Talk: “Lets talk about Newcastle United. What was was your greatest memory of playing there?”

Craig Bellamy: “My greatest memory there was Bobby Robson, playing for Bobby Robson, so you know that was it really. I was lucky he signed me and just to be involved with him, because he understood the club and you know he knew what the club was, he knew what the people were, which I think was key to going into a new club. You have to understand who you represent and who you are trying to play for, and he made it clear to us. we had a good team, we had a really good team, we were young, alot of athletes and we finished third, fourth and fifth. The year we finished fifth I could just sense it wasn’t, a few of the fans were expecting more they were expecting league titles. Newcastle united win league titles? I don’t think so! And I just thought they expected and things started to turn alittle bit and I just felt we didn’t start the season well particularly like we didn’t start any season well to be honest but we always came back with a late run you know, and just got there. We didn’t start one season too well and I can just remember, alot of fans were turning and booing and Skysports would be outside the ground and Newcastle fans would be moaning about this and that, and it just led to the manager getting sacked, which was just a complete shock and was embarrassing really when I look back on it now, how he can get the sack, but I also thought the crowd played a big part of in that as well, and for me I’ve had options to go back up there since and I wont! no chance! because I played for him and there is no one else to play for up there.”

EPL: “Yeah, there is no one else to play for once you’ve played for Sir Bobby maybe. Period.”

Craig Bellamy: “Well there is, but not at Newcastle!”

No neck dwarf cunt. There wasn't one protest outside the ground during his time at the club the fuckin arsehole rewriting history. "Newcastle winning titles" if we hadn't have bottled it two years running in 2002 and 2003 we could've fucking done it.

He's obviously referring to the start of the 2004/05 season. My mind might be getting mixed up a bit but I seem to recall the turn of events in those early weeks of that season being:

• Bellamy's mate Keiron refused to play right-wing and also refused to be captain away at Boro. We were winning with only seconds left and Hasselbaink bundled the ball into our net with his hand and it was given.
  • Woodgate was sold to Real Madrid by Shepherd. SBR had absolutely no dealing in it at all but was made by the club to stand in front of the cameras outside the Gallowgate end to explain what was going on.
  • We lost at home to Spurs to some outrageous goal from Atouba.
  • Shepherd put a crazy bid in for Wayne Rooney and actually thought we were going to sign him. Evidently unsettled the players as we could only draw 2-2 at home to newly promoted Norwich. Bellamy came on the cameras afterwards making it abundantly clear that if Rooney arrives, he'll be off and he wasn't welcoming to the idea.
  • By this time the Sky Sports vultures were hovering sensing an imminent killing. We lost 4-2 at Villa and Sheperd duly fed them Sir Bobby by sacking him.

I don't remember at one point was there a single NUFC support stood outside the ground protesting at Sir Bobby or his style of play. If Bellamy had beef with anyone in those first few weeks of that season it should have the chairman as it was he who rocked the boat.

It's hardly surprising that he was wax lyrical of only SBR's management at NUFC seeing as he was the manager who gave Bellamy the best years of his career. There was only one other manager he worked for during his time here and we all know how that ended up.

The Norwich game was 7 years ago today. Comments from that game were as follows:

"If Wayne Rooney comes I will have to review my position because I am not sitting on the bench anywhere."

"What Craig Bellamy should do is to honour his contract, all right? That is what he should do. At the moment he is doing too much talking.

"He had a bit to say yesterday and he has signed a new contract to play for Newcastle United Football Club. Honour your contract, Craig Bellamy. Honour your contract like everyone else has to and just concentrate on playing and scoring goals for this club.

"If Bellamy is publicly saying that, then I am publicly replying to him face-to-face. What does he want to do? Does he want to be manager or does he want to be the player?

"He is doing very well. That is why I am saying `Hey Craig, just enjoy your football and score goals. He has done well but he cannot make threats to the club."

The respect he shows for Robson now was most definitely not mirrored at the time.

Whereas Shearer's comments at the time:

"I think it would be great if we signed Rooney.

"He will be a fantastic asset and a great investment for this football club.

"It would be a great coup for the city and for the club if we can attract him here.

"If he is thinking about going abroad to Real Madrid or whatever then he can do that in four or five years time. He is only 18 and he is still effectively learning his trade.

"He will only be 22 or 23 in four years time so he's got plenty of time on his side and I think it would be a great step for him."

"Obviously it's all up in the air at the moment. Yes he would put my place under threat. It would put everyone under threat. So what?

"If he can come in and do well, then great. It's always been the rules of football if someone comes in and does well, you support him and say well done.

"We are all in it for this football club and if Rooney comes in and improves us, then we are all for it and I am 100% behind that.

"If we can get him it would be brilliant."

Was it 7 years ago now?

Christ, that's depressing. 7 years ago it was a disappointment for the club to not qualify for the champions league.

That was my first game at SJP, loved it. Shame it turned out to be Sir Bob's last.