Bellamy on way out at Man City

Kitman

I really think sad cunts sign up to this board just to goad LeazesMag.

Thats why we installed him, hes not real you know, just a bot designed to increase membership.

We also have an Alex bot, Gemmill bot, Kevin! bot and the now defunct Fopbot which malfunctioned spectacularly.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not like Leazes to back-pedal and divert the conversation back to accusing us of thinking that the old board weren't ambitious which has never been the accusation :lol:

are you disputing we were one of the top clubs in the country during those years then :icon_lol: which has always been my point.

Not like you to disregard it though. When do YOU think someone will come and do better than the [according to you, shite] Halls and Shepherd ?

Qualifying for europe and the Champions League ? Easy peasy stuff isn't it :)

No I'm not fucking disputing it, Christ! :lol:

We were one of the top clubs, for a period, which I acknowledge. But then we weren't by the time they fucking left you tit!

THEY decided to appoint Souness. They backed him because they were ambitious, which is so commendable, and lovely, but to make such a spectacularly fucking stupid decision in the first place caused our spiralling decline, then to appoint Gelnn Roeder, dear me.

Are you denying that these decisions cost us our place as a top 4 club?

Would you also say therefore that Brian Clough was a shite manager because in his last year with Notts Forest they were relegated, which is obviously bollocks, he was brilliant. You can't cherry pick what suits you.

They may also have appointed another good manager and done well again. You can't discount it. It doesn't make them a poor board, because they weren't.

It's also like saying Keegan was a shite manager because he didn't sustain the 12 point lead we had over ManU at the top of the league.

You're talking bollocks man. You're changing your perspective too, because you know it.

Anyway, I'm can't be arsed with this with you anymore, and I thought you had put me on ignore again :icon_lol:

Craig Bellamy is far too good to step down to the 2nd division. It's criminal that a club like us can't tempt him to come back here instead.

How fucking is it? :icon_lol:

There's a difference between a good manager losing games and a 'good' chairman appointing Souness, Roeder and Fat Sam. Oh and I can discount them appointing another good manager and doing well again, because they'd already spent all the fucking money backing the shit managers.

You fucking tool.

now now lad, no need for that. :icon_lol:

Even the best managers make poor decisions, or make poor signings. Keegan was no different.

Even the best owners appoint a poor manager. Explain the difference.

Your last sentence is bollocks too btw. They could easily have appointed another good manager, and so long as the income kept coming in, stadium was full and revenue kept up the money would be there, albeit after a year or two of tightening, which is what they did in the first few years under Bobby Robson.

There was nothing wrong with spending money as they had it ie sponsorship, what else do you think they should have done with it , put it in a bank and looked at the interest when we needed a top replacement for Alan Shearer :icon_lol:

Leeds played in the Champions League too and were SUPER ambitious.

Suppose they were superbly run were they? :)

sure, lets have years of absolutely nothing, like the mackems have had, or maybe our own future under Mike Ashley. You can remember those years of relegation scraps instead of reaching semi finals of the European Cup :lol:

What are you fucking on about you massive cock.

Just answer the question :lol: Were Leeds well ran because they were in the Champions League?

haha. Reaching the Semi Finals of the Champions League, who wants it ? Don't all raise your hands at once lads :icon_lol:

I really think sad cunts sign up to this board just to goad LeazesMag.

Thats why we installed him, hes not real you know, just a bot designed to increase membership.

We also have an Alex bot, Gemmill bot, Kevin! bot and the now defunct Fopbot which malfunctioned spectacularly.

sshhh

sure, lets have years of absolutely nothing, like the mackems have had, or maybe our own future under Mike Ashley. You can remember those years of relegation scraps instead of reaching semi finals of the European Cup :lol:

Just answer the question :lol: Were Leeds well ran because they were in the Champions League?

haha. Reaching the Semi Finals of the Champions League, who wants it ? Don't all raise your hands at once lads :icon_lol:

Who wants it by risking the financial future of the club? No thanks mate.

Followed by administration and playing in League 1.

Not like Leazes to back-pedal and divert the conversation back to accusing us of thinking that the old board weren't ambitious which has never been the accusation :lol:

are you disputing we were one of the top clubs in the country during those years then :icon_lol: which has always been my point.

Not like you to disregard it though. When do YOU think someone will come and do better than the [according to you, shite] Halls and Shepherd ?

We were one of the top clubs, for a period, which I acknowledge. But then we weren't by the time they fucking left you tit!

THEY decided to appoint Souness. They backed him because they were ambitious, which is so commendable, and lovely, but to make such a spectacularly fucking stupid decision in the first place caused our spiralling decline, then to appoint Gelnn Roeder, dear me.

Would you also say therefore that Brian Clough was a shite manager because in his last year with Notts Forest they were relegated, which is obviously bollocks, he was brilliant. You can't cherry pick what suits you.

They may also have appointed another good manager and done well again. You can't discount it. It doesn't make them a poor board, because they weren't.

It's also like saying Keegan was a shite manager because he didn't sustain the 12 point lead we had over ManU at the top of the league.

You're talking bollocks man. You're changing your perspective too, because you know it.

Anyway, I'm can't be arsed with this with you anymore, and I thought you had put me on ignore again :icon_lol:

Craig Bellamy is far too good to step down to the 2nd division. It's criminal that a club like us can't tempt him to come back here instead.

There's a difference between a good manager losing games and a 'good' chairman appointing Souness, Roeder and Fat Sam. Oh and I can discount them appointing another good manager and doing well again, because they'd already spent all the fucking money backing the shit managers.

You fucking tool.

Even the best managers make poor decisions, or make poor signings. Keegan was no different.

Your last sentence is bollocks too btw. They could easily have appointed another good manager, and so long as the income kept coming in, stadium was full and revenue kept up the money would be there, albeit after a year or two of tightening, which is what they did in the first few years under Bobby Robson.

There was nothing wrong with spending money as they had it ie sponsorship, what else do you think they should have done with it , put it in a bank and looked at the interest when we needed a top replacement for Alan Shearer :icon_lol:

Which 'best owners' have appointed 3 poor managers in a row?

please tell us how many of the trophy winning clubs aren't massively in the red :icon_lol:

Or are you saying that you don't want to try and win trophies ? You should have been supporting the mackems during the last 20 years, were you deeply envious of their financial stability rather than sign the top players we did and playing in europe :icon_lol:

You fucking tool.

who were they ?

please tell us how many of the trophy winning clubs aren't massively in the red :icon_lol:

Or are you saying that you don't want to try and win trophies ? You should have been supporting the mackems during the last 20 years, were you deeply envious of their financial stability rather than sign the top players we did and playing in europe :icon_lol:

The trophy winning clubs have a global fanbase which generates an income big enough to pay for their debt though. They got the fanbase first, then the debt. They didn't get into debt chasing the fanbase.

You fucking tool.

who were they ?

I'm asking you

You fucking tool.

who were they ?

I'm asking you

you obviously have someone in mind.

Actually. Man City. Sunderland, numerous other clubs who have never played in europe over the last 20 years. Only 4 teams have appointed better managers than we did during this period.

Souness won the FA Cup with Liverpool and the League Cup with Blackburn. Roeder finished 7th and qualified for europe. Allardyce was touted as a future England manager and put Blackburn higher than us 2 years ago when we were relegated. So who are you thinking of ? The smoggies ? I would dispute that, as McLaren won the League Cup too and has just won the title in Holland. So who do you have in mind.

The trophy winning clubs have a global fanbase which generates an income big enough to pay for their debt though. They got the fanbase first, then the debt. They didn't get into debt chasing the fanbase.

Chelsea had a global fanbase before they started winning trophies ? They didn't even have the most supporters in London :icon_lol:

And all the premiership is in debt too, including the other trophy winners, but I'm sure you know best when you say this isn't the case.

Suppose they were superbly run were they? :lol:

sure, lets have years of absolutely nothing, like the mackems have had, or maybe our own future under Mike Ashley. You can remember those years of relegation scraps instead of reaching semi finals of the European Cup :icon_lol:

Chelsea had a global fanbase before they started winning trophies ? They didn't even have the most supporters in London :icon_lol:

And all the premiership is in debt too, including the other trophy winners, but I'm sure you know best when you say this isn't the case.

Chelsea aren't in debt. I only consider it to be a debt when you actually have to pay it back, like if you are a PLC, for example. Debt to your owner is hardly high-risk now is it :)

Radio 5 live's Robbie Savage on Craig Bellamy: "Craig has not been fined, that's not true. He's got a good relationship with Man City, says there's no problem at all between them. He thinks he should be in the City 25-man squad, but he's not. He's been at a club today having discussions but I can't tell you who it is. It might surprise you, possibly. He's had offers from clubs who might finish higher than Man City!"

That'll be us then.

On last nights showing Bellamy would be absolutely ideal alongside Carrol.

mad isn't it. he's available; he'd probably come if we were in for him and and exactly the sort of player that would transform our team. yet there's no sign of an offer.

On last nights showing Bellamy would be absolutely ideal alongside Carrol.

I concur. Stick in Ben Arfa, a defensive midfielder, Saylor (or even Simpson if that is Perch's true ability) at RB and it looks quite promising

I think we need a right-back and a striker before the window closes. If we get Ben Afra as well then it'll give us a good grounding for a relatively decent season.

We need to not lose sight of the fact that we've only played one game at it was away against the team that defeat the double winners quite comfortably in the charity shield.

As Stevie pointed out recently we've got about 5 or 6 strikers so there's no chance of another one coming in. That's an Ashley mindset rather than thinking what we have is good enough.

Craig Bellamy on brink of Man City exit - Robbie Savage

Craig Bellamy's immediate future could be decided later on Tuesday after the Manchester City striker spent Monday in talks with an unnamed club.

City must name a 25-man Premier League squad by 1 September, and Bellamy, 31, is expected to be left out - leaving him open to a transfer or loan move.

Bellamy has been linked with moves to Cardiff, Tottenham, Fulham and Celtic.

Radio 5 live pundit Robbie Savage said: "He's been at a club having talks. If it comes off he will sign for them."

Bellamy was reportedly banned from the Eastlands training ground at the weekend after clashing with Mancini and senior City staff.

The club granted permission for the Wales international to train with his hometown club Cardiff City, which holds obvious attractions for the striker since it is where his wife and children live.

His current employers would prefer him to move to a Championship club rather than a Premier League rival - and City's huge wealth means they have an unprecedented amount of control over the future of a player whose colourful career has taken in eight clubs already.

Fulham and Scottish Premier League side Celtic have registered an interest to sign Bellamy, Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is also keen, while the Guardian reported on Tuesday that Everton have joined the list of suitors.

Although Mancini has no intention of picking Bellamy, the club can afford to leave him on the sidelines or subsidise his wages while loaning him to the club of their choice.

Tottenham beat the Eastlands side to reach a Champions League play-off last season, and Redknapp conceded: "They wouldn't want to loan him to us. I don't think they want to loan anyone to us. They would loan Fulham Bellamy but wouldn't loan people to us.

"Good luck to Cardiff but it would be a waste of an outstanding player. He should stay in the Premier League for sure."

Manchester City's stance opens the possibility that a player who has cost a total of about £45m in transfer fees over the past decade could be heading to Championship club Cardiff.

The 25-man squad limit is being introduced this season in an attempt to persuade clubs against making a surfeit of big-money transfers and instead develop young talent.

But Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has already criticised the ruling repeatedly because he believes that wealthy sides can still stockpile talent and then choose where to send them on loan if they do not need them.

Bellamy himself is exasperated with his situation at Eastlands that he even spoke last week of quitting football altogether.

"This game is ruthless; I might finish, full stop," he said.

He has been a Premier League regular since joining Coventry from Norwich in 2000 - except for a five-month loan stint at Celtic during his time at Newcastle United - and has also played for Liverpool, West Ham and Blackburn Rovers.

Savage added: "He's disappointed he's not in the City 25. He thinks he should be in, as I do and the majority of supporters in Britain would.

"He wants to play football and is a fantastic player."

Well we were in Manchester yesterday... :lol: