A Level Results..

Kevin

kev, make sure you get your loan app in proper early

not sure if its the same system over your place but they are generally just a pile of horrific retards whove never been able to handle the job they have getting people their money on time

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if its the same system over your place but they are generally just a pile of horrific retards whove never been able to handle the job they have getting people their money on time

How much do you get as a student loan? do you get to decide or is it a set amount.

I'm sort of worried about not being able to find a job in belfast/newcastle and relying on my student loan for the year.

Also.. for people who've been to uni, what's better, having your own house or the halls?

General Studies is a doss, you don't need to revise for it; do the AS in January and the A2 in June.

I don't even know if my school does it? I've never heard of anyone doing it before?

Can you do cope in upper 6th?

I don't think General studies is available in sixth forms, it's more common with colleges who regard it as compulsory at AS.

What's the difference between colleges and 6th form? Over here the options are the tech and going into 6th year, im guessing you call the tech college?

Colleges are usually only for the teaching of A levels, whereas sixth forms are joined onto secondary schools.

I see i see.

Don't suppose you have any idea of how many people got rejected / accepted - bit of inside UCAS info, nah?

Accepted/rejected from what? University in general?

Accepted/rejected from their first choice? Their insurance choice? From all five choices? You'll need to be more specific :)

Well like.. how many just got clean rejected altogether as in have no hope of going to uni this year ;)

Accepted/rejected from their first choice? Their insurance choice? From all five choices? You'll need to be more specific :)

Well like.. how many just got clean rejected altogether as in have no hope of going to uni this year ;)

The situation at the moment is there are 150,000 students trying to get 10,000 places through Clearing, so at least 140,000 will have no place.

General Studies is a doss, you don't need to revise for it; do the AS in January and the A2 in June.

They don't offer mickey mouse subjects like General Studies in N. Ireland, we do real subjects like Moving Images...

The situation at the moment is there are 150,000 students trying to get 10,000 places through Clearing, so at least 140,000 will have no place.

Offfffffft thats bad. A boy i know got into leeds uni with a CDD. Feck, hope i get in to mine alright.

How much do you get as a student loan? do you get to decide or is it a set amount.

I'm sort of worried about not being able to find a job in belfast/newcastle and relying on my student loan for the year.

Also.. for people who've been to uni, what's better, having your own house or the halls?

halls first year no doubt about it, get stuck in with some strangers makes you come out of your shell and gets you involved in a hell of a lot of parties and stuff

as for student loan, they'll cover all of your tuition fees and the loan to you depends on your parents finances, if theyre over the threshold moneywise then that base amount it about 3500 of the top of my head, then you need to think student bank account, go for the best overdraft deal that gives you the most money and the most time, post uni, to pay it back without interest dont get drawn in by "free ipod" etc because the accounts and terms make more than the amount an ipod costs back off you in no time

halls first year no doubt about it, get stuck in with some strangers makes you come out of your shell and gets you involved in a hell of a lot of parties and stuff

as for student loan, they'll cover all of your tuition fees and the loan to you depends on your parents finances, if theyre over the threshold moneywise then that base amount it about 3500 of the top of my head, then you need to think student bank account, go for the best overdraft deal that gives you the most money and the most time, post uni, to pay it back without interest dont get drawn in by "free ipod" etc because the accounts and terms make more than the amount an ipod costs back off you in no time

I was thinking of staying in the halls. i probably will. sounds a lot better. would £3500 be enough for food, drink and everything else?

Moving Images :) Sounds like a kids TV programme.

you ucas boy's should know what it is.

Tis a subject where you study film.

Kevin is going to be one disappointed fella this time next year.

Nah i won't.

my first year was brilliant, spent every penny I had on alcohol, pretty much did fuck all work second semester as I was already in the process of moving course and had already been told that it didnt matter at all whether or not I passed my courses first year

great times!

I was thinking of staying in the halls. i probably will. sounds a lot better. would £3500 be enough for food, drink and everything else?

depends how youre paying the rent/halls cost to be honest, Ive managed fine since my parents could cover my halls costs but if youre paying it all out of your loan you'll need a job

my first year was brilliant, spent every penny I had on alcohol, pretty much did fuck all work second semester as I was already in the process of moving course and had already been told that it didnt matter at all whether or not I passed my courses first year

great times!

Basically my first year as well. I didn't hand in 4 bits of work and still passed.

Kevin is going to be one disappointed fella this time next year.

Ewerk will still be a patrionising cunt this time next year.

You must've been the brightest boy in his year then.

ah the student life sounds good ;) jordanstown's supposed to be amazing aswell (partying wise). I was in the halls and on the campus about 8 years ago. strangley enough i remember what it looks like, giant kitchens and the works.

what stops your food being stole :)?

depends how youre paying the rent/halls cost to be honest, Ive managed fine since my parents could cover my halls costs but if youre paying it all out of your loan you'll need a job

Nah i wouldn't be paying it all myself. They would deffinitley help me with anything i needed. I thought the halls were free.

ah the student life sounds good ;) jordanstown's supposed to be amazing aswell (partying wise). I was in the halls and on the campus about 8 years ago. strangley enough i remember what it looks like, giant kitchens and the works.

If anyone steals your food, piss in their drawers.

ah the student life sounds good :) jordanstown's supposed to be amazing aswell (partying wise). I was in the halls and on the campus about 8 years ago. strangley enough i remember what it looks like, giant kitchens and the works.

J'town halls are well out of the city though, aren't they? If you're going to Belfast then a house is your best bet imo.

Though going to GB would be an even better option.

ah the student life sounds good :icon_lol: jordanstown's supposed to be amazing aswell (partying wise). I was in the halls and on the campus about 8 years ago. strangley enough i remember what it looks like, giant kitchens and the works.

If anyone steals your food, piss in their drawers.

Will do ;)