A Level Results..

Kevin

One quick bit of advice, if you do get an interview they will probably ask why you want to go to University so I would think hard about the answer you give as your answers on here are about as deep as a puddle (that isn't meant to sound harsh, I just don't think "because I want to" and "I want to learn more about computer science because I don't know nothing about it" will impress them all that much).

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hope it turns out as you expect it to be and you don't waste years learning about some you admit you don't really know much about only to find out it's not something you like or just can't understand ;)

Thank you. The maturity in you is shining through Gejon, I'm happy for you.

I give up. Kevin, I'm going to go back to ripping the shit out of you - at least you listen to that.

You couldn't rip the shit out of a cow's arse you pussy.

Hopefully it will start to rub off on you but I doubt it :)

One quick bit of advice, if you do get an interview they will probably ask why you want to go to University so I would think hard about the answer you give as your answers on here are about as deep as a puddle (that isn't meant to sound harsh, I just don't think "because I want to" and "I want to learn more about computer science because I don't know nothing about it" will impress them all that much).

Nah I'll think of an answer before hand. Like when mcdonalds asked me why i wanted to work there:

Because right now at this age what I value most is experience, almost every job in todays world anyway requires you to have a decent amount of experience. Mcdonald's provides me with experience such as customer service, catering and also how to use tills. All these could turn out valuable to me in the future.

Nah I'll think of an answer before hand. Like when mcdonalds asked me why i wanted to work there:

Because right now at this age what I value most is experience, almost every job in todays world anyway requires you to have a decent amount of experience. Mcdonald's provides me with experience such as customer service, catering and also how to use tills. All these could turn out valuable to me in the future.

:)

Ok, *puts on academic voice*

"So Mr. Gallagher, why do you want to study at Jordanstown? I must warn you we don't use tills in lectures"

Kevin Senior is viewing I see.

I thought Kevin's surname was Gallagher, not Assilleekunt?

It's his middlename.

Father never mentioned it because it promotes the opposite to his veiny cock.

Sorry to break the cherry to you Kevin.

So hang on, you value experience but when everyone in this thread has tried to impart some of their experience on you, you claim that "they don't know shit!"

Digest this, and it isn't up for debate. You never, ever stop learning all the way through life. The moment someone thinks they know everything is the moment they start to go into freefall. No industry is that more applicable than IT.

You're ambition is admirable - there isn't a great deal at your age who know what they want to do - I certainly didn't. But your attitude stinks to high heaven and needs working on if you have any desire to realise those ambitions.

;)

Ok, *puts on academic voice*

"So Mr. Gallagher, why do you want to study at Jordanstown? I must warn you we don't use tills in lectures"

Because i wanna party

Kevin Senior is viewing I see.

I thought Kevin's surname was Gallagher, not Assilleekunt?

It's his middlename.

Father never mentioned it because it promotes the opposite to his veiny cock.

Sorry to break the cherry to you Kevin.

Fuck off you emo cunt.

So hang on, you value experience but when everyone in this thread has tried to impart some of their experience on you, you claim that "they don't know shit!"

Digest this, and it isn't up for debate. You never, ever stop learning all the way through life. The moment someone thinks they know everything is the moment they start to go into freefall. No industry is that more applicable than IT.

You're ambition is admirable - there isn't a great deal at your age who know what they want to do - I certainly didn't. But your attitude stinks to high heaven and needs working on if you have any desire to realise those ambitions.

Bump

How do you know that my attitude stinks in heaven :)

Anyway Acid you greebo, what did you get in your ALevels? :)

I start them in September, however I was in slightly the same position as you were with more academic subjects. I chose the wrong subjects, wasn't clear on my ambitions and was thrown out of an incompetent sixth form. I saw this as a wake up call, and so should you in your case.

Seriously, take the advise by others onboard, quit being arrogant and get your head down.

Edited by Acid

Anyway Acid you greebo, what did you get in your ALevels? ;)

I start them in September, however I was in slightly the same position as you were with more academic subjects. I chose the wrong subjects, wasn't clear on my ambitions and was thrown out of an incompetent sixth form. I saw this as a wake up call, and so should you in your case.

Seriously, take the advise by others onboard, quit being arrogant and get your head down.

Then you are in no position to call me thick or slag my grades. Least I didn't get kicked out ffs.

I chose business / ICT as A Levels because I knew i always wanted to go into the one or the other, get business up to an A (shoulda done a lot better in my exam, i was one of the highest in the class and i ended up getting one of the lowest :icon_lol: ). So I repeat that module in January, work for them because I hardly worked this year get my final BBC grades and bob's your uncle.

A question for Dan"theMan" - can i leave politics off my ucas application form?

I got 33/200 :)

Is that something to be proud of?

Anyway, you can get your BBC if you want but you won't have any decent offers based on these grades.

:aye:

didn't want to do it. Bet the old fecker regrets making me do it now, making him look bad :scratchchin:

In my defence.. all my friends failed politics aswell. some even got U's ;) Although i think i was the lowest EVER in the school :icon_lol:

I got 33/200 ;)

Is that something to be proud of?

Anyway, you can get your BBC if you want but you won't have any decent offers based on these grades.

16½% :)

Fuck, i thought it was 13% :icon_lol:

Anyway Acid you greebo, what did you get in your ALevels? ;)

Then you are in no position to call me thick or slag my grades. Least I didn't get kicked out ffs.

I chose business / ICT as A Levels because I knew i always wanted to go into the one or the other, get business up to an A (shoulda done a lot better in my exam, i was one of the highest in the class and i ended up getting one of the lowest :icon_lol: ). So I repeat that module in January, work for them because I hardly worked this year get my final BBC grades and bob's your uncle.

I never called you thick or mocked your AS grades.

I was kicked out because I lacked motivation, simple as. This was primarily to do with the subjects I picked, the exception being English Literature. Also the same enviroment grained on me, the school seemed disjointed and the majority of the teachers are appalling. I admit, it hit me like a cunt at first but I don't regret it, because it didn't match neither my aspirations or ambitions.

You should been striving for long-term goals and concentrate less on now, because at the end of the day the internet, shopping, playstations and television are all distractions, interupting you from thinking without influence which stops development and leaves you being narrow-minded.

Anyway Acid you greebo, what did you get in your ALevels? :icon_lol:

I chose business / ICT as A Levels because I knew i always wanted to go into the one or the other, get business up to an A (shoulda done a lot better in my exam, i was one of the highest in the class and i ended up getting one of the lowest :scratchchin: ). So I repeat that module in January, work for them because I hardly worked this year get my final BBC grades and bob's your uncle.

I never called you thick or mocked your AS grades.

I was kicked out because I lacked motivation, simple as. This was primarily to do with the subjects I picked, the exception being English Literature. Also the same enviroment grained on me, the school seemed disjointed and the majority of the teachers are appalling. I admit, it hit me like a cunt at first but I don't regret it, because it didn't match neither my aspirations or ambitions.

You should been striving for long-term goals and concentrate less on now, because at the end of the day the internet, shopping, playstations and television are all distractions, interupting you from thinking without influence which stops development and leaves you being narrow-minded.

I think the only reason I stayed motivated in school was because it was a new school. If I had of stayed at my old one i would of failed horribly because it was just so much craic. Everyone in my old class got U's and E's so i'm glad i left.

I wish i could concentrate on my ps3, its broke. I also wish i could be distracted by going out tonight like everyone, every single person who's in 6th form and up are heading out to celebrate results. but noooooo, i can't cause my brother took his passport out with him. ;)