Trends and ways of posters on here

Guest Tuco Ramirez

It is probably an age thing, but there is no doubt in my mind that the quality of music in the last twenty years or so is nowhere near as good as it was in the era you mention. Apart from a handful of artists, most of them produce the odd good track, an album that is primarily shite, and then tend to drift to mediocrity. THe only thing that keeps a lot of them in the business is that the majority of music these days is rubbish,IMHO. Comparatively speaking.

Bollocks. The 2000s was easily as consistent as the 60s and 70s.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is probably an age thing, but there is no doubt in my mind that the quality of music in the last twenty years or so is nowhere near as good as it was in the era you mention. Apart from a handful of artists, most of them produce the odd good track, an album that is primarily shite, and then tend to drift to mediocrity. THe only thing that keeps a lot of them in the business is that the majority of music these days is rubbish,IMHO. Comparatively speaking.

Black singers piss me off, in the main, because I'm sure most of them could produce Tamla Motown or Northern Soul type music if they were that way inclined instead of the moronic chanting that they do instead.

Bollocks. The 2000s was easily as consistent as the 60s and 70s.

We'll see how many artists stand the test of time like The Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, Free etc etc and Motown artists like the Supremes and Four Tops

that answers my question. truthfully all of those groups you've mentioned are revered and rightly so. trouble is for me music has moved on and people that aren't trained in a conventional way, can play or learn to play music. thats what i and i'm guessiing a number of the guys and girls have done here.

that answers my question. truthfully all of those groups you've mentioned are revered and rightly so. trouble is for me music has moved on and people that aren't trained in a conventional way, can play or learn to play music. thats what i and i'm guessiing a number of the guys and girls have done here.

I hear new music in pubs etc and there are tracks that I like but in the main, the odd CD I hear by those artists when I follow them up, is disappointing.

I suppose Greenday is the best group I've picked up on in the last few years ie American Idiot is superb, one of the best.

Black singers piss me off, in the main, because I'm sure most of them could produce Tamla Motown or Northern Soul type music if they were that way inclined instead of the moronic chanting that they do instead.

:cuppa:

it's nothing to do with the colour of their skin you moron. Fair enough you don't like rap, but not all rappers are black, and there are plenty of black people who do things other than rap. You're a pretty pathetic old man Leazes and I, for one, pity you.

it's nothing to do with the colour of their skin you moron. Fair enough you don't like rap, but not all rappers are black, and there are plenty of black people who do things other than rap. You're a pretty pathetic old man Leazes and I, for one, pity you.

I'm not saying it is you daft shite, I'm saying how brilliant Tamla Motown was.

don't know holden. nice sirname mind. i'm single at the moment, though i have had a rather good last couple of months with the ladies.

i do shit techno alex. its trance and dubstep nowadays old bean! i should post some but i'd probably get the shit ripped out of me.

Give us a pm then with some links. Trancey dubstep? Is that not just UK funky? ;

Fuck me this is getting technical.

I haven't uploaded any dubstep as yet. i'll set up a toontastic page on soundcloud when i get a minute. put some demo's up.

Oh and trance isn't gay, well at least i didn't think it was. depends as always what floats your boat i guess.

Digital Hang is really nice, well executed and creates a nice mood. Reminds me of Pantha du Prince. Right up my autobahn.

The trancey thing is not my cup of herbal but that shit sells, especially with the girls apparently.

Boclite reminds me a bit of the new Actress album, i like it but i would have started it off with the low pitched synth and left that going for longer, building the track up from there.

Dhang-Reminds me of early Sakamoto and has the ambient trailing mix is good.

Virustrance- Is a very Pet Shop boys bassline/ but then the hi energy/ravey ATB style lead synth/...Think the intro is better than the song. (You want to be adding a bit more atmosphere to it...Something more indecipherable in the background. Ditch that very makeweight and identifyable lead synth for a treated synth wind instrument of some kind.

Boclite - has the making of a classic with the flanged synth drum and the roaming synth pads...

What DAW and software do you use?

Thanks enjoyable.

don't know holden. nice sirname mind. i'm single at the moment, though i have had a rather good last couple of months with the ladies.

i do shit techno alex. its trance and dubstep nowadays old bean! i should post some but i'd probably get the shit ripped out of me.

Give us a pm then with some links. Trancey dubstep? Is that not just UK funky? ;

:cuppa: Proper genre-spotters.

Chez is a speccy nutter when it comes to music.

I feel quite sorry for pc brainwashed people who's heads are so far up their arse they read meanings into comments that don't exist.

Is this what our schools are churning out these days.

Chez is a speccy nutter when it comes to music.

Who isn't? ;)

I'm I the only one who hasn't had a serious fall-out with any of Stevie, Leazes, J69, Fish, Craig, Renton, Wacky, Pud, Kevin or Christmas Tree at one time or another?

I never thought I was a contentious sort, just likely to fall foul of some people's caricatures on here. I genuinely think if Stevie ever met me, he wouldn't feel quite as vitriolic towards me, but I'm not going to bust a gut to change his mind. I am surprised to be mentioned in the same sentence as the more demonstrative of the posters on here*; I think my frequency is mistaken for an implicit interest in the subjects... where as , in fact, I'm just very bored.

* ditto Renton and Pud

I think you often come across as very pretentious on here (although not as much as you used to), even though you may not be like that in real life.

oh you do, do you? :cuppa:

Yeah.

Black singers piss me off ?

For fucks sake Leazes, the way someone sings has fuck all to do with the colour of their skin. A white girl from Barnett could sound like a Tamla Motown track.

I feel quite sorry for pc brainwashed people who's heads are so far up their arse they read meanings into comments that don't exist.

Rap is far more innovative than rock music these days tbh.

Brainwashed. :cuppa:;)

For fucks sake Leazes, the way someone sings has fuck all to do with the colour of their skin. A white girl from Barnett could sound like a Tamla Motown track.

but they didn't !!!! Based in Detroit, founded by Berry Gordy Jnr. Temptations, Supremes, Four Tops, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, Jackson 5 etc etc......all black American singers. Holland-Dozier-Holland the main songwriters of the early years. Fantastic stuff. The only white artists during this time, so far as I know, was a group called Rare Earth, and they actually didn't really have the traditional Motown sound like the others. This is fact. What's your problem with this ?

I don't get you, you're making a fuss over nothing like the usual pc do gooder shite you see all the time.

but they didn't !!!! Based in Detroit, founded by Berry Gordy Jnr. Temptations, Supremes, Four Tops, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, Jackson 5 etc etc......all black American singers. Holland-Dozier-Holland the main songwriters of the early years. Fantastic stuff. The only white artists during this time, so far as I know, was a group called Rare Earth, and they actually didn't really have the traditional Motown sound like the others. This is fact. What's your problem with this ?

I don't get you, you're making a fuss over nothing like the usual pc do gooder shite you see all the time.

My problem, Enoch, is that to infer that "Black singers" are the only ones who could produce that style of music is ridiculous. It's just wrong.

No if you'd said "Modern singers piss me off" I wouldn't give a shit, but you didn't. You said black singers, because you honestly think they're the only ones who could reproduce the halcyon days of Motown in it's pomp. You didn't envision, for a second, that a white singer could do likewise, because you're a bigot.

Oh, and accusing me of doing good is not an insult.

Rap is far more innovative than rock music these days tbh.

Brainwashed. :cuppa:;)

I'm talking the good stuff like, not shite like Eminem. Straight up rock music is so depressingly shit especially when they try to sing with a bit of emotion. Coldplay have a lot to answer for.

A good list you got there. Rare and precious sounds mate.

Wasn't Motown pretty closely aligned to the black community

Motown played an important role in the racial integration of popular music, as it was the first record label owned by an African American to primarily feature African-American artists who achieved crossover success.

Think you're making a mountain out of a molehill tbh Fish

Edited by Kid Dynamite